Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Seriously why should we? I've grown up being told that "our troops" are over sea's fighting for our freedoms and blah blah blah.. But really are they?

We haven't had a threat of Invasion or a real War since WWII, so how are they protecting my freedoms? If anything they're a huge drain on our economy and forcing me into servitude of our government..

Now that I've gotten older and started to really think about it, these are the people that didn't want to further their education or who basically couldn't provide for them self in our society. So they joined the military, most military men when getting out have a Air about them, it isn't confidence it's entitlement. Now I"m not talking about everyone, but a good majority of them are whiny crying bitches who think that everything should be handed to them because they served over seas and fought for our country..

I'm sick of it and really getting sick of these right wing people who are part of the military and want to keep bankrupting our country to fight an imaginary enemy.. Oh no, you're not going to be able to support your family of four on one income if you're husband doesn't have government housing and food anymore, you might have to get a job to support your baby making.. Well welcome to the real world.

Yes the War on Terror is a fake war against an enemy that can appear and disappear at will and when they want. I hope Congress cuts Military personal and these people who have been living off the Governments nipple will be released into this shitty economy that the rest of our country's been dealing with.. We trained these people how to bankrupt Russia by attacking, hiding and now we're doing the same thing.. I really don't think we're that stupid..

So bottom line is troops, you've been paid for your service and as all other thankless jobs out there, suck it up, you don't deserve anything else..
On behalf of all the military past and present... Fuck You... these people are one of the major reasons our country is so great...
It's not little sissy's sitting at their computer spewing retardation...
The incredible part...... These amazing military folks will still defend... even you... 
  Post your stupidity on a... "I hate everything American" website...

How old are you by the way?   If you are 15 i can forgive you a little... if you are an adult... you have serious issues...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-12-22 17:47:55)

Love is the answer
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

SealXo
+309|6537

dayarath wrote:

wait, you are putting the blame of the economic crisis on the armed forces?

first I thought you were just being a dick, but you're fucking stupid to add on to that.

AND JUST WHEN I THOUGHT YOU HIT ROCK BOTTOM
The armed forces make jack shit for what they do.
/sigh

well ive got to go down to the st regis for dinner, lolbai.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

SealXo wrote:

The armed forces make jack shit for what they do.
i dunno.  when i look back on it, i would pay to serve with some of the greatest people from all over the world, mainly US Marines and the Royal Marines.

however, i was single so my financial issues were minimal.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

I joined long before there was a threat of terrorists attacking the US. I didn't sign up for Iraq or Afghanistan. I signed up to do my part to protect and defend the nation that I love and that has given me (and many others) far more opportunity than I would have anywhere else.

The pay is shit. The hours are shit. The locations are shit. And you can get killed on top of it all...even when you aren't in combat.

To say that the only reason for a military is to protect the homeland from invasion is ridiculously short-sighted and ignores reality. If that were the case, there would be no reason for a military force in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Japan (you get the picture). Nations (not just the US) use military as one instrument of national power to protect national interests, wherever those interests may lie...and whether you agree with those issues being national interests or not.

Does the US military need to be as large as it is? Probably not. Is it a waste of taxpayers' dollars to have a military? Absolutely not. To somehow equate the pain in the private sector with eliminating part of the public sector is comparing apples and oranges. If anything, when the private sector is hurting, the public sector needs to expand to absorb the slack until the private sector can get back on its feet.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
Just slap a yellow magnetic ribbon on your car, like everybody else.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

S3v3N wrote:

i dunno.  it might freeze off.  my car was pissed that i tried to start it this morning.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

i dunno.  it might freeze off.  my car was pissed that i tried to start it this morning.
Block heater dude.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

cpt.fass1 wrote:

...... these are the people that didn't want to further their education or who basically couldn't provide for them self in our society. So they joined the military......
You are an ignorant fuck.

I hope your mother gets fisted by a mechanic named Todd.

And mods, before you ban me for "flaming", take a look at what this little asshole just said. That is absolutely absurd and asshatish.
Malloy must go
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

cpt.fass1 wrote:

...... these are the people that didn't want to further their education or who basically couldn't provide for them self in our society. So they joined the military......
That is way out of order. You have no appreciation for the thousands of people who put their lives on the line for their country, for their family's, for ignorant fuckers like you.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

deeznutz1245 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

You are an ignorant fuck.
I agree with everything you said up to this point tbh deez.

And a lot of the time you can further your education through a military career. It isn't just swinging a gun over your shoulders and marching around the desert, for a start - despite what you might think cpt.fass.

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2008-12-22 20:02:01)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SealXo
+309|6537

cpt.fass1 wrote:

you're an idiot.

im just going to leave it at that because this is so stupid on so many levels i cant explain it fully.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Turquoise wrote:

I can agree with some of what fass is saying.  We really do spend too much on the military and enter too many conflicts.  There are a few people in the military that I've known that are serious douchebags (I can think of one recently permabanned member here in particular).

Still, I wouldn't go so far as to assume that assholes are the norm.  While it is true that a lot of people join the military out of financial need, I can respect this choice because of the danger they're putting themselves in for a pretty low pay and low benefits.

The main reason I'd never join the military myself though is that I don't trust this government.  So, on the one hand, I think we should support people who put their lives at risk with the intention of protecting us, but on the other hand, we should recognize that the government they work for is far more interested in profiting off of their deaths than in protecting us.

That's how I see it anyway.

The troops are mostly honorable, but the politicians leading them should be the ones getting blown up instead.
quote for motherfuckingtruth.

usmarine wrote:

well lets look back to people who joined in the late 90's.  if they hadnt volunteered, you would have been drafted in 2001 (assuming you were old enough).
What a load of horseshit.

If the spineless fuckwits had the balls they would have instituted a draft instead of paying touthless douchebags like those that work for blackwater and private companies servicing aircraft ( sorry lowing ) double, triple and more what enlists swinging dicks make.
Or, if the brainless idiots in the whitehouse had had any fucking integrity they would have counted the cost of the war into our yearly budget, which they don't. This whole war is made of fail and the sad sacks going of to die for it have been suckered in an eternal way.

Fass is preaching from the church of painful truth  boys. It may have been stated in overly harsh language but all in all his logic has dominated this thread.

I support the troops and job training for them so they can do something better with their time than fighting and dying for cocksuckers like Cheney and Bush.

Big budget cuts for the military are coming. These troops will come home to a jiggered economy wherein nobody is hiring unless you want to work at Walmart or McDonalds. I expect there will be a few patriots who will go on the warpath after seeing what they are returning to. Sad, really. Every part of this mess.
SealXo
+309|6537
and with your lack of education thing 'point'

my friends joining the navy so he can get a free education on nuclear reactors...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

This whole war is made of fail and the sad sacks going of to die for it have been suckered in an eternal way.
Nice ATG, nice.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718
With an endorsement from Captain Conspiracy...(ATG)...
Capt Fail1 should be pleased...lol
Love is the answer
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky

SealXo wrote:

my friends joining the navy so he can get a free education on nuclear reactors...
I got a free education on fucking up Humvees, shooting high powered rifles at long ranges, drinking games.. fighting boredom and chasing girls.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

S3v3N wrote:

SealXo wrote:

I got a free education on fucking up Humvees, shooting high powered rifles at long ranges, drinking games.. fighting boredom and chasing girls.
I've got some buddies who got the same education while in college..lol. Granted the Humvee was rented .. in Vegas.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky

Kmarion wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

SealXo wrote:

I've got some buddies who got the same education while in college..lol. Granted the Humvee was rented .. in Vegas.
touche'

but I got paid.
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

This whole war is made of fail and the sad sacks going of to die for it have been suckered in an eternal way.
Nice ATG, nice.
I loved those cartoons when I was a kid.

https://www.fsu.edu/~ww2/SadSackOldJoe2.JPG

I have long maintained that the members of our military are the cream of the cream. not only are they bright, but 98% of them fight for god, Apple pie and Mom. I get it.

A good friend of mine lives in Oregon. He says the same thing of the lumberjacks; " those boys don't know knowing else. They need to be given help to relocate, get out of the forest and find a new line of work.  Whole square miles are clear cut, sometimes as make work. "

One has but to consider the unbelievable unfunded SS mandate. 350 trillion dollars. History has proven we haven't addressed the issue of ptsd with Vietnam vets. While our soldiers receive much more support than some previous ill-conceived wars, the fact remains that the troops are being given short shrift. Like I said, have said and will say again; they sent our boys out there in shit armored humvees, they pay mercenaries to do honest soldiers work, and they don't count the war expenditures in the regular budget. Are we to have faith that this time, this war they will do right by the soldiers? I say nay, and again, nay. They are doing a good job minimizing the fatalities per injury ratio. I am reminded of the scene from the movie Starship Troopers where the old marine with bionic limbs encourages the young marines to go out and get maimed. We have Ollie North and Sean Hannity. Stop Loss is an unfortunate cost of service.

Maj. Gen. Larry Shellito commands the Minnesota National Guard. He calls the four-month extension a sucker punch, and says it will make re-entry exceptionally difficult. "The problem is when they come back home, they'll get the hugs and kisses, they'll drink their favorite beer they couldn't drink over there," Shellito said. "They'll get mama's favorite meal cooked for them two or three times, then, about a week later, everyone goes back to work, kids go back to school, and they're home alone."

And alone can really mean alone in rural Minnesota. The 1st Brigade Combat team comes from 87 of the state's 89 counties, many of them quite isolated. Normal military policy gives a soldier a full 90 days off to reconnect at home after deployment. But Minnesota isn't taking any chances. Soldiers will be required to check in several times over those three months. Families can't always spot emerging psychological problems, Shellito said.

"Mama can't look him in the eye, wife can't look him in the eye. She'll know something's wrong," Shellito said.
As for conspiracies; I would go so far as to suggest that part of the plot to end america as we know it ( henceforth to be known as aawki ) is to systematically demoralize the troops and rob them of their faith in service.
I am putting that last bit as diplomatically as possible.

Everything going on now is contrived, orchestrated and manipulated. The question is why. Who.

The men and women of the military represent the finest possibilities of all citizens. I am ashamed not to have been one. I hope there comes a day again when patriots stand and fight for our country and its people.

That is not what is going on now.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

Nice ATG, nice.
I loved those cartoons when I was a kid.

http://www.fsu.edu/~ww2/SadSackOldJoe2.JPG
I know excatly what it means.

ATG wrote:

I have long maintained that the members of our military are the cream of the cream. not only are they bright, but 98% of them fight for god, Apple pie and Mom. I get it.
https://i41.tinypic.com/sw7820.png
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
I disavow that definition.

Sad Sack, to me, was the average bumpkin serving over seas.
ATG
Banned

ATG wrote:

edit.

maybe you have to be somewhat mentally clumsy to be in the military under george bush and company post 2004 ?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

ATG wrote:

maybe you have to be somewhat mentally clumsy to be in the military under george bush and company post 2004 ?
Or the opposite. Warman said he wouldn't join the army now Obama is in office.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

ATG wrote:

edit.

You seem to be a bit "mentally clumsy" atm.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard