blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
WELLINGTON , New Zealand, -- A 16-year-old New Zealand girl who is allowed a substantial 6,000 text messages per month says she often goes over her limit and has to bum phones from friends.

Wellington High School student Hannah Brooke said her text plan, which costs $17 monthly, is not enough to satisfy her 260 texts-per-day habit, The Dominion Post reported Tuesday.

"I have three phones and I run out of texts all the time. It's just like all day," she said.

Brooke said her texting, which she pays for out of her own pocket, is mostly just to keep up to date on daily goings-on.

"Just everyday things -- `What are you up to? Where are you? What's up?' Just normal stuff," she said. "If you have nothing to do, you usually text more. I guess I just text for the sake of it."

source
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
That's fucking pathetic, but at least she is paying for it.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

I've had my phone for a year and a half now, and i've had to top up 4 times (£20). Whats the point of texting, when i can use MSN/email friends for free?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

Either she just has a SHITLOAD of friends, or she is just very nosy.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
You guys get screwed on your plans, I have unlimited texting for $20 a month. That's on 5 phones (gotta love family plans)
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland
wtf she musnt do anything all day, she is in school and still has to send 260 txts a day?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

She sends more SMSes a day than I've sent in ONE AND A HALF YEARS.

Jesus fuck.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
WTF! I send about 1 text per week....
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jesus fuck.
Does that say more about her or you?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

SEREVENT wrote:

I've had my phone for a year and a half now, and i've had to top up 4 times (£20). Whats the point of texting, when i can use MSN/email friends for free?
Cause people dont bring there computers with them.
texting rocks and i text a lot but 6000 a month is nothing im sure mad people top that but for some reason someone made a news article about it. I have unlimited texting. She needs to do the same.

Last edited by Mitch (2008-12-19 12:13:47)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6361|fåking denmark

phishman420 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jesus fuck.
lol
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6103
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comment … d=47252320

Don't forget to post this blademaster.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK

phishman420 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jesus fuck.
probably about her, tbh, 1.5 years = 18 months = (loads up calc.exe) = 333 texts a month, which isn't particularly abnormal to send less than that (i certainly don't)

/sad
Ioan92
+337|5692
Texting on a phone = fail

Christ sake, its a fucking PHONE, Its made to talk not write.

Plus typing on a phone is a pain in the ass.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6610|Your moms bedroom

Ioan92 wrote:

my phone has keyboard on it
Ioan92
+337|5692

Locoloki wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Yeah, but that is an exception. Enjoy typing on a phone who has buttons smaller than your fingers. I dont see the point in that.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK

Ioan92 wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Yeah, but that is an exception. Enjoy typing on a phone who has buttons smaller than your fingers. I dont see the point in that.
seems like quite a large proportion of the planet isn't with you on this one seeing as many million/billion texts are sent daily worlwide
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651

Ioan92 wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Well then you're an idiot.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
I don't 'get' the idea of casual social texting either. Even messaging small chitchat to people over Facebook is an un-natural process to me.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ioan92
+337|5692

Whatever... fucking infuenza...

Well then you're an idiot.
no u

I don't 'get' the idea of casual social texting either. Even messaging small chitchat to people over Facebook is an un-natural process to me.
qft

Last edited by Ioan92 (2008-12-19 12:58:22)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

phishman420 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jesus fuck.
Her.

Allowing for a relatively short amount of sleep each day (~6 hours), that's one text every 4 minutes.

What sort of moron does that?

JoshP wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jesus fuck.
probably about her, tbh, 1.5 years = 18 months = (loads up calc.exe) = 333 texts a month, which isn't particularly abnormal to send less than that (i certainly don't)

/sad
Your maths/reading fails.

She sends 260 texts/day. That's ~14.5 a month, when split over 18 months. That's roughly one every other day. Which I would consider fairly normal, on the low side of normal, but normal nonetheless.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-12-19 13:02:19)

mikkel
+383|6571

SgtHeihn wrote:

You guys get screwed on your plans, I have unlimited texting for $20 a month. That's on 5 phones (gotta love family plans)
Unlimited* text messages!

* subject to fair use policies. Only valid for text messages sent to customers within Carrier Y(tm)s network. Charges of $.75 per message after first 500 messages. Separate international rates apply.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
From my observations, texting is for moronic kids to try their best to sound/look popular.

I agree with Ioan.
mikkel
+383|6571

DefCon-17 wrote:

From my observations, texting is for moronic kids to try their best to sound/look popular.

I agree with Ioan.
Do you often make your observations looking down your nose?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

DefCon-17 wrote:

I agree with Ioan.
That's just stupid. Because I text my friend, i am moronic, and i am trying to look cool?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard