JoshP
Banned
+176|5703|Notts, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

So we're not allowed to wonder what kinds of things that could be implemented?

Oh, okay, we'll just fuck off and leave this thread entirely then.
Or how about making reasonable and suggestions other than "make BF2 the way that I like it" without realising that out of the many thousand players, they all want something different and by spamming suggestions you do nothing other than convince DICE to change things that they don't need to, which you'll all continue to bitch about when 1.5 comes out, and tell them to "fix" something else too, without realising that it's merely a matter of personal preference.

Like I said before- if you have an awsm idea for a "fix", lrn2mod and "fix" it yourself - if it's actually a good change and not just another ill-thought out anti-clay/anti-G36E/anti-J10/etc rant, then people would play your mod and DICE would most likely consider changing it in Vanilla

tl;dr whining is pointless and will make the patch team think that people want stuff fixing and then it'll just get broken moar and you'll all still bitch constantly
Kez
+778|5717|London, UK
Well tbh I believe that dropping the amount of grenades from 5 to something lower was pretty reasonable...
JoshP
Banned
+176|5703|Notts, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

Well tbh I believe that dropping the amount of grenades from 5 to something lower was pretty reasonable...
Make a mod and try it, if it's a good idea, everyone will play it and you might get it in 1.5 or 1.51...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6580|England

DerGraueWolf wrote:

- AT rockets should only explode when they hit solid material, they should pass soldiers.
So, infantry aren't solid material, they are all ghosts now? What is the big problem about SRAW rockets anyway? Unlimited nades that kill people in a blast radius, or 1 rocket that needs a direct hit to kill?

DerGraueWolf wrote:

I'm not affected by the jet stuff, but I'm really astonished about the discussion. Everytime I visit a jet map (or even worse a bomber map) against my better knowledge,  I don't see any dogfights but 'ground raping' all day long without bothering enemy aircraft at all.
Bombing is so much easier to do than dogfighting, and yields a shitload more points. You don't get extra points for winning a round, so (most) people tend to neglect winning/losing in BF2.
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5575|FLORIDA
I agree with the last statement. I tend to try to win matches just for the challenge. I think awarding extra points for a win is an amazing idea. It will make the game funner for sure MORE TEAMWORK
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6013|Aberdeen, Scotland

Snake wrote:

So, infantry aren't solid material, they are all ghosts now? What is the big problem about SRAW rockets anyway? Unlimited nades that kill people in a blast radius, or 1 rocket that needs a direct hit to kill?

Bombing is so much easier to do than dogfighting, and yields a shitload more points. You don't get extra points for winning a round, so (most) people tend to neglect winning/losing in BF2.
Agreed, same deal for grenade launcher...if any explosive is spammed too much, it's hand grenades...avoid IO and it's not really an issue, it's just funny that noone bitches about them in-game!

It's funny that alot of the recent 'requests' (lowering nade count, non-spammable med/ammo packs, passable APMs), were actually implemented in 2142, a game that people love to slate...as I mentioned earlier, there were a lot of improvements made in 2142.

As for bombing Snake, I would say wasting the enemy on the ground counts more towards winning than taking on enemy jets; obviously pilots should engage each other when possible, but keeping the enemy off your flags is still a top goal
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6482

Snake wrote:

DerGraueWolf wrote:

I'm not affected by the jet stuff, but I'm really astonished about the discussion. Everytime I visit a jet map (or even worse a bomber map) against my better knowledge,  I don't see any dogfights but 'ground raping' all day long without bothering enemy aircraft at all.
1.2 patch FTW
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5998|Perth, Australia

DankKUSH wrote:

I agree with the last statement. I tend to try to win matches just for the challenge. I think awarding extra points for a win is an amazing idea. It will make the game funner for sure MORE TEAMWORK
Worst idea ever tbh. Team stacking is already a major problem on most of the servers i play on. Introduce this and it will only become worse.

Nothing sucks more then joining a server where one team is constantly raping the other. Usually kills the server as everyone on the losing team leaves, understandably.
jdno_7
+10|6237
BL4CKL10N
+66|6296
Good news! Thx for the update! Pretty much shows they're still taking this whole thing seriously
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6705|Devon, England
Awesome.

Lol at everyone saying "It's cancelled!"
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6580|England

FFLink13 wrote:

Awesome.

Lol at everyone saying "It's cancelled!"
Spot on. Wheres Gatekeeper now eh?

Good to know, at least its coming along But it is annoying how they keep everyone in the dark...its one of their worst downfalls.
BVC
+325|6710

Ioan92 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

This one (1.5) isn't coming.  EA/DICE just don't give a fuck.
Alright everyone claiming there will no patch 1.5; prove it. Otherwise:
The only way to prove it is to wait.  With no release date, the knowledge that it isn't a priority and scant few updates, I'm sure we can be forgiven for believing that a four year old game won't be updated, and I'm sure we'll all be pleasantly surprised if we're proven wrong.

I'll believe it when I see it.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6375|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Confirmed: patch 1.5 beta release date is February 20, 2009
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6687|A sunburnt country
^ source?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6494|Somewhere else

ceslayer23 wrote:

Confirmed: Bullshit.
pinkie_slapepd
+8|5568|♥♥

ceslayer23 wrote:

Source please! don't just say its confirmed without a source!
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6206|14072

DankKUSH wrote:

If its true, that would mean It would be released on 420! I'll be too high to realize I need to update the patch LOL
I thought 420 was April 20, not February 20
CC-Marley
+407|6843

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

DankKUSH wrote:

If its true, that would mean It would be released on 420! I'll be too high to realize I need to update the patch LOL
I thought 420 was April 20, not February 20
lol
CC-Marley
+407|6843
he 's too high now....right behind you.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6206|14072
lol if he smoked pot he would know the date of 420
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5575|FLORIDA
I challenge you to a smoke off. haha I bet I could smoke more than all of you!
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5575|FLORIDA
PS-I'm not just high right now but all the time. I grow high grade mids and I get kush from miami. I'm set bitches.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6206|14072
Ok, whatever man.. back on topic

Where's the source for the confirmed date?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6514|so randum

DankKUSH wrote:

PS-I'm not just high right now but all the time. I grow high grade mids and I get kush from miami. I'm set bitches.
yeah you smoke weed, cool etc. now shut up about it.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard