OxenBreeder
+46|5767|KTRI
We've had about 5 light snows since late October here, east Tennessee, nothing over 1/2" as of yet. Snowed most of the day today actually, got about 1/2".
Commie Killer
+192|6389

OxenBreeder wrote:

We've had about 5 light snows since late October here, east Tennessee, nothing over 1/2" as of yet. Snowed most of the day today actually, got about 1/2".
Do you guys get much?
OxenBreeder
+46|5767|KTRI
Last "big" snow we had was about 6" I'd say about 4 years ago. We got around 18" back in January of '98. '94 we had several snows around 15" or so. Blizzard of '93 we got around 15".

We've not been having as many "bigger" snowfalls in the past decade or so, but yeah, we get some good ones from time to time. Our weatherman a couple of weeks ago said that our record snowfall for 24 time period for November was something like 21 or 24 inches, but that was back in the 50's.

Back in the '70's growing up, we'd be ready to go back to school from the holidays, and we'd miss 1-2 weeks after Christmas because of the snow.
Commie Killer
+192|6389

OxenBreeder wrote:

Last "big" snow we had was about 6" I'd say about 4 years ago. We got around 18" back in January of '98. '94 we had several snows around 15" or so. Blizzard of '93 we got around 15".

We've not been having as many "bigger" snowfalls in the past decade or so, but yeah, we get some good ones from time to time. Our weatherman a couple of weeks ago said that our record snowfall for 24 time period for November was something like 21 or 24 inches, but that was back in the 50's.

Back in the '70's growing up, we'd be ready to go back to school from the holidays, and we'd miss 1-2 weeks after Christmas because of the snow.
More then I thought actually, up here in PA its the same way though, we usually get a few over 6, maybe 1 or 2 over 12, but thats it. Had a 18 incher bout 4 years ago, buncha others like that in the 90's and a few in '00-'03. Not any more though. Your right, even in my 17 years Ive noticed a drop off in the snowfall.
OxenBreeder
+46|5767|KTRI

Commie Killer wrote:

OxenBreeder wrote:

More then I thought actually, up here in PA its the same way though, we usually get a few over 6, maybe 1 or 2 over 12, but thats it. Had a 18 incher bout 4 years ago, buncha others like that in the 90's and a few in '00-'03. Not any more though. Your right, even in my 17 years Ive noticed a drop off in the snowfall.
I remember my senior year in high school '85, January 21st to be exact, we got down to -21F, and had about 12-15" of snow. Needless to say, we didn't go back to school for about 2 weeks.

I know this is the most (#'s) snow we've had this early, in a long time, and it's not even officially winter yet. So, I guess we might see a more "normal" winter this year.

Hell, if it's gonna be cold, it might as well snow. Sad part is, the older you get, the worse you hate the cold.

Last edited by OxenBreeder (2008-12-06 23:46:22)

Commie Killer
+192|6389

OxenBreeder wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

OxenBreeder wrote:

I remember my senior year in high school '85, January 21st to be exact, we got down to -21F, and had about 12-15" of snow. Needless to say, we didn't go back to school for about 2 weeks.

I know this is the most snow we've had this early, and it's not even officially winter yet. I guess we might see a more "normal" winter this year.

Hell, if it's gonna be cold, it might as well snow. Sad part is, the older you get, the worse you hate the cold.
Without the snow theres no point to the cold in my opinion. Back in 96 though we got down to -15 and it snowed for 36 hours straight, had round 30 inches, but of course we went back to school in 3 days(well technically I didnt, I wasnt even in kindergarten yet), but schools opened. The bastards.
OxenBreeder
+46|5767|KTRI

Commie Killer wrote:

OxenBreeder wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I know this is the most snow we've had this early, and it's not even officially winter yet. I guess we might see a more "normal" winter this year.

Without the snow theres no point to the cold in my opinion. Back in 96 though we got down to -15 and it snowed for 36 hours straight, had round 30 inches, but of course we went back to school in 3 days(well technically I didnt, I wasnt even in kindergarten yet), but schools opened. The bastards.
Down here anymore, if it snows more than 1/2" they'll call off school.

If it could snow at say 70 degrees, then I'd be all for it

Last edited by OxenBreeder (2008-12-06 23:42:22)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

its summer, noobs
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast
the temp here is around 0 nearly everyday all day

no snow though
we have shit loads of frost and ice though

black ice is lethal
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Nappy wrote:

its summer, noobs
Lol you twat Australia got snow last month...

Lelz in summer.

OI NORFENERS STOP LIVING IN THE PAST WINTAR IS OVER!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6354|Troy, New York

Naturn wrote:

Bah and there is ice under the snow!  Bah now i've got to leave for work early just to get there on time.  >

I wish I could take some pictures.  What about you guys?  Who has gotten snow this early already?
First good snow is coming down right now.
WOOT
greensprite
awsm
+13|6168|Germany

Gooners wrote:

I had snow, melted now.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK
We've only had snow three times this year.

Twice when i was coming back from town when it was cold anyway, and once last week when i was walking to school in the rain.

I had no coat on, and the rain had stopped, but the snow came out of no where
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

Flecco wrote:

Nappy wrote:

its summer, noobs

Lelz in summer.

No, OI SUVVENORS THE SUMMER IS OVER STOP LIVING IN THE PAST
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
The Southern Hemisphere is a fucking joke, that's what
Surgeons

Mekstizzle wrote:

The Southern Hemisphere is a fucking joke, that's what
/fred
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

The Sheriff wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Nappy wrote:

its summer, noobs

Lelz in summer.

lol, Says the guy who thinks it's only the 7th of December...
Surgeons

DrunkFace wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Lelz in summer.

In my timezone it is.

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6532|Boston, MA
Snowed here in Boston for the first time all year. I used to like snow before I started driving. Not because of my huge RWD car, but because nobody else seems to know how to drive around in bad weather. It's like just because the roads wet, you should only be going 15-20mph at all times. I was blowing by people driving the friggin speed limit. I'm mainly just pissed when you can't get around them.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
We don't get any snow where I live cos of the Gulf Stream, bloody Insurgents innit.  However, I woke up with 8" this morning.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

The Sheriff wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

In my timezone it is.

Stop living in the past.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ioan92
+337|5724
no snow for romanians in the capital..
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6132|Carnoustie MASSIF

RDMC wrote:

[COLOR=orang]e I gotss snowa lready it was awsm, excpet for the fact that it didnt last forr too long. [/ocolr]
Ha. Code fail.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5982|Toronto
Yeah, Ottawa got about a foot yesterday.
Pics:
https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/TSIPRQO/120908141246.jpg
https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/TSIPRQO/120908141246.jpg
https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/TSIPRQO/121008062631-1.jpg

And me leaving school to go drive at lunch:
https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/TSIPRQO/121008120044.jpg

Last edited by TSI (2008-12-10 17:50:54)

I like pie.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
I love snow.. Me and and a few friends drove up to one of the local ski resorts (about half an hour drive) to play in the snow.. Despite all the snow, the mountain isn't open yet.

We are suspose to get a cold snap starting Friday, so hopefully my area will see some snow

Few pics from the eventful trip.. We're so mature.

https://photos-d.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1193/174/83/542050750/n542050750_2153915_9508.jpg

Me doing a Head stand in the snow

https://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1193/174/83/542050750/n542050750_2153918_366.jpg

Again.. very mature

https://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1193/174/83/542050750/n542050750_2153924_2075.jpg

Snowman..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard