Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Battlefield 2 100000/10 BESTEST GAME EVER

lol

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-18 19:42:57)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
World of Tanks 5/10, failmaking destroys this game. The system fucking sucks.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, aka SWTFU2.

I'd say 5/10.

• Quick Time Events -- fuck that shit. Too tiny to see, to randomly triggered, just terrible.
  • Have vsync on? Fuck you, prerendered scenes eat shit. Have vsync off? Fuck you, prerenders work, but eat horizontal tear for the entire game.
  • WAY shorter than expected. Like, 4-5 hours short. From a universe as expansive as SW, I expected a longer, more epic story (To be fair, I didn't play the first one, but still.)
  • Along the same lines as the last item, I was extremely disappointed in the lack of levels -- there are literally only three levels you actually play in.
  • Lots of little persistent bugs like feet clipping through floors, etc. Just little artifacts that show poor workmanship.
  • The controls for "force lifting and moving and throwing things around" was really, really weird and hard to get used to. To be honest, I don't think I ever did really get the hang of it.
  • The end fight with Vader was really drawn out too long

All that said, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever played, but here's the major problem I had -- it didn't work from Steam. After buying it from Steam, the steam copy just starts, goes black, and "Unexpectedly Quits". I had to get the game through another channel to even get it working. Quite the let down.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
Ha, I was considering that getting that game, never mind. Good timing lol.

Assassin's Creed Bro Hood      9 / 10

This game is amazing. Down to that last little detail. This series has just gotten better since the first and this is certainly no exception. One of the things I was most impressed with is the smoothness of the free running / climbing etc. Not to mention all the cool gadgets. Let's face it there aren't many cooler thing in the world then jumpin' off of a tall building and mercin' two guards in the face with blades hidden up your sleeve. Also the missions were well done. There are so many little things to do in this game that were you to do them all you might be playing this game for weeks on end. The game gets a little weird at the end, but all things considered, fantastic game. Highly recommended.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Roc18
`

Blade4509 wrote:

Ha, I was considering that getting that game, never mind. Good timing lol.

Assassin's Creed Bro Hood      9 / 10

This game is amazing. Down to that last little detail. This series has just gotten better since the first and this is certainly no exception. One of the things I was most impressed with is the smoothness of the free running / climbing etc. Not to mention all the cool gadgets. Let's face it there aren't many cooler thing in the world then jumpin' off of a tall building and mercin' two guards in the face with blades hidden up your sleeve. Also the missions were well done. There are so many little things to do in this game that were you to do them all you might be playing this game for weeks on end. The game gets a little weird at the end, but all things considered, fantastic game. Highly recommended.
I'm actually about to start playing the entire series right now.
Roc18
`
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn 8.5/10 . Classic RPG played it all this past summer

CC-Marley
+407|6798
Arma2:Project Reality Beta. Still needs a lot of work but has promise.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

Roc18 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwT8qhVFLQ
I bought that on impulse just because I loved the first two so much. When I started playing it I really didnt like how it started but it grew on me later on with all the references to the old games. It bugged me that there were parts in the game that you couldnt go back to and get missed djinn but all in all it was a decent addition the the series. The original story is so much better than Dark dawn though
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Roc18
`

Mutantbear wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwT8qhVFLQ
I bought that on impulse just because I loved the first two so much. When I started playing it I really didnt like how it started but it grew on me later on with all the references to the old games. It bugged me that there were parts in the game that you couldnt go back to and get missed djinn but all in all it was a decent addition the the series. The original story is so much better than Dark dawn though
I agree, the only thing that didn't make Dark Dawn perfect to me was how easy all the boss fights were. They weren't challenging at all.

The only challenging boss fight was Dullahan which took me literally weeks of giving up and trying again until I figured out how to beat him. But he's always the toughest boss in the Golden Sun Series.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

When the hurricane took out our power I played through the gba series again and got to dullahan before giving up. I dont have the patience for him
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Dead Island was quite nice.

7.5/10
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
AC1 was pretty repetitive. 2 onwards is where it's at.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North

Made my way to Rivendell, and here's a summary of what to expect from gameplay up until that point, and gameplay hence:

1) Fun-nish single player combat in a game really meant for coop play.
2) Shoehorned multi-character RPG element that only allows you to look at the equipment/stats of the character you have selected, and only change characters between missions.
3) Multiple character dialogs that are inaccessible through the first playthrough, since you can't switch characters in town and I'm assuming you won't get another chance to "debrief" fellowship characters in Rivendell, since, well, they'll be off doing their own thing.
4) Why can't we switch characters on the fly like just about any other multi-char RPG? Why can't single player be more playable? Why do I have to go back into each area three times (one with each character) if I want to be sure to find all the secret squirrel holes using their methods?
5) Bad AI. Just...bad.

and finally...

6) Nerd wank fest for LotR nerds like me.

That said, 10/10.

:facepalm:

Eeeeee! It's Gandalf!
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

I love LotR and can put up with bad qualities in games if I like the setting/artstyle whatever but I just could not stand War in the North. It was so bland and dull to play, like the same hit/block/dodge that has been in every action rpg ever made since 20 years ago. I also dont like action rpgs a lot so that could have been a factor.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I don't mind that it's an action RPG. I just mind that the RPG part was done poorly. You should be able to swap between and manage any character you want on the fly so you can use all of their unique scanning skills without reentering the same areas multiple times, and so you can initiate dialog with a character you feel is best to start a conversation with a particular NPC.

The nonsense about only switching between maps, and only between SOME maps was an awful idea. What if there's an area better suited to the player controlling a character they didn't pick at the start? And what about coop mode? What if someone got tired of playing the elf, but the ranger was willing to swap positions? Why bar players from doing that?

As I said, poorly executed.

/broken record
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Q.U.B.E. demo

6/10 - I don't really know if it gets better or not. From what I've seen, the mechanics are a bit limited and the puzzles shown introductory and simplistic. The map design is bland, but purposefully so. Unfortunately, it doesn't have (or didn't show) a gimmick like Portal's mostly intangible antagonist GLaDOS to keep things interesting beyond the puzzle element. For the $13, you'd be better off going with Portal if you're one of those people who haven't played it yet. If you like jumping puzzles and aren't happy with trying out awful Minecraft puzzle maps, give it a shot.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
AC: Revelations - 7.5/10

The gameplay is as fun as it ever was, but the next AC is going to have to mix it up big time. The whole "Desmond memories turned into puzzles" was a noble idea but wasn't implemented to be very fun, nor did it make much sense or reveal too many big things about Desmond's life. Constantinople is beautiful as one would expect, but besides ziplines and bombs there's really just about nothing new in terms of gameplay. Your prototypical tail, fetch and kill missions without much spin on them besides a few fantastic cinematic ones (like breaking the big chain in the harbor) and the Altair memories. That, and the story about taking down the Byzantines/Templars really doesn't fall into any specific place and is extremely difficult to follow as compared to the Borgias storyline from ACII and Brotherhood.

Not that impressed, but I still love the series.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
Portal 2 - 9/10

The single player game is fantastic, and it runs really well on my older HD 4850 (pretty much maxed). I thoroughly enjoyed playing through it front to end. I have yet to play the co-op, but I'm expecting big things. Going through the lower levels was like a tour through the history of Aperture science. In my opinion, this was a really clever way to give you the history of the company, and how it related to Glados.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
Sonic Generations (PS3) 8.5/10

Great game overall. I loved the added 3D mode and the classic mode still kept the original sonic feel. I didn't give it a 9 or 10, because I'm not a fan of some of the level designs (a bit too irregular and broken in some places).  Brilliant colors, and the 3D mode is very well done. The game is quite challenging, almost enough to make you put down the controller harshly because you are a bit too aggravated to play. Well done SEGA!
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Glad you liked it. I was going to round up my 360 controller and give it a shot this weekend.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
RAGE 6/10

I played it on the Xbox without installing it on my drive (Running an ancient 20GB system and there is no space for even one disc). It recommended that I installed to the hard drive but the cost of a bigger one is too prohibitive, and the game should work regardless so I'm not going to let it off for that.

The entire game was a blur from beginning to end. If i stopped and stared at a landscape or room for long enough, the game looked quite beautiful, but since games are based around movement, and all the textures took a good 5 seconds to load (sometimes more, sometimes less) whenever i entered a new room or even turned around, the entire game was a complete blur. What a failure that technology is. Or maybe one day when all systems have everything installed on SSD's it'll be viable. But just now it's rubbish. I appreciated the 60fps though. Not enough console games run at 60fps.

It lasted about 11 hours according to my save. It ended so abruptly though. No build up, nothing. Just: "Right we have a plan to end the game and defeat the baddies that you've barely met. Go" and ten minutes later I was looking at the credits.

It was ok. I got it for £12 and i think it was worth that. Not likely to play it again though. Average shooting, average racing, cool/terrible game engine, some really cool (if blurry) locations and settings. It was ok.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2012-03-21 13:15:15)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Realm of the Mad God 7/10

I think most people here would have an idea of what this is. A F2P "mmo" with a die-once-and-your-character's-gone gameplay model, thankfully with no PVP. A ridiculous money vacuum that expects you to dish out real bucks for in-game money, which you can't gain otherwise, to do things like buy different colors of clothes, extra storage space and more than one character slot.

That aside, the game was such a fun time sink that I went ahead and threw them a few bucks for another character slot and some chests. I feel like I'm playing a combination of the original Legend of Zelda and the arcade 1941 on insane mode. Even if you spend a bunch of time slowly accumulating permanent stat boost potions for your guy, you're still vulnerable if your attention drifts AT ALL.

ALL ABOARD THE MURDER TRAIN!

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558685134091738023/6D6F14FB099D09DDEBCC74D45FAF2A5C3DA51C0E/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dead Island - 5/10

(In short, my beef with this game is that it is broken, and they decided to make it challenging not by making it challenging, but by making it frustrating).

Enjoy your time skating on the thin ice over this lake of shit, because sooner or later, you'll fall in. Quest-vanishing, dialog-glitching, inventory-sapping and game-stopping bugs are outstanding and have not been addressed in all the time this game has been out. Want to avoid as many difficulties as possible? Don't play online, no matter what the game encourages you to do. If you've played it, you probably know, but if you haven't...think Bethesda on a bad day.

Issues:

1) If you switch weapons while you heal, your input may be frozen until you mash your keyboard or load from the last checkpoint.
2) Any thrown weapon of yours that isn't in your inventory is permanently lost when you respawn, but the enemies will reappear.
3) Thrown weapons that miss a target that should've been hit (during flailing around animation and such) tend to disappear rather than hit the ground or wall.
4) When you die, you lose an amount of cash proportional to what you have earned. Cash flow does not rise at the same rate, leaving you in later levels to be scraping by, unless you specifically farm money. As you rise in level, the dead become more powerful. After a certain point, you do not.
5) Cars are nigh invincible.
6) Explosives can be activated in coop during dialog sequences, which can destroy entire chains of quests for anyone doing them the first time.
7) People who complain over the radio that they need supplies have nothing to say to you when you get there.
8) The lifeguard called for help for a ten year old girl with a fever. I arrived with medicine, and he had nothing to say about it. The kid wasn't there. Looking it up, I found that it's poor NPC coding, and that she was supposed to be there, only in the form of an old woman. She wasn't there.
9) Having determined that I no longer give a shit about these glitchfests and endless "runnings-around from point a to point b to point c and by the way, you have to go back to point b once you turn that quest in (on foot)", that call themselves quests, I decide to move on primarily with the mains.

I AM REWARDED WITH POINTLESS HOURS SPENT IN THE SEWERS.

I did not see this in the promo.

10) The dim lighting of the sewers more fully highlights the need for better item pickup functionality. Who wants to search for pixels amongst polygons just to get their electric machete back?
11) Quest-giver asks me for a trivial favor, so I accept. As I'm leaving the stronghold I cleared for his group, he calls out behind me, "LET'S NOT BE FOREVER ABOUT IT, SHALL WE?" It was then I wish the game had Skyrim's NPC-murder functionality.
12) The writing reaches a terribly frustrating cliche'd point before you even get out of the city.
13) MONSTER CLOSETS INSTANTLY KILL YOU.

Issues aside...

If you still want to play, do yourself a favor and pick the rapper or the gun gal. Blade gal's equipment wears out way too early (and expensively), and throwy guy's weapons magically disappear beneath piles of corpses, under the terrain or into the ether. If you want to play coop and don't care about the dialog and quests (which you won't even if you pay attention to them for awhile), great. Pick the game up for five bucks.

The only reason I haven't wiped the thing from my drive yet is because it is genuinely fun to torture zombies with a friend.

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560937156321296107/4B8305E8E4D786E97E34B82B2D09CA9ADBBBF57B/
https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560937156319669414/A24B5B85008CC4AD617536B16310E2A7B04C0616/
AnnabelleEthel
Banned
+1|4391
World of Warcraft, but wow is old an played out already
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Forza Motorsport 4

Absolutely fantastic!

10/10

Having played Grid, and plenty of other older Rally games, I can't say how much this game is an improvement in realism and graphics. I will play this game for years to come.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard