Flyjetandkill
Planewhore
+74|6382|The Sky!!!!
A few months ago we announced Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 was in development, but so far we have been quiet regarding the content of the update. It is time for us to reveal some of the features the update will contain! The priority for us in this update has been to secure Battlefield 2 against a number of attacks against the game.

We have spent time looking into the attacks and implemented short term solutions with the help of GameSpy to limit the impact of stats padding and leaderboard abuse. Other issues have been found to be game and server based, which is where Update 1.50 comes in. what Battlefield 2 1.50 will contain a number of security updates, including the following:

Server crashing – We have worked with the issues causing servers to crash, which has caused problems for the community (especially those who rent ranked servers).
Name/ID spoofing – Extra steps have been implemented to ensure the soldier being used belongs to the right account.
Commander assets – This is to stop the excessive spawning of multiple crates, UAVs or vehicles.

More information on Update 1.50 will be revealed as we approach the release date!
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … tures.html

Last edited by Flyjetandkill (2008-12-01 10:12:38)

mtamosaitis
+3|5984|Colorado Springs
Cool thanks for the heads up.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

Good news! I assume the part about the assets is regarding the vehicle drop spamming.

From the sounds of it, they aren't going to be fixing gameplay issues / bugs / glitches, unless that's still up in the air.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

This sounds good so far. No radical changes to gameplay, just more stability.

Only need better rego now and I'll play this game for the next 5 years.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-12-01 10:33:23)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TheGiantSE
+14|6470|Sweden
Sounds good if they are able to do something about the stability and cheater problems.

All we need more is a few new maps that will work as IO maps and to do something about the "Stewie Wonder gun" (G36E)...
DUnlimited
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

TheGiantSE wrote:

do something about the "Stewie Wonder gun" (G36E)...
No. Leave the weapons as they are. Stock weapons are superior to most unlocks anyways.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
Stewie Wonder?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

DeathUnlimited wrote:

TheGiantSE wrote:

do something about the "Stewie Wonder gun" (G36E)...
No. Leave the weapons as they are. Stock weapons are superior to most unlocks anyways.
No.

Nerf the G36E

VERY SLIGHTLY

And then I will be happy.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
Why do people bitch about the G36E when the AK is far superior?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
wow.
i might have to actually reinstall this now.
im sure its already been discussed, but is there an ETA for this patch?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

Parker wrote:

wow.
Beta supposed to be out in 3-4 weeks. Actual patch will probably come out in January or February. Nobody really knows for sure.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Parker wrote:

wow.
No official. Wild guesses are xmas-january.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
thank you gentlemen, a plus one to the both of you....

now for a reinstall, and to get back into the game.
i havent played since i got my new mouse and keyboard, so this could be scary for a minute
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
G36E is the easiest piece of shit to use in the game. No, the J10 is. G36E comes in second. No actually, it comes in first. Because it's also part of the Medic class, which is the easiest piece of shit class to use in the game, which is why most of you have Medic as your most played class.

Not that I'm gonna get all angry like I used to like 2 years ago cos I don't even play BF2 anymore (can't ). But still.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
I'll be there for you, sweetie.

Download AIX while you're at it. mod.
SquadBuster
+9|5757|uk
yeah my great grandchildren will enjoy 1.5
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Mekstizzle wrote:

G36E is the easiest piece of shit to use in the game. No, the J10 is. G36E comes in second. No actually, it comes in first. Because it's also part of the Medic class, which is the easiest piece of shit class to use in the game, which is why most of you have Medic as your most played class.

Not that I'm gonna get all angry like I used to like 2 years ago cos I don't even play BF2 anymore (can't ). But still.
< Engineer

But medic comes second .

You just CAN'T get top 3 as ANYTHING but medic on IO servers...
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

DeathUnlimited wrote:

No official. Wild guesses are xmas-january.
Would be sweet if they release right on Christmas Day, cause to be honest, who here wants to spend time with their family all day/week during break? Ya, probably not gonna happen though.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

Sydney wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

< Engineer

But medic comes second .

I've gotten plenty of golds with MP5 ownage. Not too hard unless you're playing against really good players.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

phishman420 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

< Engineer

But medic comes second .

I've gotten plenty of golds with MP5 ownage. Not too hard unless you're playing against really good players.
European servers tbh, everyone else than G36E abusers seem to have lost interest here...
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Sydney wrote:

< Engineer

But medic comes second .

No way, I find A/T is the easiest to use on I/O servers. I love being able to fire an AT rocket killin two dudes then switching immediately to my DAO-12 and blasting two others

Also, AT rocket is great for sniping and mid-ranging noobs who prone. They become SUCH an easy target for my AT when they are lying on the ground, AND i can also bunny hop and jump like an idiot as im guiding my rocket towards their angry faces lol
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Sydney wrote:

< Engineer

But medic comes second .

No way, I find A/T is the easiest to use on I/O servers. I love being able to fire an AT rocket killin two dudes then switching immediately to my DAO-12 and blasting two others

Also, AT rocket is great for sniping and mid-ranging noobs who prone. They become SUCH an easy target for my AT when they are lying on the ground, AND i can also bunny hop and jump like an idiot as im guiding my rocket towards their angry faces lol
G36E raped in the face before the rocket reaches half the distance to the G36E whore tbh.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6131|Scotland!

phishman420 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

< Engineer

But medic comes second .

there's no really good players on IO pub servers because of people like you running around with anti tank kit making it pointless to play.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

I'm Jamesey wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

< Engineer

But medic comes second .

there's no really good players on IO pub servers because of people like you running around with anti tank kit making it pointless to play.
Players being good is dependent on what kit they choose? lol

lighten up man. so what if someone chooses to pick a different kit to play with. i'm sure if you are any good then you can handle yourself and wont need them. other then that its just a game.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
I'm actually surprised that EA is still doing something about this game.. It's way overdue nonetheless, but I guess its good they didn't just forget about us like they do in so many other games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard