twiistaaa
+87|6680|mexico
I think it is easily in the top 10 best games ever. at least on PC. im just a casual gamer, but ive never enjoyed a game like this one. i actually look forward to playing it when i get home. most games i play i just play to kill time. this game gives you more to do and work for, the only games i see that are better is probably (at least historically) half-life, duke nukem 3d and red alert. anyone got games they think are better, because thats about all i can think of off the top of my head.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6730|Melbourne, Australia
half life 1 is ze best game made... nothing can beat it (singleplayer that is) such a great game almost makes me cry
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6803
Top 10 of the moment, for sure.  Top 10 of all time, I don't think so.

I'd add TOCA 2, Civ 4 (possibly Civ 3 PTW as well), GTA III/San Andreas, the original Command & Conquer and possibly one of the MMORPGs (though I've never gotten into them).
elite
+89|6725|Sheffield, England
BF2 IS BEST EVER! having to work for medals makes me enjoy the game a whole lot more
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6720|Charlie One Alpha
Yeah Half-Life 1 is the undefeated champion of all time.
For RTS games I'd say the original Command & Conquer is the most impressive.
Presentation and storyline would definately be the Metal Gear Solid series,
and pure immersiveness and scariness F.E.A.R. is number one, with the Silent Hill series as a close second.
RPG would be some Final Fantasy games, Morrowind and Diablo, not sure which of those is the best.
But in terms of Massive Online Shooters, BF2 is definately #1. Only tribes 2 comes even remotely close.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Jepeto87
+38|6696|Dublin
Fallout 2 is the best game of all time, i hav'nt played played anything better and it was released in the late 90's I think!

But BF2 is a fantastic game, I just dont think its one of the greatest games of all time
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6720|Charlie One Alpha

Jepeto87 wrote:

Fallout 2 is the best game of all time, i hav'nt played played anything better and it was released in the late 90's I think!

But BF2 is a fantastic game, I just dont think its one of the greatest games of all time
Dammit I forgot that one!!

Ok for RPG's Fallout 1&2 are DEFINATELY somewhere in the top 3.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
lt-grumpy
+3|6696|Smoke me a kipper...
Some great games there. Would like to add.
1. RPG = Baldurs Gate.
2. FPS = Wolfenstein and Doom.
Others = Neverwinter Nights, KotOR, F.E.A.R and Dungeon Siege.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Jepeto87 wrote:

Dammit I forgot that one!!

Ok for RPG's Fallout 1&2 are DEFINATELY somewhere in the top 3.
Yeah, I agree... + Diablo 1,2 . But I would like to say: How about old DOS games? sure graphics kinda sux, but scenario.... Ahh good times

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-01-25 11:40:46)

BerryBlastKoolAid
+0|6687
When it comes to classic games, Doom and Wolf3d reign supreme for me. I also like to add the original SimCity.
randomfire1977
+1|6744|Florida
I would say BF2 is a great game it is in my top ten,  It is not just pure mindless shooting, but purpose and goals are given, teamwork is encouraged, too many games have i played where one person just was a solo killer and never listened to anyone else.  Too often those games were lost (such as in Counter Strike)
i like the recording system. 
Instead of having to save a screen to show my ability you just look at my profiles. 
In Counterstrike and other games it is just that particular battle.  whereas in the end of Battlefield 2 it is more about a constant war feeling because you have a track record for various maps, medals, etc.

various classes are nice and you do not have to beat stuff up with your wrench to repair it.  medics and supply are good too,  you do not just find a gun randomly lying around (you find kits)  no accumulation of all the weapons and such (people on half-life maps know that if you control the weapons you can control the map (though they would be called this whore or that whore)  with flag capturing in BF2 it also discourages camping (though there still are those who do)  you take all the flags,  no one can respawn when they die, that simple. 

So I would have to praise BF2 for being in my top ten favorites.

I have many favorite games

I was into Heroes of Might and Magic 1, 2, 3 (4 sucked) 5 might be good

Diablo 1, 2 were great

Command and Conquer: red alert, red alert 2, Yuri's revenge, generals were good as well

I am a Half-life fan, great storyline, involvement, music, etc.  Half-life 2 awesome as well though I felt it was a bit short.

Final fantasy series has been great.

Many other games out there

Each one has their own favorites based on skills, experience, cost, and peers that play the games.  In the end it is opinion and my opinion may or may not count here but I still will share it.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6707|NJ
All I have to say is Dig Dug.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6787|Kansas, USA
My top 10 in no particular Order:

1. Half-Life
2. half-Life 2
3. Doom & Doom II
4. Medal of Honor
5. GTA Vice City
6. Far Cry
7. Age of Mythology
8. Raven Shield (Multiplayer)
9. Call of Duty
10. Battlefield 2

OK, I lied I need to add a few more

11. Counter Strike
12. Quake 1 & 2
13. Unreal Tournamnet
14. Unreal Tournament 2004

You'll notice I grouped some iterations of games together and others I did not. If I considered the sequal to be just an advancement tot he original I group them together, but if they were much different I separated them.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6752|Vermont
Are we doing just PC or console games as well?  Because if it's all games GTA III is probably my best ever, but if it's just PC then I don't think it should be included on the list.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6684|Colorado
For a shooter I'd say so...
Cathalibm
+0|6674
I would say that it probably the best war shooter I've come across. I've come over from playing C&C, Call of Duty1+2,Vietcom. I only been playing it 1 day and cant wait to get home after work to play again. Looks like no sleep for me for a while again!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6708|Germany
Tetris on Gameboy - best game ever!!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6760|Mark it zero.
i like pac man. also pong is fun. just about any game on atari can get addicting. the graphics are shit, but its still fun!
Rellim83
+7|6693|PA
All you people dont think old school. Fantays Star 1,2,3 are the best rpg's of all time.  they have a great story and were revolutionary for their time.  I would also put fallout somewhere up their.....why are they not making anymore....guess its a post for different forum....oh i miss fallout.....
ImaMedic
+1|6778|Where ever there's wounded

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Tetris on Gameboy - best game ever!!
HELL YEAH!!!!!
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
Yeah, BF2 is in the top 10 definitly, but my number one game has to be Deus Ex, loved that game and still do!
timboon
+2|6727
no i would have to say that diablo 1 and C&C are definetly in the top 3 for me battlefield would be 2nd i dont no what would be first but the diablo one was one of the best games ever i played that game and enjoyed it even when its graphics were so superceded it has to be a winnner or close toit
CC-Marley
+407|6840
Anybody remember Zork. My uncle used to build his own computers when I was young. Age 5 or so(1978 or so). We played Zork all the time. Anybody?

Last edited by CC-Marley (2006-01-30 02:04:46)

.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6707|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
omg pacman ftw
smk_valvanite
+12|6687|New Zealand, CHCH

I.M.I Militant wrote:

half life 1 is ze best game made... nothing can beat it (singleplayer that is) such a great game almost makes me cry
FINALLY!! somone with some common sense,  fully agree, not only is it the best and may fav sp game ever, but the dm mod is great, so fast and simple, cuts out the bullshit and its just down to plain killing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard