Poll

Do you consider your purchase good bang for buck?

yes a 100%58%58% - 29
yeah but wasnt what i hoped for20%20% - 10
mwah10%10% - 5
not really8%8% - 4
Hell no!!!!4%4% - 2
Total: 50
Charmin
+1|6709
I love Bf2 i really do, but considering the time I spend playing the original Im not really sure whether I should buy the two expansions. What ya'll think about it anyways?
oberst_enzian
+234|6759|melb.au
yeah, i think SF is great. I've been playing it more than vanilla lately, and have almost racked up as many hours in it. In fact, Warlord has become my 'most played' map overall... the only things I am disappointed with are that I can't use RPG's in every army's AT kit (LOVE the RPG!), there should have been more new weapons, flashbangs suck in all games, and some of the maps don't seem to have been tested as thoroughly as they should have (there are some spastic glitchy things going on - not cheaty glitchy as far as I can tell, just pointless-falling-death type glitchy)...

anyway, i reckon that sf is certainly worth the purchase, especially if you like infantry battles overall, and are sick to death of being TK'd by/for jets
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6763|The United Center
i like SF.  when it first came out i barely played it at all...just got my unlocks and went back to BF2.  now that i've been playing it more, i've gotten to know the maps better, and it's a lot of fun.

ghost town, warlord, surge, mass destruction, and leviathan are all really good maps.  i've only played about 40 hours on it, compared to my 300 hours for BF2...but lately, SF is all i've been playing.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6722|Antarctica
SF owns
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.
i wish there were a lot more night maps. i love them, i just wish that more people did.
davblos
+4|6756|Melb, Australia
I'm not into the night maps at all.  On the other hand I think Surge is the best map out of vanilla and sf.
Why have such awesome Graphics only to see them in monochrome?
Maj.Do
+85|6768|good old CA
night maps uhh.  i had a shitty gfx back then so it was lag 3000, now with a new card i can play sf right
chitlin
Banned
+36|6779
sf is teh roxor
slidero
Yeah it's fun but buggy as hell and runs really poorly.
jhoo8116
+0|6742|Seattle
After hours of (more strategic play in) SF, you'd appreciate the straightforwardness of Karkand.

Switching between SF and Vanilla brings upon a better appreciation of each!
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6794|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
I have it, and played for a bit (while everyone was still adapting to the new play style). I was going for my expert knife/pistol/explosives badges at the time which probably skewed my view of it. It was well done, but I don't feel that I've played through all of the Vanilla maps to the extent that I want to before moving on (I'm not going to hop back and forth).

Best part, the extra unlocks in vanilla.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6761|Houston, TX
Lovin it.  SF rocks.  Nothing like vehicular manslughter in an ATV.

"Was that a speedbump........   wearing a turban/camo?"

KJ
FromTheAshes
+53|6721
Lol, you paid $30 for a few new maps and weapons?

AHAHAHAHA.

You can get it for free by dling it off any piracyfile sharing program
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6689|Colorado
I haven't played it enuff yet to base a solid opinion, but for the most part I'm disappointed.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

i would pay 20 bucks just for Warlord and Ghost Town
AuSFinN
+1|6705
I like SF, although since my grahpics card is AGP.. and Radeon, i can't  play it without constant graphics lag. It's not major, but enough to drive you mad.

nVidia GeForce 256Mb 7800GTX PCI-E here i come baby!

Last edited by AuSFinN (2006-01-29 01:08:32)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6802|Perth, Western Australia
You know, for some reason I didnt like it as much as normal bf2. Maybe its just that I like that big, running epic battle feeling of bf2, and also maybe it didnt help that sf didnt have my favourite side from bf2, China...
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6701|Seattle
I spend $30 to get the g36e.  Was it worth it?  Hell Yes!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard