.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

thtthht wrote:

do any contact sports, meditate, and ignore the pain.
Alos, play a lot of bloody knuckles.
In K1 after 10 kicks in your leg ignoring pain is something impossible
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
specops10-4
+108|6744|In the hills
Play some sports, do some stupid shit outside, pretty much anything that is physically active and makes you somewhat uncomfortable at least.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

If you die from inflicting a serious injury the pain stops shortly after.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

That sounded almost emo Reap.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Cheez wrote:

That sounded almost emo Reap.
You'd think with all the experience Emo's could cut their hair.

thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6331|teh alien spaceshit

.Sup wrote:

thtthht wrote:

In K1 after 10 kicks in your leg ignoring pain is something impossible
Ignore the damn pain!!!!
LOL, but seriously... just imagine that you are God and what your getting is only flesh wound.
It's all right.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6133
Why would you need to lower your pain tolerance?
Yeah it'd be nice to do, but how is it practical?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
step 1: have a brother
step 2: get a girlfriend who punches you in the stomach when you say obnoxious things
step 3: say a lot of obnoxious things
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK

jord wrote:

kylef wrote:

jord wrote:

It's all in the mind. If you want to stand more pain you will do.
This for the 18th time in the thread. There was a fat guy at school that used to run into a fence at dinner to improve his pain tolerance. It didn't work... Though he may have lost a few pounds doing the running...
Lol you went to a retard school?
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5849|one windy city

Roc18 wrote:

Yes, hurt yourself.
repeatedly 
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ
Serious post:

Once you get used to a lot of pain, the smaller pain feels like nothing

Me and my friends have friendly fights (no face shots & no cock shots, no weapons, no belts, no shirts) every week or so

So basically im used to getting hit in the stomach and chest and legs, so the other day when I trapped a high punt (in soccer, or football) with my chest, I didn't feel it, and when I jumped into a 10 yard free kick, I just felt the tingle... not really any pain

People were all like, "holy shit man why'd you take that shot??" but because I'm used to being repeatedly hit by different people for many rounds I didnt really think of it as a bit deal :\

Also:
(Insert Happy Gilmore scene in the batting cage, I cant find it :\  )
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

GodFather wrote:

Me and my friends have friendly fights (no face shots & no cock shots, no weapons, no belts, no shirts) every week or so
What have I told you about rule #1?

That's it, your out of the club!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

TheAussieReaper wrote:

GodFather wrote:

What have I told you about rule #1?

That's it, your out of the club!
No talk bout fight club amirite?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5765|Belgium
Serious answer now. Yes, it is possible.

The key is to trick your mind (it will happen automatically), the pain will still be there, but you're making your mind ignore it.
I can honestly say I feel a lot less pain than others doing certain things, because of my 7-year martial art 'career'.

Or are you talking about this kind of pain tolerance?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Palm
sithao
+63|6627|Los Angeles, California
Thanks for all the help guys, Now to trick my mind (lol).
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Yes it is possible to endure more pain, the body learns from experience ... so if you subject yourself to pain on a regular basis and it's not life-threatening the body will get used to it ... however it takes time ... lots of time ... and you should definitely know how to do it before you start such a process, you can hurt yourself pretty bad if you don't ...

Best example is the baker that can handle pretty hot breads with his bare hands after many years in the trade ... and there is two reasons for that, the skin on the inside of his palms gets thicker and his brain has given up telling him it hurts ...

And gingers do not have a lower threshold to endure pain ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6711|Sweden
I believe Sumo wrestlers have mastered the art of pain maybe thats what your missing.

And cutting yourself could be counter productive i believe your brain starts to produce it own happydrugs giving you a feel-good moment.
vedds
+52|6755|Christchurch New Zealand
Yep as everybody has said, Conditioning and willpower are the two ways to take more pain.

Rugby is very good at increasing your pain toloerance
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
Get some coke or angeldust and you're fine.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6710|Germany

Varegg wrote:

Yes it is possible to endure more pain, the body learns from experience ... so if you subject yourself to pain on a regular basis and it's not life-threatening the body will get used to it ... however it takes time ... lots of time ... and you should definitely know how to do it before you start such a process, you can hurt yourself pretty bad if you don't ...

Best example is the baker that can handle pretty hot breads with his bare hands after many years in the trade ... and there is two reasons for that, the skin on the inside of his palms gets thicker and his brain has given up telling him it hurts ...
Yep, I had the same experience in my apprenticeship as a blacksmith.
After three years I got pretty immune against all kind of bruises, burns, cuts and alike.
Nowadays I sometimes don´t  even realize I hurt myself, until i see some blood dripping.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

It is widely believed that exposing yourself to painful stimuli will increase your pain tolerance - i.e. increase your ability to handle pain by becoming more experienced with it. However, this is not true - in fact the more you expose yourself to pain, the more painful future exposures will be. Repeated exposure bombards pain synapses with repetitive input, increasing their responsiveness to later stimuli, through a process similar to learning. Therefore, although you may learn cognitive methods of coping with pain, these methods may not be sufficient to cope with the boosted response you will show to future painful stimuli. Because of this, it is advisable to try to give trauma victims (or any patient in pain) pain-killers (such as morphine)as soon as possible - to prevent pain sensitisation.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Kmarion wrote:

It is widely believed that exposing yourself to painful stimuli will increase your pain tolerance - i.e. increase your ability to handle pain by becoming more experienced with it. However, this is not true - in fact the more you expose yourself to pain, the more painful future exposures will be. Repeated exposure bombards pain synapses with repetitive input, increasing their responsiveness to later stimuli, through a process similar to learning. Therefore, although you may learn cognitive methods of coping with pain, these methods may not be sufficient to cope with the boosted response you will show to future painful stimuli. Because of this, it is advisable to try to give trauma victims (or any patient in pain) pain-killers (such as morphine)as soon as possible - to prevent pain sensitisation.
woooo placebo effect

Mind over matter. That's all it is. You can't "train" yourself to take more pain, but if you think you are training yourself to be able to handle pain better then you will. Of course you could just skip the middle step and not be such a pussy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

woooo placebo effect

Mind over matter. That's all it is. You can't "train" yourself to take more pain, but if you think you are training yourself to be able to handle pain better then you will. Of course you could just skip the middle step and not be such a pussy.
I agree.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
After all, pain is all mental anyway, hence just buy painkillers.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

thtthht wrote:

Bloody knuckles bloody hurts after a while!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard