phishman420
Banned
+821|5690
Chrome may be .2 seconds faster, but Firefox has 1000x as many features.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759

phishman420 wrote:

I wouldn't pin an argument on x amount of features since Chrome is only in its Beta stage, and once it is fully released and then people start to develop add-ins, then I suspect that there will be numerous more than FF
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6539|Boston, MA
I tried it and like it, but the layout is kind of weird, it looks like something on a Mac which doesn't appeal to me. It is fast but I'm just used to the custom shortcuts and speed dial of Opera, put that together with the fact that you couldn't import Opera bookmarks into it at the time of release (last time I tried it), I haven't used it since and have stuck with Opera.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5690

theDude5B wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

I wouldn't pin an argument on x amount of features since Chrome is only in its Beta stage, and once it is fully released and then people start to develop add-ins, then I suspect that there will be numerous more than FF
Negative.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

theDude5B wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

It can have over 9000. Google still won't allow AdBlock.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

theDude5B wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Google chrome will never have more add-ons, because firefox is so heavily supported by the open source community who are constantly releasing add-ons, fixes, patches and updates because the source code is available freely to modify.

Google chrome even if it does release the source code won't be ported with Ubuntu systems or be able to catch up to the thousands of plugins and add-ons firefox already has to offer.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6559|CH/BR - in UK

TheAussieReaper wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Google chrome will never have more add-ons, because firefox is so heavily supported by the open source community who are constantly releasing add-ons, fixes, patches and updates because the source code is available freely to modify.

Google chrome even if it does release the source code won't be ported with Ubuntu systems or be able to catch up to the thousands of plugins and add-ons firefox already has to offer.
Google is a few seconds faster. It opens instantly, whereas I have to wait for almost 5 seconds for Firefox to open! And you can get adblock for Google Chrome - just google that. Oh, and Google Chrome has already been ported (and is still being ported) to various linux distros.

Firefox may have a lead, but Google is rapidly catching up. From the moment it was released, it had more market share than Opera does. Firefox will always be the hummer of browsers: slow, massive, but fully extensible - whereas Google Chrome is like the Tesla car that runs on electricity and has a huge acceleration

-kon
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759

TheAussieReaper wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Chromium

And the Linux version of the browser is in development. So I would think that in the future, due to the way Chrome is aimed at web applications, it will have a LOT of add-ons.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

It still won't have the edge because FF has had such a head start already. Think of it like the Apache web service.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It still won't have the edge because FF has had such a head start already. Think of it like the Apache web service.
Only time will tell
Tripulaci0n
+14|6165
The Google browser was made so they can record everything you do and sell it to advertising companies.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Thing is though, Chrome looks like human excrement, which is why I feel it will never catch on.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6559|CH/BR - in UK

ghettoperson wrote:

Thing is though, Chrome looks like human excrement, which is why I feel it will never catch on.
The old Firefox looked like human excrement sent through a blender and mixed with plaster, but they still got users, didn't they?

-kon
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

What is your problem with it? You come out with such stupid statements and then have nothing at all to back the shit up.

Chrome is a good browser that is fast and reliable and will catch on in a few years. If Chrome looks like human excrement, then FF is blindingly awful.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5690

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

What is your problem with it? You come out with such stupid statements and then have nothing at all to back the shit up.

Chrome is a good browser that is fast and reliable and will catch on in a few years. If Chrome looks like human excrement, then FF is blindingly awful.
Why are ALL of your posts condescending in some way?

By the way, FF has hundreds of different themes to choose from, so for you to say it looks blindingly awful is pretty dumb.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759

phishman420 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Why are ALL of your posts condescending in some way?

By the way, FF has hundreds of different themes to choose from, so for you to say it looks blindingly awful is pretty dumb.
FF is blindingly awful when you first get it!

And you can NOT say that Chrome looks like human excrement when you look at it non-maximised in Vista. It looks sexy as fuck!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England

Cheez wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

It can have over 9000. Google still won't allow AdBlock.
QFT, I downloaded Chrome, thought "hey, this shit is pretty cool" then I saw the adverts and I was like "oh yeah, this is why IE also sucks"

Back to FF3 I went.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6462|The Twilight Zone
any Chrome users?
I have to say I reinstalled Chrome today and instantly found several quite fascinating addons. You gotta try Smooth Scroll
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6139|Carnoustie MASSIF

.Sup wrote:

any Chrome users?
I have to say I reinstalled Chrome today and instantly found several quite fascinating addons. You gotta try Smooth Scroll
i stopped using chrome a while ago after it started raping my cpu. usage went up to 80%-90% at times.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6200|Roma
I use.
Get a few problems every now and again with media playing, but I'm not sure if it's a system problem or what. Goes away when I restart, but I'm going to reinstall within the next month anyway.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
alexb
<3
+590|5949|Kentucky, USA

Chrome uses wayyyyy too much memory.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6462|The Twilight Zone

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I use.
Get a few problems every now and again with media playing, but I'm not sure if it's a system problem or what. Goes away when I restart, but I'm going to reinstall within the next month anyway.
Try the beta 6 if the current 5 build is giving you issues V. I will try FF again, this time on Windows platform

ok seriously this scroll shit is amazing, its better than Solitaire!1

Last edited by .Sup (2010-08-16 09:45:40)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6200|Roma
Getting this scroll shit.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
what does smooth scroll do
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6200|Roma
Makes scrolling a bit less clunky when using the mouse wheel
As far as I can tell

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2010-08-16 09:53:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard