CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6263|Carnoustie MASSIF
I'm thinking of doing it part-time after speaking to my ex-doorman mate today.

Just wondering if there's any doormen/ex-doormen on BF2S that can give me some advice.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6620|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I have, make sure to bring 2 packs of smokes, 2-3 energy drinks of your choice and thick skin.
CammRobb
Banned

SgtHeihn wrote:

I have, make sure to bring 2 packs of smokes, 2-3 energy drinks of your choice and thick skin.
Sound advice.

Is it a boring/exciting/stressful job? And where did you do it?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
Not stressful, I have been security at 4 bars and a strip club. Also make sure you have a good pair of shoes that you can run in and stand.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6872|Comber, Northern Ireland
i thought i was doing it once in a club, but i was just really drunk and thought i would be nice and help out, apparntly tripping chavs up on the stairs isnt being nice
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6265|Scotland!
Nope but i've seen a fair amount of doormen taking shit from drunk assholes, hope you're good at ignoring abuse from idiots
CammRobb
Banned

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Nope but i've seen a fair amount of doormen taking shit from drunk assholes, hope you're good at ignoring abuse from idiots
Yeah, I'm pretty good at blanking shit out.

SgtHeihn wrote:

Not stressful, I have been security at 4 bars and a strip club. Also make sure you have a good pair of shoes that you can run in and stand.
Do you need to be pretty harsh when it comes to the id'ing, like everyone?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6535|dm_maidenhead
Here's a questionaire to see if you have what it takes to be a great bouncer

Q1. Are you over 6 foot and black?

If you answered yes, enjoy your new career.
CammRobb
Banned

Peter wrote:

Here's a questionaire to see if you have what it takes to be a great bouncer

Q1. Are you over 6 foot and black?

If you answered yes, enjoy your new career.
Six foot, but white.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
Yes, I know here in the US if you get caught letting a under age person in its like a $5000 fine for you and a $20000 for the bar. I have seen them all, but the best rule of thumb to go by is if it looks close ask for a bank card or a another piece of plastic. Most people if it is fake will not have matching cards or will start to stumble about how they left it at home or the like.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
Also, with the IDing of people well over it depends on the attitude, law here requires you to have your ID on you at all times in a bar, but a lot of people don't follow that. If a old person is cool I would let them in, if they were a cock I would tell them to pound sand.

Edit: Even with ID ask everyone their age, here a ABC person can't lie they have to tell you the truth.

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2008-11-18 08:00:36)

CammRobb
Banned

SgtHeihn wrote:

Also, with the IDing of people well over it depends on the attitude, law here requires you to have your ID on you at all times in a bar, but a lot of people don't follow that. If a old person is cool I would let them in, if they were a cock I would tell them to pound sand.
Hmm, it's a bit more lenient here with the old men.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6754|London, England
Don't be gay and not let people in for stupid reasons. Stupid bouncers telling me my shoes were inappropriate. Honestly what the fuck. Fuck sake.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

SirSchloppy wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Its generally up to the owner, but never put the bar over your own ass. Get a can of 17% pepper spray and you shouldn't have too hard of a time.
CammRobb
Banned

SgtHeihn wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Its generally up to the owner, but never put the bar over your own ass. Get a can of 17% pepper spray and you shouldn't have too hard of a time.
I'de probably get done for that over here.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

Mekstizzle wrote:

Don't be gay and not let people in for stupid reasons. Stupid bouncers telling me my shoes were inappropriate. Honestly what the fuck. Fuck sake.
I have been to places like that, its just the dress code or the bouncer is trying to fish for a tip. Gay, yes.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

Mekstizzle wrote:

That's because the place is too good for your lower class ass.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6754|London, England
I just walked away and then came back, he was too busy with something else and I got in easily. If there's anything about bouncers, is that they're inconsistent as fuck and if it's busy you can always still get in eventually (if there's more than one, and the idiot one is doing something else).

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2008-11-18 08:08:55)

wensleydale8
+81|6902|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
shame they dont do old school bouncing anymore.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6423|Éire

SgtHeihn wrote:

Security guard at a strip club eh? Do the pros outweigh the cons? I mean sure there are hot naked chicks everywhere but there must be plenty of assholes coming every night too.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6872|Comber, Northern Ireland
ive been told i cant come in because of my tatoo's, you can see it a tiny bit above my collar, and because i had my lips peirced they says its a saftey risk, hardly unless some cunt smacks me on the nose,

p.s i <3 drinking in the afternoon
CammRobb
Banned

david363 wrote:

ive been told i cant come in because of my tatoo's,
Your tatoo's what?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6701|Mountains of NC

I use to bounce at a fairly large club/bar ......... it had its ups and downs ( mostly down ) -- hate playing babysitter
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard