.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

His name is Mikhail Minin. And he just recently died.

http://www.famouspictures.org/mag/index … _Reichstag
Thanks, k.

I had seen an interview of one of the soldiers there, who explained that the solider shown with two watches wasn't wearing two watches, but one was a compass as they were part of a Recon squad. The truth is somewhere in the middle I think though.
https://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/030915154155s.jpg
thats what I heard...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

His name is Mikhail Minin. And he just recently died.

http://www.famouspictures.org/mag/index … _Reichstag
Thanks, k.

I had seen an interview of one of the soldiers there, who explained that the solider shown with two watches wasn't wearing two watches, but one was a compass as they were part of a Recon squad. The truth is somewhere in the middle I think though.
The history channel did a whole week on the Soviet involvement. The special on the Siege of Leningrad.. horrific shit.

The siege of Leningrad, also known as the 900-Day Siege though it lasted a grueling 872 day... Animals from the city zoo were consumed early in the siege, followed before long by household pets. Wallpaper paste made from potatoes was scraped off the wall, and leather was boiled to produce an edible jelly. Grass and weeds were cooked, and scientists worked to extract vitamins from pine needles and tobacco dust. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, resorted to cannibalizing the dead, and in a few cases people were murdered for their flesh. The Leningrad police struggled to keep order and formed a special division to combat cannibalism.

Across frozen Lake Ladoga, trucks made it to Leningrad with supplies, but not enough. Thousands of residents, mostly children and the elderly, were evacuated across the lake, but many more remained in the city and succumbed to starvation, the bitter cold, and the relentless German air attacks. In 1942 alone, the siege claimed some 600,000 lives. In the summer, barges and other ships braved German air attack to cross Lake Ladoga to Leningrad with supplies.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Best documentary on WWII .....I have ever seen.

PBS PREVIEWS: THE WAR | Extended Preview | PBS
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

.Sup wrote:

Also which war theatre in WW2 do you think is the toughest to fight? I personally think Russia (its vastness and snow) and Jungles (fighting against Japanese).
They all sucked.  IMO, the toughest would have been fighting at D-day, but really the fighting of whole war was epic.  Of course, if you want to consider who suffered the most, it would be the Russians.  Millions of Russians died fighting the Germans, and much of the fighting was done in sub zero temperatures.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

usmarine wrote:

ya well glad the mods only get angry in one thread per month.
It's because we know you secretly love it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Uzique wrote:

To be fair Russia is so much better - in every sense of the word - than America.

Go fucking Stalin, you (awesome) conniving bastard.
I c wat u did there....

https://lemmycaution.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6457|The edge of sanity
I am going to go out on a limb here but I would like to thank the Chinese troops that served during World War 2. For if they had not put up a gallant fight then the Japanese Imperial forces could have focused the entirety of their foreign forces on the United States and we may not have won the war at all.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

I am going to go out on a limb here but I would like to thank the Chinese troops that served during World War 2. For if they had not put up a gallant fight then the Japanese Imperial forces could have focused the entirety of their foreign forces on the United States and we may not have won the war at all.
u gotta love USA <3, the international relations are not the best but ppl are cool

Last edited by blademaster (2008-11-18 22:25:47)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia
holy hell in a handbasket... i've seen all kinds of crap on the internet, but some of the stuff that's been posted here is... i dunno... calling it borderline trolling would be an understatement. controversial perspectives my butt, damnit...
anyway:
thank you USA, we couldn't have won against Nazi'es without your help.

Last edited by Shahter (2008-11-19 00:50:34)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya
Thank you all of our allies. except england, fuck u. Jokes
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

To be fair Russia is so much better - in every sense of the word - than America.

Go fucking Stalin, you (awesome) conniving bastard.
I c wat u did there....

http://lemmycaution.files.wordpress.com … essful.jpg
rofl
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

usmarine wrote:

hmmm...

summation for those who dont want to read 5 pages of slop.

euro fags bashing america and downgrading their participation in wwii.  you know, the normals (braddock, uzique, rammunucklehead, and others)

americans defending what their grandparents and other families did.  as usual.

so....................

i think .sup did this on purpose because he knew the end result.  you should close this bullshit because half of you are acting like fucking cunts.
With all due respect usmarine, you can fuck right off... I have repeatedly expressed my gratitude to US troops for their huge contribution in WW2 throughout this thread; maybe you're just bitter because I pointed out the reality that neither you nor your contemporaries lifted one finger to fight the Nazis and hence aren't worthy of gratitude merely by association. It's like I said before, you aren't responsible for enslaving African Americans and you aren't responsible for defeating the Nazis - stop trying to steal other heroes' limelight.

To claim credit for what your heroic countrymen did merely because you share the same pledge of allegiance to your cause would be like me claiming to have won independence for my country in 1916 simply because I too am a committed Republican... it's nonsense. I tell you what, if you ever come over to Europe to fight for us in my lifetime I'll personally thank you... I'll even make you a cup of tea if you like.

I will say again that Western Europe owes US and Russian troops a huge debt of gratitude for helping save us from Hitler and the Nazis.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

Braddock wrote:

I will say again that Western Europe owes US and Russian troops a huge debt of gratitude for helping save us from Hitler and the Nazis.
Why? Weren't the Nazis their enemies as well? What if Europe fell. Wouldn't the US be in danger? Wtf are you guys talking about. The US isn't on Mars ye know...

Gratitude my ass. They deserve as much of it as everyone else who fought the Nazis. No matter how small a contribution. Sheesh. Get over WWII for fucks sake.
ƒ³
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

oug wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Why? Weren't the Nazis their enemies as well? What if Europe fell. Wouldn't the US be in danger? Wtf are you guys talking about. The US isn't on Mars ye know...

Gratitude my ass. They deserve as much of it as everyone else who fought the Nazis. No matter how small a contribution. Sheesh. Get over WWII for fucks sake.
I believe in credit where credit is due. It is fair enough to second guess the motives of the US and Russia if you feel the need to and it is a fair comment to point out that the Nazis were in fact their enemies too but the contributions made by US and Russian troops benefited pretty much all of us here in Europe (well Western Europe at least in the case of Russian troops) and for that I am grateful. That is not to detract in any way from the efforts of all the European and African Allied troops who fought and resisted the onslaught of the Nazis too.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

And i think Braddocks statement is the final one regarding this issue, lets grouphug eachother and move on ... tnx US and all other contributors small and large

Closed before the shitstorm really hits this thread
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard