Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
thanks for the english language
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

.Sup wrote:

I just wanted to say I really appreciate what USA did for us, Europeans and the rest of the world during WW1 and 2. Some believe I'm against America in every way but I only was against Bush and his foreign policy. I'm hoping that will change. This is not a sarcastic post and is meant honestly. Thats all I wanted to say. This thread can become a discussion about WW1 and 2 if you like.
What the hell is this?

Don't (re)praise the Americans for something they've been self-aggrandizing themselves for over the last 50 years. WW1 and WW2 was a political chess-game of land and wealth appropriation, no one did anyone any altruistic 'favours' or committed any acts of 'heroism' through their decisions. Not in the political boardroom at least... although of course the young men dying on the battlefield were an entirely different story, sadly.

Thanks for KFC though, I couldn't live without my weekly Zinger burger!

Hurricane wrote:

Thank ancient and medieval Europe.

And why does no one thank the Nazi soldiers for their loyal dedication and grit determination against insurmountable odds; against all codes of morality and decency in order to serve the same ideals and concepts that we Allies held so high: patriotism, pride in ones identity and a refusal to bend to the will of others?

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-17 16:59:41)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Uzique wrote:

no one did anyone any altruistic 'favours' or committed any acts of 'heroism'
i bet the jews would not agree with you. or civilians trapped as prisoners in the philippines.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Uzique wrote:

And why does no one thank the Nazi soldiers for their loyal dedication and grit determination against insurmountable odds; against all codes of morality and decency in order to serve the same ideals and concepts that we Allies held so high: patriotism, pride in ones identity and a refusal to bend to the will of others?
you truly are a twat if you cannot see the difference.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/ScooterPhotos/animflag.gif
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Uzique wrote:

we Allies held so high: patriotism, pride in ones identity and a refusal to bend to the will of others?
Oh, I must have missed the memo. I thought it was not going all Napoleon on Europe and not repressing minorities and free speech.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

no one did anyone any altruistic 'favours' or committed any acts of 'heroism'
i bet the jews would not agree with you. or civilians trapped as prisoners in the philippines.

Myself wrote:

Not in the political boardroom at least... although of course the young men dying on the battlefield were an entirely different story, sadly.
It's kind of aggravating when you only read the introductory sentence or the main clause of my message(s) and then reply erringly. I made a clear differentiation between the acts and mindsets of the politicians and suits (i.e. the guys that made the strategic decision to enter WW1 and WW2, even when it is historically and factually documented that the US President during WW1 regarded it as a European land-grabbing festival) and the young valiant men and persecuted Jews/POW's.

usmarine wrote:

you truly are a twat if you cannot see the difference.
Of course I'm just being purely rhetorical, just putting things out there for shits 'n' giggles. It has a slight credence though, in my own mind at least, although of course nowhere near as much as to actually thank or excuse the acts of the Nazi Party.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-17 17:04:07)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Uzique wrote:

It's kind of aggravating when you only read the introductory sentence or the main clause of my message(s) and then reply erringly.
no i read it and understood.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It's kind of aggravating when you only read the introductory sentence or the main clause of my message(s) and then reply erringly.
Well then you'd understand there was a divide between the strategists and politicians and the actual victims and participators in the conflict, thus making your post pretty much pointless .

Flaming-Maniac wrote:

Oh, I must have missed the memo. I thought it was not going all Napoleon on Europe and not repressing minorities and free speech.
Of couse, again I'm being tongue-in-cheek for the sake of it.

One cannot deny there was lots of mindless jingoism and propaganda on both sides of both conflicts. I mean come on, how many British soldiers enlisted voluntarily at the call of The Great War simply because of their national pride and based purely on the principles of good 'ole British superiority and identity? Far too many in my opinion, considering how many of those were sent blindly to die. Not so different from your average Wehrmacht soldier, no?

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-17 17:08:10)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Uzique wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Well then you'd understand there was a divide between the strategists and politicians and the actual victims and participators in the conflict, thus making your post pretty much pointless .
no not really.
Flaming_Maniac

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

usmarine wrote:

no not really.
Come on marine, the Jews thought it was all politics, nothing personal.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

no not really.
Oh my God you both suffer from an extreme lack of reading comprehension. Read the original post again, mindless bandwagon jumping in a D&ST thread? I'm just trying to throw out some purposefully controversial perspectives to stir up some discussion other than the US-fellatio. I never inferred that Jews or concentration-camp prisoners were alike to self-interested politicians, I clearly implied they were in the same group of 'victims' or persons of "direct involvement".
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You're welcome. Shame you had to go bastardise it though.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Uzique wrote:

I'm just trying to throw out some purposefully controversial perspectives to stir up some discussion other than the US-fellatio.
oh............

trying something new for a change?  lulz
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

Uzique wrote:

in my own mind at least,
whew!

i got scared for a second
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I'm just trying to throw out some purposefully controversial perspectives to stir up some discussion other than the US-fellatio.
oh............

trying something new for a change?  lulz
Nope, never purported to be either.

"Lulz".

I'd thank you for Mark Twain yet clearly no American has since inherited his wit.

Parker wrote:

i got scared for a second
I'm just pointing out logical similarities between the average scrub in the armies of both sides- why be so reductionist as to settle for 'US Soldier = Valiant Hero' and 'Nazi Trooper = Evil Satan'? At the end of the day you cannot really deny that both armies were united in the same common jingoism and patriotic call for their allegiance to country... my deductions aren't so ridiculous.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-17 17:22:39)

Flaming_Maniac

Uzique wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine wrote:

no not really.
Oh my God you both suffer from an extreme lack of reading comprehension. Read the original post again, mindless bandwagon jumping in a D&ST thread? I'm just trying to throw out some purposefully controversial perspectives to stir up some discussion other than the US-fellatio. I never inferred that Jews or concentration-camp prisoners were alike to self-interested politicians, I clearly implied they were in the same group of 'victims' or persons of "direct involvement".
Yet while the Jews were victims, their direct saviors were not heroes, but mere pawns.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Uzique wrote:

I'd thank you for Mark Twain yet clearly no American has since inherited his wit.
well i would like to thank you for dental health.....but
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Uzique wrote:

Oh, snap. That's bait if ever I saw it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flaming_Maniac

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Bait soaked in irony isn't very effective.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It's okay, you can just thank us for free health-care in general whilst thousands of your citizens die needlessly... most advanced and civilized society in the world, what was that again? But I digress...

Flaming Maniac wrote:

Yet while the Jews were victims, their direct saviors were not heroes, but mere pawns.
No no, the soldiers in my view were victims too. I'm very much applying the old saying from Homer: "War is old men talking and young men dying". German concentration-camp victims, young men going to war for the ideals and deeds of old politicians, that sit back and make plans to divide up a continent for their own profit and gain (this is more relevant to WW1 than WW2).

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-17 17:26:39)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

thank you to king douche bag for ruining this thread.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Uzique wrote:

So he's not thanking us for Mark Twain because he hasn't experienced his (MT's) caliber of wit from an American?  Gosh, I do hope your experience of Americans isn't limited to this forum.

I'd thank the Brits for their culture yet the little experience I've had from visiting their fine country is that most commoners are good-for-nothing cocksuckers with very poor grammar.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lol, I could spot the obvious bait and pointed it out. But you guys just have to have the last word.

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Uzique wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It's okay, you can just thank us for free health-care in general whilst thousands of your citizens die needlessly... most advanced and civilized society in the world, what was that again? But I digress...
Pretty much anyone with a life-threatening condition will be treated at a hospital, regardless of coverage.  It's the fact that a lack of general health insurance impedes people from getting preventative care that is the main gripe.  But I digress...

USA!
USA!
USA!

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-11-17 17:35:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard