.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
I just wanted to say I really appreciate what USA did for us, Europeans and the rest of the world during WW1 and 2. Some believe I'm against America in every way but I only was against Bush and his foreign policy. I'm hoping that will change. This is not a sarcastic post and is meant honestly. Thats all I wanted to say. This thread can become a discussion about WW1 and 2 if you like.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
Credit where credit is due. Europe owes the United States a big thank you for what they did in WW2 (WW1 was a bit of a bullshit war tbh and should have been avoided). It is just a shame that successive US Governments have pursued a policy of de facto imperialism since then. But thank you America.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
im going to leave this open for now, but it better not be a retaliation thread.
no flaming, no personal attacks.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sir yes sir
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
cheers usmarine
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Parker wrote:

im going to leave this open for now, but it better not be a retaliation thread.
no flaming, no personal attacks.
Hoping a bit much there Parker

Kudos USA, Engerlands mutual friend
.Sup
be nice
Does anyone know-are there still any limitations to the German army's number of troops, ships, etc.?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

kylef wrote:

cheers usmarine
Yeah, I'd like to thank usmarine in particular for his unique role in Hitler's downfall.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Braddock wrote:

kylef wrote:

cheers usmarine
Yeah, I'd like to thank usmarine in particular for his unique role in Hitler's downfall.
He is a physical manifestation of those who did, one that we can thank. Just as those in the service years from now will be thanked for the service usmarine has done for his country.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Usa!
Usa!
Usa!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

kylef wrote:

cheers usmarine
He is a physical manifestation of those who did, one that we can thank. Just as those in the service years from now will be thanked for the service usmarine has done for his country.
No he's not... his father, grandfather or great grandfather might be but he himself is about as responsible for defeating Fascism in Europe as I am for securing Irish independence.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

No he's not... his father, grandfather or great grandfather might be but he himself is about as responsible for defeating Fascism in Europe as I am for securing Irish independence.
Easy now, this is going somewhere bad. My forum senses are tingling!
Flaming_Maniac

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Uh...did you read what I said? Particularly the second part?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I read your entire post... if that is the way you view the world you can thank me for building your country's best cities whenever you're ready.
Flaming_Maniac

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I read your entire post... if that is the way you view the world you can thank me for building your country's best cities whenever you're ready.
Because I respect architects sitting in a room on the computer so much.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Because I respect architects sitting in a room on the computer so much.
The Irish built half your country... I'm not looking for any personal gratitude though. The same goes for soldiers; I am very grateful to the soldiers who served in WW2. I am indifferent towards those that did not.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Braddock wrote:

The Irish built half your country...
laying bricks is not even close to bastogne or okinawa dude.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

The Irish built half your country...
laying bricks is not even close to bastogne or okinawa dude.
Nobody is saying it is dude. The analogy is intended to point out how I layed about as many bricks as you killed nazis.

I am very grateful to the soldiers who served in WW2.
Flaming_Maniac
But the difference is if there was a Hitler 5 years ago usmarine would have been fighting him. If there is a Hitler tomorrow our active service men and women will be shipped off to fight him within the month. It is not their deeds, it is their willingness to commit said deeds.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

But the difference is if there was a Hitler 5 years ago usmarine would have been fighting him. If there is a Hitler tomorrow our active service men and women will be shipped off to fight him within the month. It is not their deeds, it is their willingness to commit said deeds.
Well if and when they do I will draft up my thank you letter... until then they deserve no gratitude from non-Americans.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I'd like the thank Europe for thanking The United States of America.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
.Sup
be nice
Also which war theatre in WW2 do you think is the toughest to fight? I personally think Russia (its vastness and snow) and Jungles (fighting against Japanese).
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

.Sup wrote:

Also which war theatre in WW2 do you think is the toughest to fight? I personally think Russia (its vastness and snow) and Jungles (fighting against Japanese).
Toughest enemy on terrain was probably the Japanese, mostly infantry fighting, close quarters and the Japanese were pretty ruthless to boot, plus the whole suicide thing as well.
.Sup
be nice

M.O.A.B wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Toughest enemy on terrain was probably the Japanese, mostly infantry fighting, close quarters and the Japanese were pretty ruthless to boot, plus the whole suicide thing as well.
Yeah but also in Russia where there wasn't enough food during the winter and temps below -40 degrees Celsius. Some didn't have winter clothing.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Hey np Europe. Thanks for the Magna Carta n shit. La Liberte guidant le peuple!
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard