Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway
I got hacked, and I wasn't the only one. I sendt an e-mail to EA to try to recover my stats (yes, they are precious to me) and this is what I got back. Can someone translate it without beeing a smartass???

Your Battlefield 2 account stats have been reset due to the following violation of the Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service.

Violation: Exploitation of game/service mechanics

As noted in the Terms of Service you have agreed to, you (or others using your Account) will not violate the Electronic Arts Terms of Service to gain unfair advantage via the abuse of game systems or mechanics.

Therefore, you will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through a public posting) to any other user of the Service. ·

Furthermore, you will not do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing an EA game and using the Service, in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

The Rules of Conduct stipulate that you may not use features of the Battlefield 2 service for any reasons other than the purpose for which each feature is designed. Any exploitative behavior or activity is prohibited on the Battlefield 2 service and adherence to these rules is strictly enforced.

Should Electronic Arts decide that the sole intent of the actions on this account were to defraud other players for personal gain, this account will be immediately terminated. Battlefield 2 exists only because of its community; as such, any sort of anti-social behavior completely contravenes the spirit of the game, and we will remove those participating in such activities in order to protect the rule-abiding members of the service. Please understand that any additional violations could, and likely will, lead to the immediate termination of access and loss of internet play with this Battlefield 2 account.

If you feel that this action is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, we ask that you please visit the EA Account Administration site at http://support.ea.com so that they can review any possible discrepancies of this event. The Account Admin team is also available via that site should you have any general questions or concerns about the rule or its enforcement in the game, as we feel it is important to understand the rule completely before returning to the game world.

The Electronic Arts Terms of Service can be accessed here:
http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Thank you for your cooperation
EA Battlefield 2 Admin team
Yes, I feel like I'm cooperating when they wipe my stats out and gives me this answer.

Last edited by Babb Master Flash (2008-11-13 02:58:18)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Looks like generic copypasta that says "Your account was caught using hacks and we don't care if it wasn't you but another guy".

I need around tree fiddy.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
basically EA are saying "if you go on a modified points server you get reset"
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996
Yeah I got the same email, PID hacked and reset 3 times now, not that I really care - never played for stats, just fucking hate every 10 seconds getting a medal.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Hakei wrote:

Yeah I got the same email
I tried replying with a "good job you fuckwits" (only more strongly worded) but it bounced back with a "We don't accept emails here. Go to here and here to ask our staff information, etc"

I just deleted it after that. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

I got 2 of them lol. Both my accounts were reset.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway
I know for a fact that EA has restored many accounts. Those I know of (at this moment) is Steelie and Bennet. And I wonder what they did to got their stats back? Cause it has to be a way that it can happen? Right? Now I just got my two-star promotion. Why the hell start to hack now??? And if you check my stats at www.BF2player.com and player name you'll see that Shonghua was the map I "cheated" on. First of all, I hate the map. And 1500 hours at Shonghua is impossible! And my best score with over 400,000 points??? Come on!!!

I got pID hacked and there's no way they can prove that ! played. If I get them to check it futher , I can 99.98% certain claim that this was done outside of Norway. And who the hell can I go to sleep and play in a different country at the same time??

I'm gonna bitch to EA until they revive my stats. The main thing is my rank and points. The rest isn't that important.

Last edited by Babb Master Flash (2008-11-14 12:40:28)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

Hakei wrote:

...just fucking hate every 10 seconds getting a medal.
that and the stupid unlocks
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon

Babb Master Flash wrote:

I know for a fact that EA has restored many accounts. Those I know of (at this moment) is Steelie and Bennet. And I wonder what they did to got their stats back? Cause it has to be a way that it can happen? Right? Now I just got my two-star promotion. Why the hell start to hack now??? And if you check my stats at www.BF2player.com and player 77668723 you'll see that Shonghua was the map I "cheated" on. First of all, I hate the map. And 1500 hours at Shonghua is impossible! And my best score with over 400,000 points??? Come on!!!

I got pID hacked and there's no way they can prove that ! played. If I get them to check it futher , I can 99.98% certain claim that this was done outside of Norway. And who the hell can I go to sleep and play in a different country at the same time??

I'm gonna bitch to EA until they revive my stats. The main thing is my rank and points. The rest isn't that important.
they didn't restore my stats... they just gave me my global score and rank back... anything else was earned after that.  to be honest, they aren't going to help you any further.  i feel bad for you, you're a good guy and you always karma the award earners and now your account is ruined.  but is it really?  i thought all my hard work was gone after i was reset, but what it really did was give me a fresh start, so all my newbness stats were gone, and now i have new stats that reflect my true playing ability.  i know how you feel, but you just have to try to move on

as far as getting your score and rank back, you have to appeal to their support department, and they will contact you with some steps you need to take.

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-11-13 07:25:25)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
steelie speaks the truth tbh ^^ game on
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

steelie34 wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

I know for a fact that EA has restored many accounts. Those I know of (at this moment) is Steelie and Bennet. And I wonder what they did to got their stats back? Cause it has to be a way that it can happen? Right? Now I just got my two-star promotion. Why the hell start to hack now??? And if you check my stats at www.BF2player.com and player 77668723 you'll see that Shonghua was the map I "cheated" on. First of all, I hate the map. And 1500 hours at Shonghua is impossible! And my best score with over 400,000 points??? Come on!!!

they didn't restore my stats... they just gave me my global score and rank back... anything else was earned after that.  to be honest, they aren't going to help you any further.  i feel bad for you, you're a good guy and you always karma the award earners and now your account is ruined.  but is it really?  i thought all my hard work was gone after i was reset, but what it really did was give me a fresh start, so all my newbness stats were gone, and now i have new stats that reflect my true playing ability.  i know how you feel, but you just have to try to move on

as far as getting your score and rank back, you have to appeal to their support department, and they will contact you with some steps you need to take.
That's... *Sniff* So beautiful.

Also, the fresh start thing is what I thought the first time. Doesn't really work the time(s) after that

I've immunized me from BF2S-haters, though. Try clicking my stats link
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996

Freezer7Pro wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Also, the fresh start thing is what I thought the first time. Doesn't really work the time(s) after that

Link stats of people you don't really like, that could be fun.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

Hakei wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Link stats of people you don't really like, that could be fun.
Good plan.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5750|شمال
I wanna try these servers...
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK
Unlucky babbmasterflash mate, good luck with EA (you're going to need it), to me they simply replied that it's a server issue that they're looking into. (I haven't been reset afaik yet though)

Beduin wrote:

I wanna try these servers...
gtfo
CombatRsq
+5|6727|California
Thank |N|_|u|_|7| and his buddies at his hack site.  This is fact and I can provide proof to anyone who wants it.  I know for a fact he has had guid's banned at least 6 times for hacking.  He also hacked my stats and I have had them reset like the rest of you, 2600 hrs and 310,000 points losts.

Last edited by CombatRsq (2008-11-13 11:50:03)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5868|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
2600hrs, lol
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

CombatRsq wrote:

This is fact and I can provide proff to anyone who wants it.

CombatRsq wrote:

I can provide proff

CombatRsq wrote:

proff
lolproff

1) this isn't helpful to OP
2) Nobody cares who did it
3) gtfo
4) kbai
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6207
They sent me that email too, ive sent it to a mate who happens to be a lawyer, apprently we got good cases!
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5868|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
gtfo lulz kbai amirite?
CC-Marley
+407|6829

twoblacklines wrote:

They sent me that email too, ive sent it to a mate who happens to be a lawyer, apprently we got good cases!
lol
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6521|Polish state of EU
hold on until 1.5 patch... Fuck there was a massive pid hack attack in the spring, i thought that all those hackers got drowned, but it seems i was wrong... at least they recover your points... i was trying to get 400hrs in armor... i wonder if i should continue... what if i get 390hours and then i will be hacked? I will pay EA/Dice/GameSpy a visit with a bomb under my coat... Is setting in-game password like 'icjn2938c82XAN823' going to help? How do they do such PID hacks? Is there a way to fight with it?
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

twoblacklines wrote:

you never cease to amaze with your stupidity
(or trolling lol)

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

I will pay EA/Dice/GameSpy a visit with a bomb under my coat... Is setting in-game password like 'icjn2938c82XAN823' going to help? How do they do such PID hacks? Is there a way to fight with it?
wat
Icleos
+101|6742

CC-Marley wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

lol
This isn't actually not that far off extreme of a case as you might think.
Electronic Arts is obviously doing wrong here by punishing those who are victims of purchasing their product.  If you can get with your lawyer and talk to a judge then it might work. 

You're going to need very strong evidence of the time when you were away while your account was getting hacked.
If you got that then I guess you could go to a claims court?  That's if the case doesn't get dismissed by the judge...

Since this is just an entertainment claim you might be looking at having to write up a petition list or a group claim filed against Electronic Arts.
Say a thousand or so people would be needed to sign a petition against EA which would contribute towards a mandatory patch for BF2.

Don't expect them to restore your accounts though.
Somewhere probably in the installation TOS/EULA EA is probably granted all powers to do whatever they want to your account...
I would double check on that to see what they are entitled.

Last edited by Icleos (2008-11-13 11:48:16)

Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6179|Wisconsin
That sucks man, sorry to hear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard