*sigh
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6461|'Murka

Vax wrote:

Rammunition is still here? 

And seriously, Prisonplanet.com ? 

*sigh
And why would you be at all surprised that he would troll a "source" like that?

He just jumped on an opportunity to trash the US and Israel at the same time...regardless of its actual relevance to anything approaching reality.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6671|London, England
No responses to the fact that the soon-to-be White House Chief of Staff, served under the armed forces of a foreign nation...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6455|North Carolina
America needs to divorce its relations with Israel about as much as Tina needed to divorce Ike.

Oh well, this is Obama's first big mistake.
san4
The Mas
+311|6738|NYC, a place to live

Switch wrote:

My dad was a serial killer, does it automatically make me one?
There are different rules for Jews. Remember that every generation of Jews is responsible for killing Christ. Well, at least until 1965.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6587|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I heard his uncle was a bad tipper.
well, he's jewish aint he?
Once upon a time I waited tables.. it wasn't the Jewish that left bad tips. I'll leave it at that.
What's the difference between a jew and a canoe? Canoes tip.

Actually you're right, even my father who's very frugal is a great tipper...he gave one waitress a $100 tip once a few Dec. 24th's ago.

It's the Canucks who are horrible tippers.
Turquoise
O Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

well, he's jewish aint he?
Once upon a time I waited tables.. it wasn't the Jewish that left bad tips. I'll leave it at that.
What's the difference between a jew and a canoe? Canoes tip.

Actually you're right, even my father who's very frugal is a great tipper...he gave one waitress a $100 tip once a few Dec. 24th's ago.

It's the Canucks who are horrible tippers.
...and black people.  I know I'll get flamed for that, but even the black waiters I know don't like serving other black people for that reason.  My brother's dealt with it for quite some time.
Reciprocity
+721|6631|the dank(super) side of Oregon

RAIMIUS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Obama is pandering to the Israeli lobby with this appointment tbqh
He is a popular Illinois Democrat, who Obama knows.  It's not pandering, it's cronyism (which nearly always happens for that job, as POTUS needs a personally TRUSTED adviser).
Obama's hiring someone to work for him.  how is it cronyism?  He can pick whoever the fuck he wants.  The chief of staff has no authority beyond what the president allows.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6766
do not question who the messiah picks to work with him... shame on you...lol...
Love is the answer
NgoDamWei
+7|5713|Western North Carolina
More appropriately the topic would be APPOINTS not ELECTS.  You could, however, really stretch it a bit with "elected to appoint" ...
FEOS
+1,182|6461|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No responses to the fact that the soon-to-be White House Chief of Staff, served under the armed forces of a foreign nation...
He has dual citizenship. And he's the CoS, not the President. What does it matter?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6156|eXtreme to the maX
Hey I dunno, if he had dual American-Palestinian citizenship, his father had been a member of the PLO and he served the Hamas govt would it be an issue?
Double standards FTL

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-08 04:03:04)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6461|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hey I dunno, if he had dual American-Palestinian citizenship, his father had been a member of the PLO and he served the Hamas govt would it be an issue?
Double standards FTL
Served in the Hamas govt or served in the hamas militia and carried out attacks on civilians?

Those are two completely different things. If it were the former...there would probably still be issue, since (I think) Hamas is still on the list of international terrorist organizations. If it were the Fatah government, there would likely be no issue at all (again, so long as he wasn't a militia member who participated in attacks on civilians).

We have lots of people in our government who have histories of service to other countries and who aren't natural-born citizens.

Who they supported and what they did are important. That's not a double-standard at all.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6156|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Hamas is still on the list of international terrorist organizations.
So is Irgun, no doubt the British list at least.

OK then.
If you're claiming he could have killed civilians in the Hamas militia I say its just as likely he could have killed civilians while in the IDF.
His precise service background in either would be very hard to determine.

Just stick to this:

If he had dual American-Palestinian citizenship, his father had been a member of the PLO and he served in the Hamas militia would it be an issue?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6461|'Murka

1. I believe you're confused. I was responding to Mek's post about Rahm Emanuel having served in the IDF. Now you're talking about his grandfather.

2. The nature of Rahm's IDF service is an open book. Here's what the BEEB said about it:

The prospective chief-of-staff himself volunteered to serve in Israel's army during the first Gulf War of 1991 - rust-proofing brakes in northern military bases, Israeli media reports.
Rahm never served in the Irgun...that was his father. And what is it you people always say about one man's terrorist? I guess it only applies to the Palestinians then, right?

But to address your last question: If he had served in the Hamas militia, it would absolutely be an issue. He took an active role in an internationally-recognized terrorist organization...recently. Say what you want about the IDF, but they are not an internationally-recognized terrorist organization, and their stated doctrine does not include the targeting of non-combatants.
― Albert Einstein

Mekstizzle
WALKER

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

He has dual citizenship. And he's the CoS, not the President. What does it matter?
Well, it doesn't matter at all to me, but I'd personally prefer someone who you can trust to be 100% for your country. And not have some sort of side agenda, then again, even if he was a 100% American, Jewish American, he'd probably have his side agenda anyway. All I'm saying is, you guys are getting played.

It's just that nobody can ever question them otherwise they're going to be called "Anti-Semitic" or a "Nazi"
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6703|pimelteror.de
i heard obama is a muslim? so he must be a terrorist / support terrorists! hey, and he has the name hussein! he might be related to saddam!

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6631|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

If he had dual American-Palestinian citizenship, his father had been a member of the PLO and he served in the Hamas militia would it be an issue?

FEOS wrote:

But to address your last question: If he had served in the Hamas militia, it would absolutely be an issue. He took an active role in an internationally-recognized terrorist organization...recently. Say what you want about the IDF, but they are not an internationally-recognized terrorist organization, and their stated doctrine does not include the targeting of non-combatants.
He's not talking about the IDF. His father was a member of the Irgun. There is no question whatsoever that while he was serving with them they were very much an active and internationally recognised terrorist organisation who frequently targeted civilians.

Either you haven't read what he wrote properly or you're being a bit of a hypocrite (seems to me you misread his question).

*edit* I've assumed that the bit in italics is also talking about his father - which could well have been a mistake on my part, if so I apologise.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-11-08 06:44:34)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Even if it was the British armed forces, it would still be subject to question. Infact, I think the IDF is the only thing in the world that Americans would accept to be ok to serve under, yet still be a high ranking official in their government. You guys are just so embedded that.......well, I lol at it tbh.

Also Bertester, bad example talking about PLO. You've made it easy for FEOS.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-11-08 06:40:07)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6631|SE London

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Also Bertester, bad example talking about PLO. You've made it easy for FEOS.
Why?

How are the PLO any worse than the Irgun?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Oh wait, it was Dilbert not you

But yeah, Hamas militia and IDF are easy to distinguish the difference between. It's an easy answer.

Also PLO/Irgun, that's another easy one. It doesn't matter what your father was, if you're not a part of it then it doesn't count.

But the main point is, the IDF is something that Americans accept that other Jewish Americans can fight for, yet still be considered American enough to be in their government. Hell, I'll bet there are thousands of military folk who serve the IDF and the US Armed Forces. It's almost like they're one and other. Israel and the USA.

Even when I hear Israeli people on the TV talking English, they seem to speak with pure US Accents. It really is the 51st state. Or, it's the real HQ of the US government.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-11-08 06:51:52)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6715|NT, like Mick Dundee

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Even when I hear Israeli people on the TV talking English, they seem to speak with pure US Accents.
I always thought there were just a lot of people who are from the USA over there/emmigrated to Israel from the USA.

I mean, it is considered the USA's closest ally, not that it's ever gone to war for them.

Shows how much we are appreciated tbh.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6203|what

I can't wait for his next cabinet appointment.

Obama elects son of a dead father and mother as Secretary Of Energy.

"Many fear harnessing the power of the undead to be against the word of God."
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6651|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Anybody who has ever known anybody who used to live next door to anybody who ever bought a bag of chips from anybody is now suspect. This election has brought a new standard of scrutiny.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Anybody who has ever known anybody who used to live next door to anybody who ever bought a bag of chips from anybody is now suspect. This election has brought a new standard of scrutiny.
This is a good thing though, because it drives home the point that almost everyone in power is a scumbag.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard