ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Now that we have freely elected a black American we can look forward to a near day when the cloud of racism is not an excuse for individual failure.

Unless you are a WASP, lol.

But seriously folks, if nothing else.

RACISM DIED TODAY IN THE BODY OF OUR POLITIC.

discuss this aspect.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
It'll take time to work its way out, 20-30 years.
Florida was deeply racist last time I went there, ~2001.

And you could argue Obama was elected because while the whites are no longer so racist, the blacks still are.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
I am so sick of hearing about Obama's race.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

Dilbert_X wrote:

And you could argue Obama was elected because while the whites are no longer so racist, the blacks still are.
That too, can be expected to peter out within the near future as people's perception of racism changes.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

How so? Where did you go?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
Obama has stated that he wants to change affirmative action to a class-based system to help poor people regardless of race.

I really hope he follows through on that one....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Then don't participate in threads that revolve around it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
nah its not dead yet lolz this country was built on racism and slavery u cant just throw it out of window and forget about it...... its a step in a right direction though since u have a first colored person as a president it took 300 years lolz but doubt if he is gonna make any real changes since people are expecting so much.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Obama has stated that he wants to change affirmative action to a class-based system to help poor people regardless of race.

He also sought out an investigation implying predatory lending was targeting blacks.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ahh ur sig reminds me of orangehound keep thinking its him

Last edited by blademaster (2008-11-04 23:20:35)

Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

He also sought out an investigation implying predatory lending was targeting blacks.
It's probably more specifically targeting the poor.  ...or at least, I hope he directs it that way.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

blademaster wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ahh ur sig reminds me of orangehound keep thinking its him
It's satire for those who haven't got it .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It's probably more specifically targeting the poor.  ...or at least, I hope he directs it that way.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/599/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flaming_Maniac

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The very fact that there are threads about his race means racism is clearly not dead, politically or otherwise. If it was it wouldn't have been brought up by this forum or anyone else concerning whether or not it helped or hurt him, because everyone acknowledges it made some difference. By showing contempt at the very notion of bringing up his race I am the least racist of all you wanna-be pundits.

/superior
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Well, if it turns out that race actually does play a part in the mortgage crisis, then it definitely needs to be dealt with.  But yeah, I would think class would play a bigger part.
Flaming_Maniac

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well, if it turns out that race actually does play a part in the mortgage crisis, then it definitely needs to be dealt with.  But yeah, I would think class would play a bigger part.
Race equates to class all too often.
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Race equates too class all too often.
True...  blacks and latinos are disproportionately poor in America.  I just think poor whites should receive some help too.
Flaming_Maniac

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Race equates too class all too often.
True...  blacks and latinos are disproportionately poor in America.  I just think poor whites should receive some help too.
I really don't think there is a law anywhere that says "This skin color has to pay fewer taxes, but this skin color we're going to gank in a mortgage crisis."

When mostly blacks and latinos are the victims of what in reality is a consequence of class and not race, there are going to be a lot of people just waiting to pounce on race as the underlying motivation.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
Congratulations America. Welcome back to the international community.
Wreckognize
+294|6486
Racism is dead?  Are you serious?  Of course it's not dead.  Do you honestly think when Obama got elected all the racists in America had some sudden insight and renounced racism?
Flaming_Maniac

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

Racism is dead?  Are you serious?  Of course it's not dead.  Do you honestly think when Obama got elected all the racists in America had some sudden insight and renounced racism?
racism in politics
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Tell that to some of his constituents.

Lump their comments together and you get 'I'm not voting for Obama because he's black, but because he'll help black people!'

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-11-05 00:51:20)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

When you analyse the numbers, had only whites voted this election, (minus blacks and hispanics) McCain would have won...

I think there is still racism. But thank god Obama made it all the way to the White House.

It's a huge step forward.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
That will happen if Obama deliberately decides to completely put to one side the fact he is black. If that happens, race ceases to be an issue.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

TheAussieReaper wrote:

When you analyse the numbers, had only whites voted this election, (minus blacks and hispanics) McCain would have won...

I think there is still racism. But thank god Obama made it all the way to the White House.

It's a huge step forward.
Goes both ways. If only blacks voted in this election (minus whites), _____ would have won. Wait until he has an opportunity to fulfill whatever promises he made before you judge him too fondly.

Spark wrote:

That will happen if Obama deliberately decides to completely put to one side the fact he is black. If that happens, race ceases to be an issue.
Even if Obama puts it entirely aside, a sizable clump of his constituents won't.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-11-05 01:03:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard