Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Go Magic

because I like Orlando (the town itself)

and to piss off KEN

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

LAKERS in 4.

4th title for Kobe, 15th for the franchise.  Kobe will have a Finals MVP to go along with his 2008 MVP.  Doin' work!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LAKERS in 4.

4th title for Kobe, 15th for the franchise.  Kobe will have a Finals MVP to go along with his 2008 MVP.  Doin' work!
Although that is a possibility, the Magic were very poor last night, and could turn it up a bit in the next match. It wasn't the normal Magic that were on the court last night. They were seriously poor.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Zimmer wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LAKERS in 4.

Although that is a possibility, the Magic were very poor last night, and could turn it up a bit in the next match. It wasn't the normal Magic that were on the court last night. They were seriously poor.
Ya they played like shit (to cut through the bullshit).  However, you have to credit the Lakers defense - Cleveland couldn't match the length of the Magic and had no one to battle Howard's height down low.  The Laker 3 and 4 (Ariza and Odom/Gasol) can gaurd Hedo and Rashard Lewis a lot better than Cleveland could, plus the combination of Bynum/Gasol down low wreaks havoc on Howard's offensive game plan.  That being said, there is no one bar Howard on the Magic that can gaurd Kobe - that's a simple fact.  However, I do expect Dwight Howard to attack the rim and backboard with more ferocity on Sunday, because he really did a piss poor job in that regard in game 1.  I don't see this series lasting more than 5 games max, and I don't think a 4 game sweep is wishful thinking.  The Magic aren't deep enough and relying on two swingmen (Lewis and Hedo) to come through big every night in order to win is a lot to ask.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655

Zimmer wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LAKERS in 4.

yeah lets hope Magic can come back go Magic..... Kobey has 3 rings already he dont need any more...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

No one has been adding to this thread since I've been gone?  WTF?

LAKERS in 5, bitches!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Hm, the draft didn't go as expected.

Ricky Rubio number 5?! What the fuck. He isn't going to stay in the NBA if he doesn't get a transfer. He isn't impressed with the Wolves, and I don't blame him. He's probably the best ever point guard to come ou of Europe and he gets dumped with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

I really hope the hype for Blake Griffin is worth it, because it would be so stupid if he doesn't actually perform. Thabeet is a fucking monster. 2.10?! Jesus christ.

Should be an interesting rookie year.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I feel bad for Blake Griffin..
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5434|Athens, GA

Zimmer wrote:

Ricky Rubio number 5?! What the fuck. He isn't going to stay in the NBA if he doesn't get a transfer. He isn't impressed with the Wolves, and I don't blame him. He's probably the best ever point guard to come ou of Europe and he gets dumped with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

I really hope the hype for Blake Griffin is worth it, because it would be so stupid if he doesn't actually perform. Thabeet is a fucking monster. 2.10?! Jesus christ.

thats how the draft works bud
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5606|Vacationland

Zimmer wrote:

What do you propose we do? Give the Lakers the top pick so all the good players can be on the good teams and be happy?  If he doesn't want to play their he can just complain and ask for a trade, only down side to that is he might end up looking like Chad Johnson
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ph1shman420 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

thats how the draft works bud
That's not what I meant from what I was saying. Ricky was expected to be 2 or 3 pick, but instead was 5th. Ricky would have loved to go to the Oklahoma City Thunder or the Memphis Grizzlies, but instead was put with the T'Wolves. I know how the draft works and I love the idea, but I'm just gutted Ricky didn't get what he wanted.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5434|Athens, GA
why the fuck would he have loved to go the the thunder or grizz over the twolves? theyre all equally bad
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ph1shman420 wrote:

why the fuck would he have loved to go the the thunder or grizz over the twolves? theyre all equally bad
Well, the Grizzlies because Marc Gasol is there, and the OKC.... Well, I dunno. I'm just quoting him.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5434|Athens, GA
oh ok then. either way hes still fucked
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ph1shman420 wrote:

oh ok then. either way hes still fucked
Haha, indeed. Although, the Rockets are interested in him, which would be really interesting.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5434|Athens, GA
i hope the hawks make some offseason moves
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Yao's done for next season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a … ;type=lgns

I'd bet he's gonna have to retire.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6642

what a pussy
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Zimmer wrote:

Rubio isn't that great of a point guard yet.  He is young which means he has plenty of potential - and that is what the T'Wolves had in mind when they drafted him.  He isn't going to be an immediate impact player, and probably won't even get many minutes in his first year.  He turns the ball over way too much, he can't score consistently, plus he doesn't have much experience playing against his new peers - he didn't work out against any other draft players like most college draftees did, plus the Euro league he plays in doesn't quite have the talent the NBA does (although those leagues are getting more and more competetive every year).  Don't get me wrong, Rubio is quick and can defend and has great court awareness and the previously mentioned tremendous upside but he's far from being the best point guard in the league (or even in the draft).
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655

Poseidon wrote:

Yao's done for next season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a … ;type=lgns

I'd bet he's gonna have to retire.
yea its hard for a big man to heal, or its not as easy, he is a better overall player than dwight howard,
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Gooners wrote:

what a pussy
Grow 2 feet and break your foot and I'd like to see you heal fast.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Ron Artest to the Lakers!

Champions just got a little stronger.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6642

Poseidon wrote:

Gooners wrote:

what a pussy
Grow 2 feet and break your foot and I'd like to see you heal fast.

He broke his ankle and dislocated it at the same time, he was back within a year. I'm sure that other bloke will be back.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5434|Athens, GA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Ron Artest to the Lakers!

Champions just got a little stronger.
so gay
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Rubio pulls a bitch move and stays with his Euro team.  What a fag.  Hedo agrees with the Blazers, Phil Jackson is back for the Lakers and Ariza is suiting up for the Rockets.

It's a few days into the offseason and already some serious moves

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard