Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6348
Hey guys!

I need another toy and after your great input regarding my mousepad (the exactmat is teh burn0r ) I thought I come to you again.

My first payment from my new job should arrive soon, so I wanna buy me an Mp3 player. Never needed one before, cause I had a car. But now I moved to vienna and there´s no car for me. And my mobile, which I used before on the rare occasions when I needed a player, does not suffice anymore, especially concerning handling.

2 preconditions:

1st - It shall not be an apple!!!!
2nd - I must have a touchscreen and as few buttons as possible. Cause buttons are so yesterday...

Thanks in advance!!

Sisco10

~edit~ Forgot, I kinda focused on the Samsung Yp-p2 so far ~edit~

pls dont mind the weird english in some of those sentences. It´s late and i´m tired and i´m tired..

Last edited by Sisco10 (2008-10-29 16:41:46)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone
Well I got myself this:
http://www.shop.bt.com/productview.aspx … ;InMerch=1
What I like:
-charges by 90% in matter of minutes
-good sound
-radio
-very light
-good bass

What I don't like:
-need to use WM player to put files on it
-small screen
-fuzzy menu

Overall I recommend it, sound is most important
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Madiz
is back
+26|6761
https://regmedia.co.uk/2008/07/14/creative_zen_xfi.jpg
http://ee.europe.creative.com/products/ … mp;listby=
tbh, too bad it doesnt have touchscreen
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone
All the small players don't have touchscreen. I take it you don't need the smallest player there is
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6695|Devon, England
Either this, or if you don't care for Wi-Fi, save yourself money and get the cheaper version.

All in all, go for a Zen.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5936|Somewhere out in Space

Sisco10 wrote:

2nd - I must have a touchscreen and as few buttons as possible. Cause buttons are so yesterday...
good luck with that
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6637

Zune
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

Gooners wrote:

Zune
theme
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Brasso
+1,549|6635

The main iPhone/iPod Touch competitors out there.

I really don't see what's wrong with iPods though, I love my Touch more than any piece of tech I've ever had (perhaps, just perhaps I love my Copperhead a little more).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Defiance
+438|6675

Samsung P2
Cowon D2 (The one I use. 16GB flash and expandable, very small)

Creative, MS, Apple... open up folks.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5721|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have a YP-T10 and lovin it so far.

Not a touchscreen, but the buttons are under the same clear plastic and they're touch sensitive.

and the Bluetooth is
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

If you want sound quality and versatility over that touchscreen, consider a Sansa e270. They have nothing short of incredible sound, especially with custom firmware.

For example, they can power a pair of passive 2.5" computer speakers (and not just some crappy ones, they were about 50€ back in 99) to the brink of blowing, without even sounding bad.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Defiance
+438|6675

Freezer7Pro wrote:

For example, they can power a pair of passive 2.5" computer speakers (and not just some crappy ones, they were about 50€ back in 99) to the brink of blowing, without even sounding bad.
What speakers? I'm having a hard time believing that a portable player will power a couple non-amped speakers to blowing.

Edit: Or, any idea of the mW output of the player? I can't find that info on it.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-10-29 22:33:12)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

Defiance wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What speakers? I'm having a hard time believing that a portable player will power a couple non-amped speakers to blowing.

Edit: Or, any idea of the mW output of the player? I can't find that info on it.
The element wattage per speaker was 4W and 8Ω. I don't know what the output is, but that thing is seriously powerful with custom firmware.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Benzin
+576|6003
I don't know why you got something against Apple. They do make good mp3 players and you get a lot for your money. When it comes to size and whatnot, they really are the best. Now their computers ... well ...
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

Karma wrote:

There was no Euro in '99!
No, but I doubt many people would get it if I said 300FIM.
Sisco
+493|6348
Wow, thanks for the input so far!

.Sup wrote:

All the small players don't have touchscreen. I take it you don't need the smallest player there is
Size actually doesn´t matter this time. I can be a bit bigger if it fits a nice screen

I had that one in my hand. The sister of my friends girlfriend got one. Nice design and the buttons have a great touch, but no touchyscreeny.

haffeysucks wrote:

The main iPhone/iPod Touch competitors out there.
I really don't see what's wrong with iPods though, I love my Touch more than any piece of tech I've ever had (perhaps, just perhaps I love my Copperhead a little more).

CapnNismo wrote:

I don't know why you got something against Apple. They do make good mp3 players and you get a lot for your money. When it comes to size and whatnot, they really are the best. Now their computers ... well ...
Wow, although nice and shiny, they might bring a bit to much. I need no internet and such. and a lot of buttons.

The reason I don´t want an apple is because you pay more than you get. Plus, if somethings broken, you pay a fortune to get it fixed. If you fuck up the sd slot for example. A colleague of mine recently fucked up the one on his iphone and a new shell alone costs 170€, exluding shipping and service.

And then there is Itunes.
My girlfriend uses a nano (the old ones without display) and I´m not running through the same struggles she had. Windows-based Drag and drop, nothing wrong with that.

Defiance wrote:

Samsung P2
Cowon D2 (The one I use. 16GB flash and expandable, very small)

Creative, MS, Apple... open up folks.
That one looks like a hot competitor. Not as stylish as the samsung, but with way more features. Gotta look into that a bit more.

TheDonkey wrote:

I have a YP-T10 and lovin it so far.

Not a touchscreen, but the buttons are under the same clear plastic and they're touch sensitive.

and the Bluetooth is
I had that one in my hand at the local store. Nice, and the buttons are the same my handy features, a samsung SGH-U700.
And bluetooth is pretty awesome. I will use the player mainly while doing sports and the less cable the better. Plus I can link it up with my phone, so it automatically stops playing once i get called
Sisco
+493|6348

Freezer7Pro wrote:

If you want sound quality and versatility over that touchscreen, consider a Sansa e270. They have nothing short of incredible sound, especially with custom firmware.

Actually I´m not that ambitious when it comes to sound quality. But I am when it comes to looks.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

Sisco10 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Actually I´m not that ambitious when it comes to sound quality. But I am when it comes to looks.
Then get a coloured brick. Function should always go over form when it comes to things like this, that'll only sit in your pocket.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-10-30 03:22:55)

Sisco
+493|6348

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Then get a coloured brick. Function should always go over form when it comes to things like this, that'll only sit in your pocket.
But when I need to decide wether to get a decent functional device with excellent looks or a highly functional device with average looks I´ll go with the first.
It´s the emotion coming along with the looks, that´s highly important in those things, not pure specs.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland

Sisco10 wrote:

iPod Touch.
Sisco
+493|6348

kylef wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

iPod Touch.
no
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

Sisco10 wrote:

kylef wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

iPod Touch.
no
Those pretty much the options there are.
Benzin
+576|6003

Sisco10 wrote:

Wow, although nice and shiny, they might bring a bit to much. I need no internet and such. and a lot of buttons.

The reason I don´t want an apple is because you pay more than you get. Plus, if somethings broken, you pay a fortune to get it fixed. If you fuck up the sd slot for example. A colleague of mine recently fucked up the one on his iphone and a new shell alone costs 170€, exluding shipping and service.

And then there is Itunes.
My girlfriend uses a nano (the old ones without display) and I´m not running through the same struggles she had. Windows-based Drag and drop, nothing wrong with that.
I am talking about a Nano or a Classic. Or pick up a lightly used (or new) 5G Video on eBay.

I've had my 5G 30GB since October of 2006. I've dropped it and it's been through who knows how many airports and with me on the train who knows how many times. I got it for $249 back then. You can get a Classic with 60GB (or is it 80? I forget) for the SAME price today. Look at any other player out there that has that kind of functionality and you'll be hard pressed to get that small size, that much storage and that wonderful functionality. The main iPod will take a beating and will still continue to work. I've had a rubber sleeve on mine since day 1 and use an arm band with it all the time and it still looks new when I take it out of the case.

Personally, though, I think you're being a bit of a fashion whore with this stuff. You want looks over functionality. I also think your obsession with touchscreen is a bit ... well, dumb. If you don't want one with Internet and all that stuff (like a Touch), then the touchscreen is really just a useless option and you're paying for only being able to say that you have it. Save some money and get a lot more for your cash.

iTunes is great, though. I love it. I moved all my music there like a month BEFORE I got my iPod and edited all the tags and stuff to make it nice and neat and it's perfectly fine. The playlist building is great and it's a wonderful program. Drag and drop is lame if you can't create your own custom playlists in a flash like you can with iTunes.

But I still hate Apple's computers ...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

I just bought a 120gb apple classic (6th gen.) and it's great. Hold's 40gb of my music, and the rest I use to hold full length movies. You can find a quick dvd to ipod converter and your laughing. You can even convert avi, mpg, whatever else etc.

Why do you need a touch screen? Hating apple isn't going to help you if you want a touch screen music player. lol And there isn't much need for one, in a music player.

If you want movies I'd suggest an ipod classic. They are hard disc based though, so don't go jogging with one.

And as Nismo said, if you can put up with sorting your id tags in itunes for a bit, after than your whole library is perfect and how you want it set up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard