RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6579|Area 51
Well just, like leave? Everyone knows its just an ongoing drag, so just gtfo there?

Last edited by RDMC (2008-10-25 06:07:17)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6425|'Murka

usmarine wrote:

Snake wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

I bet some of them would like it if the US pulled out (just as some would not like it).  Thing is, its their country, their problem.  Not the problem of the US.
That's funny, last time I checked, the invading countries created the problem in the first place by not preparing for the aftermath of the invasion. So yes, it is our problem, and yes, it is our responsibility.
Our Governments are taking responsibility for our their actions, whether we like it or not.
A) How do you prepare for the aftermath?  Do you think you can stop suicide bombers?  Not without a soldier every 5 feet.  You would need like 100 billion soldiers.

B) Something people forget.......the US DID consult with iraqis about the aftermath.  Less you forget there are tons living in the US and other countries since the first gulf war.

C) We tried to rebuild things in a timely matter, but other arabs (mostly not iraqi) keep blowing shit up.  Who's fault is that again?
Facts are inconvenient. You must stop using them.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

usmarine wrote:

A) How do you prepare for the aftermath?  Do you think you can stop suicide bombers?  Not without a soldier every 5 feet.  You would need like 100 billion soldiers.

B) Something people forget.......the US DID consult with iraqis about the aftermath.  Less you forget there are tons living in the US and other countries since the first gulf war.

C) We tried to rebuild things in a timely matter, but other arabs (mostly not iraqi) keep blowing shit up.  Who's fault is that again?
A) By thinking through as many eventual outcomes as possible and planning remedial actions for each potential eventuality. The US evidently believed the 'grateful' Iraqis would run lovingly into the arms of the invading troops. Someone should perhaps have explored eventualities other than the rose-tinted one.

B) Ah, because Iraqis living in the US would be directly impacted by the US invasion and didn't have any ulterior motives.... People like Ahmed Chalabi....

C) Oh so I geuss the Mehdi Army and disaffected Ba'athists are from the Czech Republic... Where is your statistical justification for the 'mostly not iraqi' claim?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina
I still wonder why we haven't secured some of the oil wealth for ourselves.  We really should.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

Turquoise wrote:

I still wonder why we haven't secured some of the oil wealth for ourselves.  We really should.
You forced them to liberalise their oil market only allowing them exclusive rights to a certain number of oil fields. A veiled securing of their oil wealth...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-10-25 11:00:45)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

You forced them to liberalise their oil market only allowing them exclusive rights to a certain number of oil fields. A veiled securing of their oil wealth...
Good point...  Well, I guess we know who really profits from this war.
FEOS
+1,182|6425|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The Iraqis have exclusive rights to each and every oil field in their country.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

A) By thinking through as many eventual outcomes as possible and planning remedial actions for each potential eventuality. The US evidently believed the 'grateful' Iraqis would run lovingly into the arms of the invading troops. Someone should perhaps have explored eventualities other than the rose-tinted one.

B) Ah, because Iraqis living in the US would be directly impacted by the US invasion and didn't have any ulterior motives.... People like Ahmed Chalabi....

C) Oh so I geuss the Mehdi Army and disaffected Ba'athists are from the Czech Republic... Where is your statistical justification for the 'mostly not iraqi' claim?
A)  ya, thats what we beleived.  shut the hell up.  i was there for the invasion, i know what we were told.  good god put down the bbc and stop spreading your filth.

C)  where have you been.  fucking search because it has been shown many times.

go take pictures of something with your hardass pose or something.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-10-25 12:59:13)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6543|Global Command

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

A)  ya, thats what we beleived.  shut the hell up.  i was there for the invasion, i know what we were told.  good god put down the bbc and stop spreading your filth.

It must be exhausting to spend so much effort defending a failed policy authored by thieves and charlatans.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

ATG wrote:

It must be exhausting to spend so much effort defending a failed policy authored by thieves and charlatans.
erm...what?

i am defending the facts.  sorry mr. tinfoil nutter.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-10-25 13:35:08)

PureFodder
+225|6300
It's their country. Have a national vote in Iraq and let them decide when we leave. Give them some of that democracy thing we promised them.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

PureFodder wrote:

It's their country. Have a national vote in Iraq and let them decide when we leave. Give them some of that democracy thing we promised them.
are you awake?

we are doing that.
PureFodder
+225|6300

usmarine wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

are you awake?

we are doing that.
No we aren't.

There hasn't been a referendum to allow the Iraqi people to directly decide directly when we leave which we will be forced to go along with.

That's the right way to move forwards. Currently we're offering them various proposals which they keep on rejecting as they aren't what they want.
FEOS
+1,182|6425|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

usmarine wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

are you awake?

we are doing that.
No we aren't.

There hasn't been a referendum to allow the Iraqi people to directly decide directly when we leave which we will be forced to go along with.

That's the right way to move forwards. Currently we're offering them various proposals which they keep on rejecting as they aren't what they want.
That's not the way representative government works. The Iraqi government is working out the details of the SOFA. It's up to them, not us.
― Albert Einstein

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6641|Canada

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Pack things up and leave.  Let them to fuck themselves, nobody cares.
Dead Wrong. There are over 150,000 US Armed Forces members that I would love to see you say that to their face. We do care, you obviously dont so STFU. Fucking bitches.

OP: The Iraqis will be asking us to pick up and leave the major security to their forces. Only a few places where we are actually the main force. Patience really is a virtue. Pray for patience, I dare you.
I didn't mean nobody cares about the Armed Forces, I meant nobody cares about Iraq.  Fuck 'em, let them fix themselves.
why should they have to fix what the americans did? that makes no sense man. americans fucked it all up for the iraqis. 655,000 more iraqis have died than wouldve if it was just saddam.
FEOS
+1,182|6425|'Murka

destruktion_6143 wrote:

655,000 more iraqis have died than wouldve if it was just saddam.
I don't know what you're smoking, but it's potent as hell.
― Albert Einstein

MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6181

PureFodder wrote:

Its their country, let them defend it for themselves.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6120|eXtreme to the maX
Only with a small number of Iraqis sympathetic to the idea of being US puppets, since rejected by the Iraqi people.

And this is what Ahmed Chalabi has to say about you now
"America betrays its friends. It sets them up and betrays them. I’d rather be America’s enemy. "
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

ya the guys a douche nozzle, so is most of those who sided with him and gave us the wrong info.

cant say we didnt ask about it.  and this idea we thought we would be greeted with hugs and kisses is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.  i was there in 2003, we were told no such thing.  in fact, quite the opposite.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

We've been there too long. No question. The rebuilding process has been hampered and hindered by Iraqi's, by insurgents, by bad contractors, etc.

The best thing to do now is leave. Training more Police isn't a great option, it takes time and the recruiting stations are a choice target for bombers.

There should be enough Iraqi Police to train other Iraqi Police by now, surely.

If the country turns on itself after a withdrawal it's almost inevitable and I don't think something the US forces could have prevented anyway. A three state solution isn't going to work without a lot of effort and money nobody is willing to deal with. Let alone the Iraqi's. You'll always have sectarian violence, if three states are implemented now, today, you'd see some areas with Govt. buildings, some with electricity, some with sanitation and the areas without it will retaliate violently.

Pull out, let them train and recruit police, let them re-build. It should at least stimulate the civilians with getting work rather than just hurling rocks at passing tanks.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

A) You were there in 2003? I thought you served in Gulf War I? 'Spreading my filth'? I made a simple statement of military planning fact. The kind of planning Sun Tzu had put into text some 2000+ years ago. I don't need any BBC to give me a grasp of logic and military forethought.

C) Prove it Einstein. There are foreigners engaged in the insurgency in Iraq - but a majority? Prove it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

A) What?

C) I don't care what you think.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

usmarine wrote:

A) What?

lewl
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6300|eng

usmarine wrote:

A) What?

The classic usmarine arguement.
#rekt
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

Mint Sauce wrote:

usmarine wrote:

A) What?

The classic usmarine arguement.
no.  THIS HAS BEEN COVERED WAY TOO MANY TIMES.  So go back to JD little man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard