stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

i think the new system is bogus. i mean, you dont have to do crap, and you get points. i believe that each commander should have an ecaluation at the end of the round, coovering things that happened under your command, such as flags capped, units lost, best squad, etc. make a commander WORK for his 2x score.

a "analysis" might look like this"

https://img24.imageshack.us/img24/944/comm6sh.gif

if you get a good mission rating, you get the 2xcore, and mabye more even, if not, you get the score you originally had.
E^9.Guarnere
+1|6694
thats nice man it is possible but gotta talk to ea
RDMC_old
+0|6741|Almere, Holland

stryyker wrote:

i think the new system is bogus. i mean, you dont have to do crap, and you get points. i believe that each commander should have an ecaluation at the end of the round, coovering things that happened under your command, such as flags capped, units lost, best squad, etc. make a commander WORK for his 2x score.

a "analysis" might look like this"

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/944/comm6sh.gif

if you get a good mission rating, you get the 2xcore, and mabye more even, if not, you get the score you originally had.
Wont work..
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6845|Cheshire, UK

RDMC wrote:

Wont work..
Nice evaluation!
Heffty
+9|6773|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think the problem would be solved this way. It would be nice if there was some sort of way to find out if players are actually playing. Something like when you're doing online banking...and you don't click around enough, it will automatically log you out. Well I say if a player is dead still for more than 2 minutes the server should automatically kick that player. There must be some way to do it. That way you wouldn't have guys sitting in a anti-air unit, or a ground defence unti.

Commanders have a hard time as it is though...they shouldn't be too cramped down on. Most people don't follow orders and you can work your ass off a whole round...build them a 50 point lead and they can screw up and lose on you. For the times you get that extra 2X I think you deserve it. Like I say...that inactive kick thing would work best.
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6779
A lot of servers have this if they are using the BF2CandCdaemon, it will kick you for being idle.  Some of them are too short though, I have been kicked for being idle because connecting takes so long.  After I connect, open my unlocks and pick a spawnpoint, I sometimes get kicked for idle
4lter_3go
+1|6751|Leighton Barracks, Germany

stryyker wrote:

i think the new system is bogus. i mean, you dont have to do crap, and you get points.
NEW system ??????
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6749|St. Paul, MN
this 'bogus' system is far more complex than you can imagine. believe me the game doesn't need a new system.
Heffty
+9|6773|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Why should we believe you?
OpsChief
+101|6681|Southern California
When I saw the commander mode I went out and bought the game because alot of my friends were into BF2. I was and still am a Real Time Strategy gamer primarily and this new FPS/RTS combo game gave me a chance to team up with them and use my RTS skills too.  I think this idea is good for the discussion about what the next RTS/FPS combo game might do.

Most of the people who play BF2 are shooter gamers and maybe see the commander mode differently. The solution is to determine what real commanders do and how they do it and what credit, if any, they get for real operations. Then engineer that into the commander mode.

Stryyker what you are trying to do is first determine whether a commanders actions contributed to the team performace or not. That is a great idea. I think it is far mor complicated that doing individual action calculations unfortunately. By it very nature the role of commander is synergistic. The pure team player. This is not true of squad leader, platoon leader level but when you get to "command" level the only tool available is teamwork! The supply crate should get heal/resupply/repair points but at a reduced rate.

I think that there should be a completely separate system, or a "command track" in BF2. Your command scores and individual scores are not combined. If you get an artillery kill it goes into your command track, if you kill with a knife as commander it goes into your command track. Nothing you do as commander gets added to your individual score.  With that in place the next thing is to give commander's the tools of command, i.e., task organization, orders, additional communication tools and more manuever graphics to help communicate the battle to the squads. There should be a way to credit all commanders in a round. I have been kicked out of command in the last five minutes when it was obvious we were going to win, without vote, by admins so they could command. They were uh "challenged" in that role but still got the 2x points for my efforts.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-01-24 11:27:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard