Total: 101
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

DBBrinson1 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I voted via absentee ballot for Obama.
As did my bro and I for McCain.

*edit:  Michigan?  Dude, your state is f'ed up.  And it was done by liberals...  Why would you want more of that?
That dude is a lady.
13rin
+977|6481

The Sheriff wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I voted via absentee ballot for Obama.

*edit:  Michigan?  Dude, your state is f'ed up.  And it was done by liberals...  Why would you want more of that?
That dude is a lady.
Ha.  My bad.  Rare for BF2s.... Dudette, your state is f'ed up.  And it was done by liberals..    Why would you want more of that?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
I am probably voting for Barr.

Neither of the mainstream candidates shares my political views.  McCain is definitely closer, but I don't agree with a lot of his stances and don't want a hardcore conservative VP either.

Obama is just horrible in my opinion.  Sure he has a great image, is a wonderful speaker, and all, but I despise his political stances, for the most part.  He has Joe "Banning guns is an idea whose time has come" Biden trying to claim they support the 2nd Amendment.  The whole "Let's spread the wealth" via government force idea doesn't sit well with me.  A "constitutional scholar" claiming "...just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right..." scares the crap out of me!  So, I have this guaranteed right, but the government is allowed to take it away...?!  He stated he wants to slow the development of future weapons systems (thanks buddy, we really like fighting on equal terms with our enemies!)  Plus a host of others.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

That dude is a lady.
Ha.  My bad.  Rare for BF2s.... Dudette, your state is f'ed up.  And it was done by liberals..    Why would you want more of that?
How do you know\think it's fucked up?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13rin
+977|6481

TheAussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

That dude is a lady.
How do you know\think it's fucked up?
I've lived there.  And the economy is in the toilet.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6345|tropical regions of london
Ron Paul
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Not Sarah Palin.
God Save the Queen
Banned
whoever GS is voting for
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL
i am in Illinois, and will be voting Obama
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

God Save the Queen wrote:

whoever GS is voting for
can't go wrong with that logic

i'd also vote for obama because i'm from euro land and we all like him here
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

i'd also vote for obama because i'm from Earth land and we all like him here
fix'd.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
God Save the Queen
Banned
too bad mccain is gonna win it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Republicans are particularly bad for global stability.
What is Obama going to do different?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

There is at least a slim chance he won't be as antagonistic, patronising, imperialistic and needlessly tension-raising. It's a slim chance but it's the only chance we've got...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-10-22 16:39:52)

13rin
+977|6481

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

There is at least a slim chance he won't be as antagonistic, patronising, imperialistic and needlessly tension-raising. It's a slim chance but it's the only chance we've got...
You mean like making off the cuff remarks like attacking Pakistan? Only thing I'll cede in your post is that he is "slim chance".
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You mean like making off the cuff remarks like attacking Pakistan? Only thing I'll cede in your post is that he is "slim chance".
Well for a start Obama has been consistently more conciliatory than McCain on foreign affairs and seems to be more into global 'parity of esteem'. Another thing he's got over McCain is that he isn't a member of the most fiscally irresponsible party possibly on the planet. At the end of the day it's about the lesser of evils.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-10-22 16:56:10)

13rin
+977|6481

CameronPoe wrote:

Well for a start Obama has been consistently more conciliatory than McCain on foreign affairs and seems to be more into global 'parity of esteem'. Another thing he's got over McCain is that he isn't a member of the most fiscally irresponsible party possibly on the planet. At the end of the day it's about the lesser of evils.
He was wrong about the troop surge.  He was wrong on the Georgia conflict.  He has ties to a Kenyan leader involved in ethnic cleansing.  Sorry War ain't cheap, especially when you have to use fancy laser guided shit so as to minimize the civilian casualties.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

He was wrong about the troop surge.  He was wrong on the Georgia conflict.  He has ties to a Kenyan leader involved in ethnic cleansing.  Sorry War ain't cheap, especially when you have to use fancy laser guided shit so as to minimize the civilian casualties.
I think it was Biden who said it would have the opposite effect.

Cam my point is that both the candidates are similar in regards to foreign policy. The real deviations come on the domestic front.. which I guess could be argued as impacting the rest of the world also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6655|pimelteror.de
Whoever Votes 3rd Parties, votes for McCain. Sure it sucks to only have two Options, but don´t waste your Votes and help the wrong people. Think of all the Votes that Nader got and helped Bush!
Brasso
+1,549|6632

and there you have it...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Wrong on troop surge? American soldiers should be safe home right this very minute, not pissing around in Iraq. The US are trying to negotiate an extended stay that the Iraqis evidently want little/nothing to do with given the difficulties with this latest 'agreement'. Why are the hawks so desperate to stay? As for ties to Kenyan leaders? Sounds like something Fox pulled out of their ass. Obama's a bourgeouis Chicago quasi-white lawyer - he ain't no 'homeboy'. He likes suits and gala dinners, just like the rest of the political hacks. As for Georgia - Saakashvili got what was fucking coming to him: rule 1 - don't fuck with Russia. He started it, he should fucking fix it. Giving unscrupulous Russia a decent pretext to respond military is like cutting your testicles with razorblades for fun.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-10-22 17:34:45)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

That is true Cam. But he was wrong on the results.. they are two important points. In Bidens case he voted for the war (ok bad call) and told us the surge would increase violence (ok bad call). Again, I just don't see much in the way of foresight.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6481

CameronPoe wrote:

Wrong on troop surge? American soldiers should be safe home right this very minute, not pissing around in Iraq. The US are trying to negotiate an extended stay that the Iraqis evidently want little/nothing to do with given the difficulties with this latest 'agreement'. Why are the hawks so desperate to stay? As for ties to Kenyan leaders? Sounds like something Fox pulled out of their ass. Obama's a bourgeouis Chicago quasi-white lawyer - he ain't no 'homeboy'. He likes suits and gala dinners, just like the rest of the political hacks. As for Georgia - Saakashvili got what was fucking coming to him: rule 1 - don't fuck with Russia. He started it, he should fucking fix it. Giving unscrupulous Russia a decent pretext to respond military is like cutting your testicles with razorblades.
Actually it was Obama (somewhat recently after the troop surge) in a closed door meeting with Iraqi officials trying to circumvent the President and get them to with drawl on his timetable (later than the one set).

Don't agree with the Kenyan link.  It's there.  The guy who broke the story was banished from Kenya as well.  He has e-mail correspondence from the two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raila_Odin … l_election

I personally wouldn't peck a fight with Russia if my nation was a "tad" weaker, but hey Bama mentioned that both countries needed to show their strengths.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Undecided...no matter what GStQ says.

But I'm going to have to decide in the next few days to get my absentee ballot off in time.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6641|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard