Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
"Remember I said it standing here, if you don't remember anything else I said," Biden continued. "Watch, we're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … est-obama/

Why would Biden say this?
topal63
. . .
+533|6714
It's either freaking stupid ... or true.

____
Edited for French.

Last edited by topal63 (2008-10-20 10:37:30)

13rin
+977|6475

Stingray24 wrote:

"Remember I said it standing here, if you don't remember anything else I said," Biden continued. "Watch, we're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … est-obama/

So the change they speak of is crisis?  Great.... Biden is a dolt.  The crisis is probably Israel bombing the nuke facilities in Iran.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Biden is a liability to Obama's campaign. I've said it over and over here.
ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
Isn’t this an argument for electing someone with more experience?

https://i33.tinypic.com/1078ev6.jpg
Good job Joe.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stingray24
One would think so.  I don't know what angle Biden is trying to play here.
13rin
+977|6475

Kmarion wrote:

Biden is a liability to Obama's campaign. I've said it over and over here.
ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
Isn’t this an argument for electing someone with more experience?

http://i33.tinypic.com/1078ev6.jpg
Good job Joe.
So apparently whatever the conflict/crisis is, we're going to defy policy and procedure?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Stingray24
Paraphrase: "It's going to look like we majorly screwed the pooch, but just trust us ... we know what we're doing."
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

OMG 911 part 2!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
Isn't there a crisis .... right fucking now!?
Stingray24
Biden seems to be referring to a new one ...

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy," said Biden to a roomful of donors.

They?  What do you know that you aren't telling us, Joe.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-10-20 11:17:12)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6645|Washington DC

Stingray24 wrote:

Because ...

(a)  Colin Powell endorsed Obama
(b)  Obama has hinted at top job for Colin Powell
(c)  The last time Colin Powell had a top job (as Secretary of State), he was in the middle of getting us into this whole Iraq crap, and failed to really establish an international coalition or to diplomatically resolve any issues internal to the Iraq situation ... and, he ended up getting fired by Bush.

The people Obama continues to associate himself with ...

CameronPoe wrote:

85% media hype
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551

OrangeHound wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

85% media hype
Tell that to someone from Iceland.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
No fucking shit?

Is this like, surprising to you? No matter WHO is in office we're going to have a crisis.

Do people not like that Biden is .... -gasp-, telling the truth?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Is it really that odd a thought that a crisis will present itself during his first 6 months ?

I read the article as Biden means if we see a crisis Obama will handle it because he is capable, nothing negative towards Obama imo ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
Built in excuses... lmao... it's already begun...Joe Biden is a nice guy but is a moron
... Obama said today he doesn't have nightmares about losing... he has nightmares about winning...
That's comforting...   4 more years of blaming Bush because Obama isn't ready...
Love is the answer
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Hmm. Now is he basically saying that Obama will face a crisis, because of just who he is/his policies. Or is he assuming that Obama is going to be the next president and is simply saying that the next president (who he so confidently thinks will be Obama) will face a serious crisis that will test them to their limits.

Dunno how to interpret it.
Commie Killer
+192|6383

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Hmm. Now is he basically saying that Obama will face a crisis, because of just who he is/his policies. Or is he assuming that Obama is going to be the next president and is simply saying that the next president (who he so confidently thinks will be Obama) will face a serious crisis that will test them to their limits.

Dunno how to interpret it.
I think he is saying Obama will face a foreign relations crisis because of his lack, or supposed lack(I'm not picking sides here), of foreign relations experience.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Biden would say it... because its true?
Stingray24
Ok, so it's true.  Why would he specifically mention a "generated international crisis" such as JFK dealt with?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6831|Kubra, Damn it!

Sounds to me like he's softening us up for some unpopular actions. That way when it comes time to make these unpopular decisions, we'll be expecting it and won't necessarily put up a fight.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6339|tropical regions of london
its an inside job
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

No one knows more about international politics than Biden...just ask him.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

No one knows more about international politics than Palin... she can see Russia from her house.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6339|tropical regions of london
no one knows anything
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

No one knows more about international politics than Palin... she can see Russia from her house.
Did she ever claim to be an expert on international politics? Must've missed that one.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard