MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6191|Schofield Barracks
It was one of the best feelings ever. It went the Color guard. Then the Drill team (they were great). After that it was the Raider Team (I'm thin that). We looked badass in our ACUs. Then the unarmored Drill Team in the back. All four groups were all synced with the marching. One of the best parts was whenever someone yelled go east we all yelled hooah. We had alot of people come up to us after and say we looked great. One of the things i remember was an old man with a Veteran hat on and he was saluting us. I wanted to salute him back but we can only salute people in JROTC. I was nervous as fuck before because that was the first time i was actually going to march in a large formation (we had our entire battalion). I was kinda mad because we didn't have a banner and only people that went to the school new who we were.
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Wow thats amazing!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5698|College Park, MD
That sounds pretty cool. I really wish my school had JROTC
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
Well done mate :>
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

Very cool
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
I've seen my friend do some drill practise in some Air Cadets thing she goes to. Does look pretty cool when all goes well.

Some drills are fucking amazing.

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
And to add to the thread on the 22 me and 5 other cadets (i hate saying cadets) are going on a C-130 flight and were gonna get a tour of the air base and abunch of other cool stuff. JROTC is ftw.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
Coolies, sounds fun.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

And to add to the thread on the 22 me and 5 other cadets (i hate saying cadets) are going on a C-130 flight and were gonna get a tour of the air base and abunch of other cool stuff. JROTC is ftw.
My dad got to fly in a C-130 once. It was in some Central American country... air transportation is ghetto there. No comfy jets to fly journalists from one place to another, you get to go in a big cargo plane
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6391|The Gem Saloon

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

thats awesome man.
bring a camera and get some pics if you can...
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Speaking of C-130s, imagine using this to wash your car:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/C-130J_Hercules_cleaning.jpg/800px-C-130J_Hercules_cleaning.jpg

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-10-13 16:08:48)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Parker wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

thats awesome man.
bring a camera and get some pics if you can...
i gonna get pics. At the airshow they would fly so low over us and i was like damn i wanna fly in one. And now is my chance.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467
The best thing about this thread is that, for a few seconds in FFLink's video, the formation vaguely resembles a swastika.

Seriously, marching?

Cool.

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO

FFLink13 wrote:

I've seen my friend do some drill practise in some Air Cadets thing she goes to. Does look pretty cool when all goes well.

Some drills are fucking amazing.

Heh, my dad was in The Regiment (in about 1985 i think), i'll have to ask him if he was ever involved in anything like that.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6460|cuntshitlake

Uzique wrote:

The best thing about this thread is that, for a few seconds in FFLink's video, the formation vaguely resembles a swastika.
Nazi swastika points to different direction.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6477|Purdue
I had to march when I was in JROTC. Decided not to take it this year, because all LE4 does is help the MI (we have Marine Corps at my school) teach LE1. I was the drill team in LE2 and 3, and I did most of the color guards (Parades, basketball games, other special events). Had to march in the Homecoming parade, Ball State's homecoming parade, and a parade we have on Martin Luther King day. I was in the Armed Exhibition competition drill team in LE2. It was pretty cool. Got to do tosses and spins during the parades. Couldn't take that in LE3 though, because of schedule conflicts. Kinda wish I had stayed in it though. I got up to Captain by the end of LE3. There were two other captains besides me, and then the CO who was a Major. Our drill team is pretty good though. We win a lot of trophys.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Goven wrote:

I had to march when I was in JROTC. Decided not to take it this year, because all LE4 does is help the MI (we have Marine Corps at my school) teach LE1. I was the drill team in LE2 and 3, and I did most of the color guards (Parades, basketball games, other special events). Had to march in the Homecoming parade, Ball State's homecoming parade, and a parade we have on Martin Luther King day. I was in the Armed Exhibition competition drill team in LE2. It was pretty cool. Got to do tosses and spins during the parades. Couldn't take that in LE3 though, because of schedule conflicts. Kinda wish I had stayed in it though. I got up to Captain by the end of LE3. There were two other captains besides me, and then the CO who was a Major. Our drill team is pretty good though. We win a lot of trophys.
the room we have class in has all of the walls full of trophies.
im only a let 1 :[. does your school have a raider team?

Last edited by MAGUIRE93 (2008-10-13 16:44:55)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6477|Purdue

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Goven wrote:

Don't know what that is tbh :b
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Goven wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Goven wrote:

We go to competitions and do land navigation stuff and sit ups, push ups running, and other stuff like that. Im in Army JROTC idk if Marines has it.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6477|Purdue

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Goven wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

We go to competitions and do land navigation stuff and sit ups, push ups running, and other stuff like that. Im in Army JROTC idk if Marines has it.
Ah, the school our SMI used to teach at had that, but he didn't want to start it up here because there's not really enough people interested. If we did have it I'd prolly join it but w/e. We did get to go to Parris Island for a week though. That was fucking . Got to drill there, go on the obstacle courses and rappel. Burnt my hands like fuck >.< Drill Sergeants were cool, never yelled at me, but it was incredibly hard not to laugh when they were yelling at other people. Also, the food there was win. I'd go there again just for that.

Closest thing we have to that is JROTC Olympics between us and Central's AJROTC (Our rival school across town). We just do PT things though, like push ups, sit ups, running, etc and it's once or twice a year.

Last edited by Goven (2008-10-13 16:55:19)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Goven wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Goven wrote:

Ah, the school our SMI used to teach at had that, but he didn't want to start it up here because there's not really enough people interested. If we did have it I'd prolly join it but w/e. We did get to go to Parris Island for a week though. That was fucking . Got to drill there, go on the obstacle courses and rappel. Burnt my hands like fuck >.< Drill Sergeants were cool, never yelled at me, but it was incredibly hard not to laugh when they were yelling at other people. Also, the food there was win. I'd go there again just for that.
damn that sounds awesome.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK
What's JROTC?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6340|tropical regions of london
The military for high schoolers
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

wah1188 wrote:

What's JROTC?
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps
The#1Spot
+105|6536|byah
Sadly the JROTC at the HS I graduated from was made up of mostly fags and butch lesbians.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard