Defiance
+438|6671

Whiplash wrote:

I've never had a girlfriend and I'm in 11th grade. What to do?
Think of something fun to do with another person that allows you to talk to the other. Preferably outside (good weather) unless she's the type that likes the indoors more.

Got it? Next, invite whomever you fancy to do it.

Winston: It may work if you're not picky, but if you have someone you like then you can't wait for them to come to you. They never will, or they'll get taken before.

Last edited by Defiance (2009-02-23 20:08:40)

Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5781|Central Texas
Well I'm picky and pretty shy. Horrible traits.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

Whiplash wrote:

I unno bout the shy part but:

Pickyness ...

just look at

ass + face

if its there then u have a winnar

if not, NEXT

nawmeenn
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

Whiplash wrote:

I feel like a loser though. Most of the people I know aren't virgins.
You don't have to go and have sex to be "cool".

I'm nearly 18 and still a virgin, but have no issues with it. I could go get it on with a ton of girls, but none of them meet my standards. I see no reason to settle for less.

There's plenty of ways to get over being shy.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Damn, seems my post got buried >.<

TheDonkey wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

The girl will almost never take the initiative to set up another date unless you have been going out for a while, so it's up to you. I don't think wording is really going to make or break you here (unless you come off like a stalker), if she had a good time the first date she'll come along. Although you should make an  effort to be assertive as to not should you unconfidence. Just give her a call in a couple days and make your move.

/random guy on gaming forum.
^^
This.
Just man up, walk up to her and say,
"HEY! YOU. ME. SATURDAY NIGHT. MOVIES. BE THERE."
Or just be normal and ask her if she wanted to hang out again. Say you had a fun time blah blah blah.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, totally different schools we go to.

So casual walk-by's are out(although it would make this so much easier)

And the first 'date' wasn't really a date...? Was it...? It WAS just the two of us, but a date?
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5781|Central Texas

Bevo wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

I'm nearly 18 and still a virgin, but have no issues with it. I could go get it on with a ton of girls, but none of them meet my standards. I see no reason to settle for less.

Yea, true. I have really high standards. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Btw where do you live in Texas?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

TheDonkey wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Stimey wrote:

^^
This.
Or just be normal and ask her if she wanted to hang out again. Say you had a fun time blah blah blah.

And the first 'date' wasn't really a date...? Was it...? It WAS just the two of us, but a date?
Don't say "date". The term is irrelevant. The point is, she's showing signs that she likes you. Don't cling. Wait a bit, be casual, ask her out.
Defiance
+438|6671

Whiplash wrote:

I'm in 11th as well, and have been pretty shy most of my life. I've been trying very, very hard to break out of that shell and what's helped me so far is getting a job. Simple, retail, something where you talk to people that you don't know at all. Once you're comfortable with smalltalk and responding to whatever random crap the other person says, you're there.

If you're looking to get laid because all your friends are doing it, it's stupid and you're going to waste your time catching a crazy one. Work on your confidence until you find someone you like and then ask them out.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

Defiance wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

I've never had a girlfriend and I'm in 11th grade. What to do?
Thank of something fun to do with another person that allows you to talk to the other. Preferably outside (good weather) unless she's the type that likes the indoors more.

Got it? Next, invite whomever you fancy to do it.

Winston: It may work if you're not picky, but if you have someone you like then you can't wait for them to come to you. They never will, or they'll get taken before.
I dont mean wait for them to literally ask you out, but just have some general interest in you, talk to you, hang out with you at a party or something... that kind of thing
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5781|Central Texas
I was thinking about getting a job over the summer, that actually sounds like it could help.

@Winston if you were referring to me, well, I don't go to any parties.
BL4CKL10N
+66|6283

Defiance wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

I'm in 11th as well, and have been pretty shy most of my life. I've been trying very, very hard to break out of that shell and what's helped me so far is getting a job. Simple, retail, something where you talk to people that you don't know at all. Once you're comfortable with smalltalk and responding to whatever random crap the other person says, you're there.

If you're looking to get laid because all your friends are doing it, it's stupid and you're going to waste your time catching a crazy one. Work on your confidence until you find someone you like and then ask them out.
Well said.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto

TheDonkey wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Stimey wrote:

^^
This.

Any alone time that lengthy with a girl you are not officially dating or calling mother counts as a first date generally speaking. The not being able to have a casual walk-by is a good thing actually, now you don't get a chance to try and be cool and pass it off like nothing. You want her to know your intentions, and if having to make a direct pitch for a date is your only option you can't really mess it up. Plus you can play the cute awkward angle at the same time. Use what you got.

-Pochsy
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5933|United States
lol, i'm a senior and haven't had a girlfriend or much really intimate contact with a girl. Like everyone in my grade has had sex, so it's a pretty shitty situation. All the girls that hit on me are not that good looking, and the girl I currently like is just  wierd. She'll talk to me in class, or outside if we're with other people, but she seems to want to steer the conversation in the friends zone. we go to a private school, her parents are big shots, she may be looking for that perfect wealthy guy or something. My confidence is alright, my game could be worse, but I don't know what I'm gonna do. Every day in the senior lounge I admire those people who are pretty much standup comedians--they can entertain all they long. But me, I just may be retarded.I don't even feel sorry for myself, I think I just don't care anymore strangely enough.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto

argo4 wrote:

lol, i'm a senior and haven't had a girlfriend or much really intimate contact with a girl. Like everyone in my grade has had sex, so it's a pretty shitty situation. All the girls that hit on me are not that good looking, and the girl I currently like is just  wierd. She'll talk to me in class, or outside if we're with other people, but she seems to want to steer the conversation in the friends zone. we go to a private school, her parents are big shots, she may be looking for that perfect wealthy guy or something. My confidence is alright, my game could be worse, but I don't know what I'm gonna do. Every day in the senior lounge I admire those people who are pretty much standup comedians--they can entertain all they long. But me, I just may be retarded.I don't even feel sorry for myself, I think I just don't care anymore strangely enough.
That is not an entirely bad attitude to have. As soon as you realize you need to play to your own strengths and not imitate what you see girls will find your confidence attractive. It is the same reason the jerk-offs who don't play sports and have no discernable intelligence seem to get girls (not always best quality, but hey). I guarantee sex with a random is not nearly as enjoyable as actually finding someone you get along with, only because there is post sex anxiety involved otherwise. Eg.// Did i do it right? Was it good for her? Will she tell her friends? etc.

Last edited by Pochsy (2009-02-23 20:34:10)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5933|United States

Pochsy wrote:

argo4 wrote:

That is not an entirely bad attitude to have. As soon as you realize you need to play to your own strengths and not imitate what you see girls will find your confidence attractive. It is Same reason the jerk-offs who don't play sports and have no discernable intelligence seem to get girls (not always best quality, but hey). I guarantee sex with a random is not nearly as enjoyable as actually finding someone you get along with, only because there is post sex anxiety involved otherwise. Eg.// Did i do it right? Was it good for her? Will she tell her friends? etc.
tru dat, but i feel myself ranging into the area of apathy, like i know sex is alright and shit, but i just dont care. I'm not depressed or anything, but i guess right now im just working on being interesting/exciting in general
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto
I wouldn't call it an issue until you find yourself sitting on a bean-bag chair eating doritos off your beer gut in your mom's basement at the age of 30 really. I go through periods of low sex drive too, nothing abnormal about it.
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

TheDonkey wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

The girl will almost never take the initiative to set up another date unless you have been going out for a while, so it's up to you. I don't think wording is really going to make or break you here (unless you come off like a stalker), if she had a good time the first date she'll come along. Although you should make an  effort to be assertive as to not should you unconfidence. Just give her a call in a couple days and make your move.

/random guy on gaming forum.
^^
This.

That wa a good thing, you showed her you two can have a good time and it wasnt under the high pressure situation of an official date.
If a girl has agreed to hang out just the two of you, she is most likely interested
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

Bevo wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

Lol virginity means nothing. Some people choose to be virgins, for some its just the opportunity hasnt presented itself. The ones that let the fact they are virgins bother them are the ones that will struggle to get girls. Hell i was a virgin until my first year of uni, I was 19, but it never bothered me, I didnt struggle with confidence or to get girls, cos by that age I'd already pulled upwards of 35 girls. Since I lost my virginity about a year n a half ago, I've slept with 9 girls. I think part of the fact that i found it so easy to get girls was the fact i didnt let the fact i was a virgin bother me, it meant remarkably little to me
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Whiplash wrote:

Go hire a hooker - solves both problems.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

bennisboy wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

Lol virginity means nothing. Some people choose to be virgins, for some its just the opportunity hasnt presented itself. The ones that let the fact they are virgins bother them are the ones that will struggle to get girls. Hell i was a virgin until my first year of uni, I was 19, but it never bothered me, I didnt struggle with confidence or to get girls, cos by that age I'd already pulled upwards of 35 girls. Since I lost my virginity about a year n a half ago, I've slept with 9 girls. I think part of the fact that i found it so easy to get girls was the fact i didnt let the fact i was a virgin bother me, it meant remarkably little to me
Pretty much how I feel. I have no confidence issues, I know I'm a pretty decent looking guy and have a great personality. I just don't really fit with the whole high-school scene (have sex, brag, do drugs, drink, brag, be a doucher, feel insecure, be a bigger doucher). I'm almost sure I'll be getting loads of options and offers in college.

Anyway this topic isn't about me, I don't have girl problems . The TL;DR is it doesn't matter if you're a virgin or not, just attempt to be social and you'll get there eventually.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada

bennisboy wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Stimey wrote:

^^
This.

That wa a good thing, you showed her you two can have a good time and it wasnt under the high pressure situation of an official date.
If a girl has agreed to hang out just the two of you, she is most likely interested
So what would Bennis recommend atm then? Parker and that other guy(Aussie?) said to wait till she calls me, but Pochsy says to call and ask HER out again. And all my IRL friends are saying to just ask her out.(But not specifying how or when(I don't think any of them know the entire story from front to back, just pieces).
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
I cant believe im actually going to ask for help in this thread but whatever..

Last week i met this girl from new jersey who was staying at her grandparents house who lives right down the street from me like 3 houses. She messaged me on myspace asking if i wanted to hang out or something cuz she was really bored with nothing to do here. 4 hours later im making out with her in my room, it was the first time i ever kissed a girl, well not the first time the first REAL time every other time ive kissed a girl its been when we were both shitfaced and the only reason we know about it is because ppl tell us. She left the next day, ive called, texted her, and messaged her on myspace n shit but she hasnt answered me back its almost been a week. I asked her if she wanted to start talking, like as in starting a relationship...

IDK why she hasnt answered me back its pissing me off its been a week.... did she just want me to be a weekend thing or something?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Last week i met this girl from new jersey who was staying at her grandparents house who lives right down the street from me like 3 houses. She messaged me on myspace asking if i wanted to hang out or something cuz she was really bored with nothing to do here. 4 hours later im making out with her in my room, it was the first time i ever kissed a girl, well not the first time the first REAL time every other time ive kissed a girl its been when we were both shitfaced and the only reason we know about it is because ppl tell us. She left the next day, ive called, texted her, and messaged her on myspace n shit but she hasnt answered me back its almost been a week. I asked her if she wanted to start talking, like as in starting a relationship...

IDK why she hasnt answered me back its pissing me off its been a week.... did she just want me to be a weekend thing or something?
Same thing, back off.  You're looking desperate doing that which isnt good at all
phishman420
Banned
+821|5682
ya dude if shes not answering, shes probably not interested. youve done your part, so its up to her now

plus long distance shit NEVER works

Last edited by phishman420 (2009-02-24 18:31:07)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

Winston_Churchill wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Same thing, back off.  You're looking desperate doing that which isnt good at all
i don't get it
if you don't actively seek them out, you're not doing enough
if you actively seek them out, you're being clingy/desperate

fuck women
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard