bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
To the guy who met that girl from cali.

You look forward to talking to her more than your gf, cos she's new n exciting. Its one of the reasons people cheat, they get bored, they want something new. Dont worry bout it, in a few days/ a week, you'll forget about this other girl n get bk to the gf.

I have to say, cheating actually saved one of my relationships, I was getting bored n considering breaking, cheated n had my one night of new fun. Then was happy with my gf again having satisfied my need for something new
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
(embarrasing)

Okay, long long long story short, how does one "chase" a girl? I'm more of the nice guy friends --> talk --> relationship kind of thing. This girl I've liked for about half a year flat out told me she likes to chase guys. We've been on a few dates but nothing's happened.

I did stop texting her for a while, and was going to surprise her at her workplace, but she wasn't there. I ended up telling her which in retrospect was probably a bad move. The guys she goes after are always better looking and much dumber (surprise surprise), so I'm not really expecting a miracle. I am sure that she likes spending time with me though, and her family likes me a lot too.

Cheers.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

MadKatter wrote:

(embarrasing)

Okay, long long long story short, how does one "chase" a girl? I'm more of the nice guy friends --> talk --> relationship kind of thing. This girl I've liked for about half a year flat out told me she likes to chase guys. We've been on a few dates but nothing's happened.

I did stop texting her for a while, and was going to surprise her at her workplace, but she wasn't there. I ended up telling her which in retrospect was probably a bad move. The guys she goes after are always better looking and much dumber (surprise surprise), so I'm not really expecting a miracle. I am sure that she likes spending time with me though, and her family likes me a lot too.

Cheers.
Art of Seduction.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6684|West Yorkshire, U.K

Cybargs wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

(embarrasing)

Cheers.
Art of Seduction.
Just like your DP Cyborg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

Cybargs wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

(embarrasing)

Cheers.
Art of Seduction.
I would "make a move" as it were, but I'm going to be spending the next 4 years with her, we're going to the same college. Plus we're pretty close, like this isn't some casual thing that can be fucked up and done away with.
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|5999|USA
Ok I think I should give this a shot.

I like this girl and she's in one of my classes.  I'm in the "friend" zone and I don't really see how it can progress to the gf zone.  Also, my best friend also has a crush on this girl.  I've known him for a long time, been childhood friends and stuff.  He has admitted that he likes her and tried to ask her out, but some bad timing problems and other things screwed that chance up.  He still hasn't gotten over her and is still trying.

This obviously is a pretty bad time to like her right now.  But we both know that we like her so it seems like it's just a matter of who gets her first.  Do you guys have any advice?

Thanks.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

pirate7474 wrote:

I like this girl and she's in one of my classes.  I'm in the "friend" zone and I don't really see how it can progress to the gf zone.  Also, my best friend also has a crush on this girl.  I've known him for a long time, been childhood friends and stuff.  He has admitted that he likes her and tried to ask her out, but some bad timing problems and other things screwed that chance up.  He still hasn't gotten over her and is still trying.

This obviously is a pretty bad time to like her right now.  But we both know that we like her so it seems like it's just a matter of who gets her first.  Do you guys have any advice?

Thanks.
Pretty common scenario. A little bit more backround would be nice though.

How old are you, how close are you and your mate, is he the jealous type?

I'd say go for it. If he's a close mate, he'll probably come around, or understand. May not be at first, but will come around to it.

Also leaving friend zone, going to girlfriend zone is common too. The easiest way is to ask her to a social event with a bunch of common friends, or a party or summat. That way you can get to know her better, talk to her outside of school etc. You could just go straight for the kill, just ask her out on a date, but for gods sake not dinner and a movie. Or you could be subtle and talk to her more often, get her phone number, text her, whatever. That will move itself.

You can browse this thread for more of stuff like I said, it's full of it.

GL

ed: my spidey senses tell me you're around the age of 15 and he's the jealous type.

Last edited by MadKatter (2009-01-26 17:38:13)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

MadKatter wrote:

pirate7474 wrote:

Thanks.

I'd say go for it. If he's a close mate, he'll probably come around, or understand. May not be at first, but will come around to it.

Also leaving friend zone, going to girlfriend zone is common too. The easiest way is to ask her to a social event with a bunch of common friends, or a party or summat. That way you can get to know her better, talk to her outside of school etc. You could just go straight for the kill, just ask her out on a date, but for gods sake not dinner and a movie. Or you could be subtle and talk to her more often, get her phone number, text her, whatever. That will move itself.

GL

ed: my spidey senses tell me you're around the age of 15 and he's the jealous type.
I don't understand why dinner an a movie gets such a bad rap. I've done that a couple times now with the girl I've been seeing and we're probably going to start officially dating soon.  Some movies also provide some good opportunities for uhh, later discussion...
I live downtown in a pretty big city so there's really not much option of creative stuff to go out to do, especially since I dont have a car down here.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I don't understand why dinner an a movie gets such a bad rap. I've done that a couple times now with the girl I've been seeing and we're probably going to start officially dating soon.  Some movies also provide some good opportunities for uhh, later discussion...
I live downtown in a pretty big city so there's really not much option of creative stuff to go out to do, especially since I dont have a car down here.
That's different.

If you want to ask a girl out on a first date, then go into a dark theatre where you're not really talking or getting to know each other, it's pretty counterproductive. It's not bad for an ongoing relationship for several reasons, but asking a lady friend if she'd like to spend her first date with you in an environment not conducive to you know, communication, is bad. On many levels.

The whole goal is to create some kind of emotional connection, which requires communication in some form or another. A movie won't get that done.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

MadKatter wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

That's different.

If you want to ask a girl out on a first date, then go into a dark theatre where you're not really talking or getting to know each other, it's pretty counterproductive. It's not bad for an ongoing relationship for several reasons, but asking a lady friend if she'd like to spend her first date with you in an environment not conducive to you know, communication, is bad. On many levels.

The whole goal is to create some kind of emotional connection, which requires communication in some form or another. A movie won't get that done.
Yeah, I suppose.  The first time we went out we just hung out at my residence for a while, went to dinner and came back to my res for a little longer.  Though my most creative date idea was I got her to come out and do a No Pants Subway Ride prank with me   Haha, it made us a lot more comfortable around each other, shame it doesnt happen more often.
Thats something I would really recommend though, check out if there is an Improv Everywhere division or something like that where you live, they have some really fun events that you can use as a date idea.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

TheDonkey wrote:

Ok, so I might as well post here for once,

Couple days ago,i was on the bus to school(this was after school, I got to skip that day, but had to go there to do lighting work after.), and a couple stops in, some really popular girls get on, now, I'm not AT ALL popular, i always get chosen last in PE, I'm almost always odd one out in group projects, etc etc, but at school, these girls've always shown a common hate for me, like everyone else, YET, when they got on the bus, they all said 'Hey', all smiling, as if we've always been friends,
Say "I dont talk to fake ass sluts sorry"
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Couple days ago,i was on the bus to school(this was after school, I got to skip that day, but had to go there to do lighting work after.), and a couple stops in, some really popular girls get on, now, I'm not AT ALL popular, i always get chosen last in PE, I'm almost always odd one out in group projects, etc etc, but at school, these girls've always shown a common hate for me, like everyone else, YET, when they got on the bus, they all said 'Hey', all smiling, as if we've always been friends,
They were taking the piss out of you im afraid donkey
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|5999|USA

MadKatter wrote:

pirate7474 wrote:

Thanks.

GL

Whoa.  That's pretty good.  I am 15 and my friend and I are basically really close.  I guess he will accept it eventually.  The three of us (me, my friend, and her) are all really good friends but I would say he is a bit closer to her than me.  I don't have a cell phone (really sucks to be me) but it would still be a bit awkward calling her.  Also, she doesn't have texting either.

I have been browsing this thread, so I know I don't exactly want to sound needy because that will totally ruin it.  That's what my friend did when he was desperate.  He admitted he liked somebody to a person, and it started spreading around.  Eventually it was almost impossible for her not to find out and I think it was too late by then.  He admitted it to her and I think he got that "instant eww" thing.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6259|B.C. Canada

bennisboy wrote:

To the guy who met that girl from cali.

You look forward to talking to her more than your gf, cos she's new n exciting. Its one of the reasons people cheat, they get bored, they want something new. Dont worry bout it, in a few days/ a week, you'll forget about this other girl n get bk to the gf.

I have to say, cheating actually saved one of my relationships, I was getting bored n considering breaking, cheated n had my one night of new fun. Then was happy with my gf again having satisfied my need for something new
I wish all girlfriends could understand this. If they just let us out of the cage once a year atleast, it would be all good.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

pirate7474 wrote:

Whoa.  That's pretty good.  I am 15 and my friend and I are basically really close.  I guess he will accept it eventually.  The three of us (me, my friend, and her) are all really good friends but I would say he is a bit closer to her than me.  I don't have a cell phone (really sucks to be me) but it would still be a bit awkward calling her.  Also, she doesn't have texting either.

I have been browsing this thread, so I know I don't exactly want to sound needy because that will totally ruin it.  That's what my friend did when he was desperate.  He admitted he liked somebody to a person, and it started spreading around.  Eventually it was almost impossible for her not to find out and I think it was too late by then.  He admitted it to her and I think he got that "instant eww" thing.
Make sure that he doesn't think you're removing him to get to her. That's unforgivable. Also, don't do it in front of his face, but not behind his back either. If that makes sense. Don't rub it in his face or hide it intentionally, both could end up very bad.

It's touchy. You have to balance yourself well. Especially is scenarios where all 3 of you are present, make sure to include both of them. If he asks you of your intentions, or it happens to be a good time, make sure you tell him that you like the girl but don't want to step on your friendship.

Anyway, I'm sure you can think of some excuse to get her number. Just spend more time with her etc and you'll get more comfortable with it.

Best of luck. Best part is you're still young - you can look back on it as the best decision of your life, or a good choice, or a learning experience. Because hell, you don't want to look back asking "what if I had more balls".
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

MadKatter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

(embarrasing)

Cheers.
Art of Seduction.
I would "make a move" as it were, but I'm going to be spending the next 4 years with her, we're going to the same college. Plus we're pretty close, like this isn't some casual thing that can be fucked up and done away with.
Seduce/ Attract (I'd say go for attraction, they are two very different things). Then score, then move on to a realtionship. Give that girl a bit of graet sex.

Fuck first, then ask a girl to be your gf.

I know it sounds like what a player would do, but its not. This method will get her more likely to be your gf, since if you do it right, creates more of a bond.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Gooners wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

I totally managed to play it off like it was nothing though (and in my head, I didn't really see it as much.)

So yeah, I assumed it;d be highly unlikely that we're suddenly friends and that they'll act any nicer at school, but I do think that I have changed since the day my rep got established, it's just yet to wear off.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

TheDonkey wrote:

Gooners wrote:

I totally managed to play it off like it was nothing though (and in my head, I didn't really see it as much.)

So yeah, I assumed it;d be highly unlikely that we're suddenly friends and that they'll act any nicer at school, but I do think that I have changed since the day my rep got established, it's just yet to wear off.
Talk only when asked for your opinion, or is a general group discussion, give less than needed amount of talk. You'll see your rep start to rise.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Cybargs wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Talk only when asked for your opinion, or is a general group discussion, give less than needed amount of talk. You'll see your rep start to rise.
I should also note that these girls belong to a group of people that I want little to do with, I have other 'friends', and that'll come in handy for trying to get in with them.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
I saw the girl I like in school while I was in the hallway, and I did a chin-up on the doorway in the hallway just for fun and then when I dropped down, I was looking at her as she finished her sentence to her friend, and she was looking at me and I heard her say: "Because as soon as you say you love them, it all goes down hill"

I've told her that I loved her before on 2/15/08 (I didn't know you weren't supposed to do that at the time)

What could/does this mean?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

_j5689_ wrote:

I saw the girl I like in school while I was in the hallway, and I did a chin-up on the doorway in the hallway just for fun and then when I dropped down, I was looking at her as she finished her sentence to her friend, and she was looking at me and I heard her say: "Because as soon as you say you love them, it all goes down hill"

I've told her that I loved her before on 2/15/08 (I didn't know you weren't supposed to do that at the time)

it means you sound like a loser. no offence.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Most refuse temptation to post my own bawwww in the bawwww thread.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5933|United States

Aries_37 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

hire a prostitute
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

Most refuse temptation to post my own bawwww in the bawwww thread.
You might as well do it..
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

Aries_37 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

None taken.  But srsly, help?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard