Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York
GI described your heel as being a "BFG". After playing through today, I'd have to agree.

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/C … 225BFC.htm

Very fair score and very on pace, as usual for GI.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Playing through chapter 2 was fun as hell and SCARY as hell too. You get your first taste of Zero G jumping, 0 Oxygen areas and stronger enemies. I have to say, some of the quick time events are fucking crazy. When you get to the babies-turned-necromorphs and you get into a button mashing event with them, if you win, you tear off their limbs, crush them with your foot and then PUNT THEM. So sick. Then another quicktime event with this stingray-looking thing towards the end resulted in my stepping on the body and pulling the torso off. Holy shit.

So yeah, 2/12 chapters done in about 1:45. Not bad.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Holy shit. Just completed chapter 5.

Semi-spoilers below, but nothing huge.

So, you have to go and fix the air ventilation system...2 incredibly thrilling/heart racing parts in this. One time, this bad guy who's like, totally embracing his new Necromorph overlords kills the air supply. So you've got about 100-120 seconds (depending on your air canister supply) to run to the home base (which I like to call it...usually is right after you get away from the tram station, and has a store, supplies on the ground and a save station) and turn the oxygen back on. Then, there's several times where you have to run away from this one necromorph that the bad guy conrols...which doesn't die. It keeps regenerating body parts. So you finally get toward the end and you have two Necromorph babies to fight off as WELL as the indestructible Necromorph. You kill the babies (I let them get onto me so I could punt them, lulz), and then trap the indestructible Necromorph in a cryo chamber, rush to a separate, outside room, press a button...and freeze it/ship it off somewhere. THAT was the thrilling moment. My heart was racing like fuck, but it was so worth it. So now I'm 5/12ths of the way through.

I'm probably gonna trade it back to either Play N' Trade or Gamestop next week though to help pay for Fallout 3. Not to say it's not a fucking great INCREDIBLE game, but it's only SP and only has like 10-15 hours of gameplay with one ending and not much replayability due to knowing what's going to come out where, as with all horror games.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-10-19 16:06:59)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6759|FUCK UBISOFT

Just acquired it and in all honesty I'm looking at buying it.

10 minutes in and I'm already quite impressed, to those of you questioning whether to buy FC2 or not, don't, go out and get dead space.

PC controls are annoying, as it's a third person shooter, but I have a PS3 controller so I'm fine.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
Watched the GT review, it looks quite good. Might pick it up when it's cheaper. It's SP only so I'm bound to find it for cheap after awhile on playtrade.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
I play this with a wireless Xbox controller and an Xbox-wireless USB device for my PC. That way I get the best of both worlds- stunningly crisp and beautiful PC max-settings, 5.1 surround with Dolby THX and a decent-ish (for my Uni room at least) 24" widescreen monitor combined with the Xbox360 controller that the game is clearly designed for. Playing in third-person with a mouse & keyboard just feels awkward and inefficient.

The storyline seems good so far, although I've only played for about an hour and a half. The atmosphere and action is great, well paced and very scary/suspenseful at times. One of the more genuinely 'scary' (although I don't mean shit-my-pants-scary) games that I've played in the last few years, which is great because all of the self-advertising 'horror' games as of late have been predictable Hollywood-style shitefests.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6758|OctoLand
I installed it but get a message saying "your graphics card does not meet the dead space minimum requirements"

but it does, by a long way.
I know fucking karate
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Glad to see everyone's enjoying it/getting the crap scared out of them like me.

I swear, every time I sit down to play, my stomach goes into knots.

Hell, even when I went to go pick it up it was getting in knots.

No game has ever actually scared me enough to get me worried about actually playing. This has. Guess that's what I get for not being one who was ever into Survival Horror, eh?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6759|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/deadspacescorpionrig.jpg
https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/cfbbbd8f092896f63eb45eed52146a1d0c93601b.png

I has no scorpion rig.

But mine looks better.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-10-25 15:50:32)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Yeah well, I've got no SS function and you have to see my finger smudges on my TV, so it's an unfair fight.

That does look absolutely incredible though. There's always Peng!

Just completed chapter 8 btw.

Got the "Kill the Slug Boss with 50% hull remaining" achievement. Wasn't really as hard as the asteroid one. That was fucking ridiculous, and I didn't even get it. Also - Fuck dividers. Bitches don't know 'bout my ripped blades. You think you can split off into 4 different Necromorphs? Nigga plz, I've seen tits scarier than you.

Hoping to beat it or atleast do 3 chapters tomorrow.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5991|England

Nigga plz, I've seen tits scarier than you.

that made me lol mate

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6688|UK

Poseidon wrote:

No game has ever actually scared me enough to get me worried about actually playing. This has. Guess that's what I get for not being one who was ever into Survival Horror, eh?
I dare you to play Thief 3 specifcally Shalebridge Cradle level.

I completed it but I have not returned to that game because of that level.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

m3thod wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I just watched the trailer for it...doesn't look anywhere near as scary/creepy/eerie as Dead Space has been so far.

Trust me, if that scared you, this will make you projectile diarrhea across the room. I was just telling Miggle how my hands actually get cold when I play and I feel a warming sensation the minute I stop playing. Freaky as hell.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6688|UK

Poseidon wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I dare you to play Thief 3 specifically Shalebridge Cradle level.

I just watched the trailer for it...doesn't look anywhere near as scary/creepy/eerie as Dead Space has been so far.

Trust me, if that scared you, this will make you projectile diarrhea across the room. I was just telling Miggle how my hands actually get cold when I play and I feel a warming sensation the minute I stop playing. Freaky as hell.
Trailer for thief 3 is not reflective of the cradle level.  You have to play the game to be immersed within the story to understand why that level is the work of witchcraft.  It so famous for shitting the life outta you they dedicated a 6 page spead in one of the gaming magazines. 

I highly recommended theif 3 (and all thief games tbh).  It will be dirt cheap now....that's if you like sneaking around and twating people around the head.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-10-25 16:16:25)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Mugen
+19|6016

Poseidon wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

you may want to check this and the subsequent vids:

part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq-z6dyi04
part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8mQNTQCSaU
etc.

and those vids don't even come close to what it's like when playing yourself...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
But isn't that just one level? With Dead Space it's near constant...
Mugen
+19|6016
but it's from 4 years ago, just give it some credit already ^_o

i'm not saying that dead space gets any less scary...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I've never played it, I'm just going off of what I've seen. I can't really give it any credit if I haven't played it.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-10-25 17:45:02)

pvtmoustacheride
5 cents
+11|6619|Iowa, USA

Miggle wrote:

Just acquired it and in all honesty I'm looking at buying it.

10 minutes in and I'm already quite impressed, to those of you questioning whether to buy FC2 or not, don't, go out and get dead space.
Pretty much what I was going to say.  I went out and got both and haven't touched FC2 since starting this one up.  It is very well.

Last edited by pvtmoustacheride (2008-10-25 19:07:33)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Beat it! One of the most epic endings and boss fights ever. That fucker was huge.

Now to return it tomorrow to help pay for Fallout 3.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6592|London
Just started it and it's not exactly scary. Every now and then you get the loud music and some chump jumps out at you only to get it's legs cut off and a stomp in the face. The combat's satisfying as hell though so I've been running around hunting for the buggers to kill. Instead of survival horror this is gonna play out more like deer hunter methinks

One problem with the pc version though, I'm using an xbox360 controller and the deadzones on the sticks are well off. So to aim even small amounts I have to tilt the stick halfway to it's maximum. Not gamebreaking but I'm used to more sensitive aiming in games like halo.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6429|Belgium
Yahtzee picks on Dead Space
Seems like he wasn't too impressed by it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Has any game (besides Portal) EVER impressed him?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6759|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Fantasy world dizzy?

Prince of Persia?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Fantasy world dizzy?

Prince of Persia?
Lemme refine that...

Have any of the MAJORITY of games ever impressed him?

Besides, while he did pick it apart for being kinda bland, it did seem as if he gave it praise for being fun.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6759|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Fantasy world dizzy?

Prince of Persia?
Lemme refine that...

Have any of the MAJORITY of games ever impressed him?

Besides, while he did pick it apart for being kinda bland, it did seem as if he gave it praise for being fun.
as far as his reviews go, that was one of the better ones, yeah.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard