nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I know. I thought it was annoying they made it so complicated, though. the trig on the test was definitely the easiest part, except for the Law of Consines question, since I forgot it. Some of the complex algebra equations were far from easy.
law of cos is pythag theorem - some shit to account for the angle not being right, where some shit = 2abcos(theta)

That's how I remember it anyways. Law of Sines was much easier on that problem though, it gave you all the angles and a side length.

The only algebra problem I remember that I didn't straight up get a solution was I think the very last one with the square. I think I put |x| + |y| = p because that would break down into 4 equations because it has two absolute values. The other answer choices only had one set of absolute value bars so I didn't think they could be right. Didn't have enough time to work the sucker out though.
Yeah, that answer was right. For the triangle one, I tried using the Law of Sines; it failed too. Unless I misremembered it as well.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

nukchebi0 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I know. I thought it was annoying they made it so complicated, though. the trig on the test was definitely the easiest part, except for the Law of Consines question, since I forgot it. Some of the complex algebra equations were far from easy.
law of cos is pythag theorem - some shit to account for the angle not being right, where some shit = 2abcos(theta)

That's how I remember it anyways. Law of Sines was much easier on that problem though, it gave you all the angles and a side length.

The only algebra problem I remember that I didn't straight up get a solution was I think the very last one with the square. I think I put |x| + |y| = p because that would break down into 4 equations because it has two absolute values. The other answer choices only had one set of absolute value bars so I didn't think they could be right. Didn't have enough time to work the sucker out though.
Yeah, that answer was right. For the triangle one, I tried using the Law of Sines; it failed too. Unless I misremembered it as well.
I hope it didn't fail, because I just got an answer choice and moved on.

Law of Sines is (sin(angleA))/side A = (sin(angleB))/side B. If you didn't put your calc back in degrees that might have fucked it up.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
I had it in degree mode, but misremembered the Law of Sines. I thought it was sin(a)/a (as in the sine of the angle over the angle).
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
Dont forget to bring your calculator, I did that.... then I went to walmart or whatever and bought one for the test and returned it after cause "it didnt have the functions I needed it for"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Locoloki wrote:

Dont forget to bring your calculator, I did that.... then I went to walmart or whatever and bought one for the test and returned it after cause "it didnt have the functions I needed it for"
I'd get a fucking zero on the maths if it weren't for mai cal-ca-lay-tah. srsly, despite the fact that the SAT people say you don't need it, you really do if you want to get the answers right.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6481|Purdue

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

I'd get a fucking zero on the maths if it weren't for mai cal-ca-lay-tah. srsly, despite the fact that the SAT people say you don't need it, you really do if you want to get the answers right.
Yea I don't see how you're sposed to find the sin of something without a calculator
Flaming_Maniac

Goven wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Yea I don't see how you're sposed to find the sin of something without a calculator
lol unit circle
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

GGF0RCE wrote:

Goven wrote:

I found a few errors on my test, like one of the answers to a problem was 32, but the choices were 4 8 16 62 64 or something like that. I think I did pretty well though.
It was 62.

What essays did we all get? I got one about whether compromise is always good. I wrote about compromise, oppression, and violence and used the American revolution as an example. (Britain oppressed the colonies, then violence was used to sort it out.)
Docta says it was 64 D:

For the essay I pointed out Versailles as an example of compromise not working, and plea bargains in criminal trials as compromise working

I did fine on writing last time so I don't really care. I just want my math score high.

And yeah I think it was 62. You had to do like, the square of 9.99 minus the square of 6.01 and round it to 62.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-10-04 20:39:11)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Goven wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

lol unit circle
Takes too long and without a calkie it's to easy to fux up.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6481|Purdue

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

Goven wrote:

I found a few errors on my test, like one of the answers to a problem was 32, but the choices were 4 8 16 62 64 or something like that. I think I did pretty well though.
It was 62.

What essays did we all get? I got one about whether compromise is always good. I wrote about compromise, oppression, and violence and used the American revolution as an example. (Britain oppressed the colonies, then violence was used to sort it out.)
Docta says it was 64 D:

For the essay I pointed out Versailles as an example of compromise not working, and plea bargains in criminal trials as compromise working

I did fine on writing last time so I don't really care. I just want my math score high.

And yeah I think it was 62. You had to do like, the square of 9.99 minus the square of 6.01 and round it to 62.
Meh I thought it said integer. Oh well I chose 62 anyways not that big of a deal :b.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Goven wrote:

lol unit circle
Takes too long and without a calkie it's to easy to fux up.
Yea I have a unit circle stuffed in my calc folder, but what Doc said. Takes too long and who's gunna remember it if all you gotta do is push 2-3 buttons on a calculator :b
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
It did say integer. First I tried the square of 9 minus the square of 7 or something like that and got 32... which wasn't an answer lulz.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6481|Purdue

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

It did say integer. First I tried the square of 9 minus the square of 7 or something like that and got 32... which wasn't an answer lulz.
Yea I know what's what I did. I just assumed that it was sposed to say 32 instead of 62 :b
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Goven wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Yea I know what's what I did. I just assumed that it was sposed to say 32 instead of 62 :b
You'd think so... maybe they'll just not count it.
Flaming_Maniac
lawdy lawdy you guys must not have really learned the unit circle then. You should have the nice values (0, pi/6, pi/4 and all their multiples) memorized for sin cos and tan...then it's a simple inverse for sec csc and cot. It's much much faster than a calculator and assuming you get your abc's right most of the time it's more accurate than hitting a wrong button on that icky calculator.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia
I'm curious.. can you guys link me to some sample questions? I wanna know how "hard" this stuff is..
Flaming_Maniac
critical reading math and writing

That's for the SAT I reasoning test anyways, I dunno if they have sample questions for the SAT II subject tests on there. I don't think people would necessarily consider any one of the questions particularly hard, it's just with the shotgun format it's presented in you're bound to miss a few.
mcminty

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

critical reading math and writing

That's for the SAT I reasoning test anyways, I dunno if they have sample questions for the SAT II subject tests on there. I don't think people would necessarily consider any one of the questions particularly hard, it's just with the shotgun format it's presented in you're bound to miss a few.
Hmm, interesting. Yeah, if people found that hard I would lol. If you are interested in what tests I had then take a look here, and go to Maths and Ext 1 (you can also see Maths Ext 2, but I didn't do that subject).
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
Its a tad bit harder under the time constraints.
mcminty

nukchebi0 wrote:

Its a tad bit harder under the time constraints.
Yeah, true I suppose. I saw it was 70 minutes total.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
The whole test is 225 minutes. It is not a fun experience.
Flaming_Maniac
So who all got ganked?

/raises hand
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469
2000 mutha-fukaz!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
Ganked?

Edit: Nevermind, it's what I thought it was.

I wasn't.

Edit 2: Hurricane needs to post his score.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-10-23 16:00:11)

Laika
+75|5944
2130, I'm happy with it.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6444|California
I only did well on the math...at least I'm not going to take it again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard