ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
I myself think a deal can be cut with Iran. During the last 30 years, Iran has gone from a terrorist, revolutionary power to far more rational, calculating regional hegemon. Its belligerence today has more to do with a weakened United States and Israel than with any plans to start World War III.
May I just say to Israel; please don't.
I don't know what Iran has become. I just know we cannot withstand more conflict atm.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/200 … _iran.html
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I bet Crimson Jihad becomes a nuclear power before Iran does.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831
Th Zionazi's have wanted to bomb Iran from as early as 2002

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/nov/05/israel.iraq

here is the guardian article the link is referring to

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/se … estinians1

Last edited by rammunition (2008-09-28 13:02:05)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Israel can do two things. Start a war on Iran that could effectively destroy the already fragile US/World(?) economy. Or just let Iran have the bomb and hope they're not stupid enough to actually use it against Israel (or anyone else). If anything, if Iran did directly or indirectly nuke Israel. Iran would basically be destroyed.

Which would still fuck things up alot.

So they're in abit of a situation here.

Besides, I doubt Israel could end Irans nuclear program using Military means. Maybe they can, I just don't know how they'd do it on their own. I think Iran would be a little too far and maybe more than it could chew. No doubt they have a good set of armed forces but it's still contained within their immediate region.

Guardian wrote:

"The shortest route to Natanz lies across Iraq and the US has total control of Iraqi airspace", the official said. Natanz, about 100 miles north of Isfahan, is the site of an uranium enrichment plant.

In this context Iran would be bound to assume Bush had approved it, even if the White House denied fore-knowledge, raising the prospect of an attack against the US.
Not only that, but it would throw Iraq into an Insurgency like no other, if they found out that the US let Israel use their airspace to bomb Iran.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-28 13:16:01)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Arent we missing one of the florida keys?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I think it's pretty impossible for Israel to destroy Iran's nuclear program on its own. Unless they use their nuclear ballistic missiles and just nuke Iran. Which wouldn't exactly be the smartest thing.

It would probably even make the US and pretty much every other ally of Israel, effectively abandon Israel...

Hmm...

Or, and now I'm really putting my Armchair General badge to good use here. They could bomb Iran using long range ballistic missiles tipped with conventional explosive warheads. But I doubt they'd do the trick, and that'd be mighty expensive, and I doubt they could do that.

Me wrote:

I think it's pretty impossible for Israel to destroy Iran's nuclear program on its own
This
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831
If Iran is attacked, Iraq/Lebanon would become hell and so would all our gas and oil prices.

Israel is pushing its luck with an attack on Iran

Everyone should watch this video

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london
alrighty
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

God Save the Queen wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Arent we missing one of the florida keys?
I've got an AV-8 around here somewhere,

Now we need an Austrian actor supplier

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-09-28 13:45:32)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6518|San Diego, CA, USA
Well if bad economic news helps Obama's chances for president, I wonder if bad foreign policy news helps McCain?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

I'd bet against it.

They already wanted to, but didn't because GWB said he wouldn't support it. Don't think either of the ones competing for the job will support it, either.

Last edited by FEOS (2008-09-28 16:30:43)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616
Maybe if Iran gets some nukes.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
Israel will never bomb Iran.. 10$ on that!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616

Beduin wrote:

They bombed Iraq. That why you only betting $10?
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Beduin wrote:

They bombed Iraq. That why you only betting $10?
How much to you want me to bet?
am a student ffs..
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616
A man whos sure of himself always bets more than he has.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Israel can do two things. Start a war on Iran that could effectively destroy the already fragile US/World(?) economy. Or just let Iran have the bomb and hope they're not stupid enough to actually use it against Israel (or anyone else). If anything, if Iran did directly or indirectly nuke Israel. Iran would basically be destroyed.

Besides, I doubt Israel could end Irans nuclear program using Military means. Maybe they can, I just don't know how they'd do it on their own. I think Iran would be a little too far and maybe more than it could chew. No doubt they have a good set of armed forces but it's still contained within their immediate region.

Guardian wrote:

"The shortest route to Natanz lies across Iraq and the US has total control of Iraqi airspace", the official said. Natanz, about 100 miles north of Isfahan, is the site of an uranium enrichment plant.

In this context Iran would be bound to assume Bush had approved it, even if the White House denied fore-knowledge, raising the prospect of an attack against the US.
Not only that, but it would throw Iraq into an Insurgency like no other, if they found out that the US let Israel use their airspace to bomb Iran.
If Iran gets nukes, they will use them against Israel and USA, If USA gets nuked, the economy would be even worse than if we went to war with them.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6645|Belgium

FEOS wrote:

I'd bet against it.

They already wanted to, but didn't because GWB said he wouldn't support it. Don't think either of the ones competing for the job will support it, either.
Exactly. Israel will never bite the hand that feeds it.
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال
We can have our own betting here in BF2S.

We need a bookie
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Mekstizzle
WALKER

War Man wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Guardian wrote:

If Iran gets nukes, they will use them against Israel and USA, If USA gets nuked, the economy would be even worse than if we went to war with them.
Iran doesn't have the capability to nuke the US (they don't have anything that would reach the US, let alone something(s) big enough to penetrate the defences). Infact I think the only countries that can, that have nukes, is Russia, France and the UK. Maybe China...

If Iran gets nukes, they will use them against Israel and USA
That's a pretty bold statement. They said if Pakistan gets nukes, it would nuke India (and vice versa), did that happen? They said the USSR and the USA would nuke each other, did that happen? And arguably the governments of all these countries have had regimes that were "crazy enough" to do just that. Just like Iran are "crazy enough" to nuke Israel.

I don't think Iran should have nukes, but I guess it would level the playing field. You can't blame them for hating the West so much. They were invaded by the Commonwealth and the USSR in WW2, for oil. Their elected President (or was it PM) was coup'd off by US/UK backed services and a dictator was installed. Then their Iraqi neighbours were supplied with chemical/biological weapons that were used to attack them. Then they've had both neighbours on either side of them invaded and occupied. Not to mention the fact that they're Muslims, which amplifies everything by a thousand. And then there's the whole Israel thing. No shit, they're trying to get nukes...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

War Man wrote:

Wow. Just .... wow.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

War Man wrote:

Are you ten years old or something?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
I was of the opinion the US was struggling to meet its 'two-and-a-half-wars' thing that it could handle...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

Braddock wrote:

War Man wrote:

home schooled.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Parker wrote:

Braddock wrote:

War Man wrote:

home schooled.
lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard