jeffie8696
+1|5694|Iowa, but I miss SoCal
I tried the search thing and got so much stuff back that I didn't understand I was hoping you could help me out. I only play singleplayer and all I would like to do is change the weapons my squad members are allowed to carry. For example instead of the MP5 for my anti tank gunner I would rather see him carry an M4 and no pistol or something. I am looking for the easiest way to do this since I am yes a noob and disabled vet so I need all the help I can get. Fun game, really gets the mind off all my other troubles. Thanks. Jeff
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5718|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I haven;t done this before and am just guessing, but I assume you'd need an SDK to pull it off, here;s a quick link google gave me,
http://www.filecloud.com/file/1975/Batt … v1.3+Beta/

It SHOULD in theory let you modify the files to make the kits different.

Edit: Welcome to Bf2s.

Last edited by TheDonkey (2008-09-27 23:17:34)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
jeffie8696
I did find that thread but I can't say I understood much of what it was saying. It seemed to me that it was oriented towards making a custom multi player scenario. I don't play online partly because I only have just over a 256 connection. And I am on fixed income so I can't afford to pay for any fees associated with online gaming. If my disability doesn't get approved soon I may loose my internet entirely.
Can you explain an SDK? I just noticed the SDK link says single player is not supported.
I have used a damage profile editor in my Combat Flight Simulator but the easy one to work with I can't find anymore(that was a lot of fun, gave my P-40 and P-39 1700HP like they should have had!!!LOL). Thank You for the help.

Last edited by jeffie8696 (2008-09-28 12:48:40)

TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5718|Vancouver, BC, Canada
As SDK Is a Software Developers Kit,

It puts all the background map and mod making stuff into an easy to digest shell, where you can click links to get stuff done, many games come with Map Makers, those are in a basic sense, SDK's that come with the game(they're not Complete SDK's, but still.)

Other than that, I don't have much experience with modding BF2(well none, actually) and now that I think of it, people seem to be "amazed" when someone comes out with a mod that supports Single Player, so yeah, it'll prolly involve modifying core Mod files which I've no clue how to do.
jeffie8696
Thank You for the help. Perhaps this link will help sort out the mods for us noobs so we can adjust the game to our own preferences.
By the way my anti-tank gunner is 6 feet tall and bench presses 220 so he can one hand a G36K like a 9mm. LOL That is why I want to be able to make changes, I KNEW guys like that when I was in the Infantry!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard