SealXo
+309|6536
ending thirty minutes ago, I had confidence in the police department. Until this happened:

I was almost home on a main street, about (5) minutes from home, when I pull up to a white escalade. The escalade is drifting across all FOUR lanes on this main street hitting a curb and almost wiping out a car.
So, I decide to do the right thing and call 911 and report the car, color, and license plate number and my location. Okay, sending an officer, bye bye.

Then, shes turning left onto another main street and I pull up next to her, she is wearing dark sunglasses (its dark outside) and then out to my suprise, she pulls out a bottle of smirnoff and starts drinking away and give ME the THUMBS UP sign. This womans about 45 years old from my view. Well well, I follower her left and it just so happens shes driving into my neighborhood. I follow her in, update the 911 guy when i call back, and give the exact streets in my GATED community to where she is (that only has two gates) where they could have easily come to the gate. Told the exact street to where her house was that she pulled up to.

"Okay okay ive updated them bye"

So this is where it gets fucked up. I pull up about 50 yards away observing her pulled next to this house. And then a blonde milfy looking woman and her FIVE YEAR OLD SON fucking get into the car. She does a Uturn and completely wipes out the curb and runs over a childs bicycle. I call back telling them there leaving the gate going west on the main street she was on a minute ago, I exclaim that she isn't drunk, but ABSOLUTELY shattered and she has a LITTLE BOY in the car, drinking WHILE driving. "okay im sending an update".

Lets see how long since my first call, about 15 minutes, and no cops to be seen.

So i followed her a about 20 minutes through the next citys main streets, calling about 2 times the same 911 guy giving great directions with the crossstreats and her direction.

by now she knows i am following her, because shes driving all over these weird places. She even pulled over and turned the car off a few times, but I wasnt that stupid, because she went on again.

So finally im at these cross street about 35 minutes after ive first called 911, and calling about 4  times updating. In another city, where there are more cops because its a poorer area. Still, no cops.

I call back and give him perfect cross streets, exclaiming she is definately going to kill herself, the child and possibly more people if someone doesn't show up quick. And he repies, in a very almost MAD AT ME voice for being a good citizen.

We don't have cops all over the city to chase this person around all night.

I told him to go fuck himself, hung up, and let her go.
If I turn on the news and 2 woman and a child are dead tomorrow.... ...god im so mad.

So, if "We don't have cops all over the city to chase this person around all night. " then why the fuck did i see Two cops radaring traffic on the way home, and 3 cops eating El Pollo Loco (I went there on my way home, which happens to be about a quarter mile from where i first called)

I feel almost as though i could rob a bank right now and get away with it.

Fuck the Police, they dont care. they say call 911 to report drunk drivers, and they dont give the slighest fuck. I could care less about the stupid bitches life, but when it comes to a little child, i get fucking mad. Fucking pigs.

I know the lady she picked uped's address, and im going to write quite the fucking anonomyous letter to her tomorrow about endangering the life of her child like that. Jesus Christ.

Now that i reread this, it sounds almost to unreal to be true.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-28 09:54:24)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

That's a shitty story, but I'm sure some police do care. Like most things, there's a bunch of dickhead cops too. A guy I know witnessed a hit and run crash involving 3 cars and 1 of the cars sped off. My mate followed him while telling the police where he is, registration number, etc. Nothing happened there either...

Focking annoying.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
That blows. Really horrible. People like that...I don't even know what to think.

Our cops are actually very good. Some of the (if not the highest) best paid cops in the country.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Serve and protect isn't part of their job description... oh wait...
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

What a joke, You must be able to do something to that police station.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX
I know you are furious now, but you are not seeing the whole picture.  I hate to tell you, but your lone report to 911 does not carry as much weight as you think it does. 

I used to work in a 911 call center (but I worked for EMS).  In the area I worked in, Police 911 calls from people were interested mainly in direct threats to life and property.  If there had been multiple people calling, then it may have been another issue.  But if it was just you, then the call most likely went into a queue for an officer to investigate at his next opportunity.  More callers means more reliability; more chance that you are not just a nut caller trying to get your ex-wife in trouble.  If people are in immediate danger, it increases the seriousness of the call.

Also, you don't understand how much those 911 call takers have to deal with.  In some areas, these people each can handle up to 20-60 calls an hour.  That can be as much, if not more than 1 a minute in peak times.  And you have to consider exactly what kind of calls these people deal with.  For all you know, your call may have come in right after the drunk clown called to report that his balloon puppy ran away, and your call interrupted him just as he was trying to place a callback on a woman who just said "They are breaking into my house and coming up the stairs," then hung up.

Also, the police are not a part of a single group.  They are divided into areas where they work; a dispatcher may only know where his handful of units are, and not even know there is a free unit a couple blocks away that another unit may be free to take.  Calls are rated in priorities; your call may not have been enough to trigger a cross-district alert.  The other cops you saw may also have been a part of a seperate, dedicated task force, and not actually "on patrol."

You don't like it?  You want to know how busy the police are?  Why not do a police ride-along?  Most jurisdictions allow members of the public to ride along with officers (with guidelines).  Or send a letter to your local sherriff to ask for clarification.  Look online for local numbers for investigators.  Or turn the lady into CPS for them to possibly investigate.  If she lives near you, get video footage.  Have more eveidence than just your word will carry a lot of weight, and not only increase the chance of a police response, but also of a conviction.

In short, do not assume that what you saw the cops do or not do was the entire story.
SealXo
+309|6536

imortal wrote:

I know you are furious now, but you are not seeing the whole picture.  I hate to tell you, but your lone report to 911 does not carry as much weight as you think it does. 

I used to work in a 911 call center (but I worked for EMS).  In the area I worked in, Police 911 calls from people were interested mainly in direct threats to life and property.  If there had been multiple people calling, then it may have been another issue.  But if it was just you, then the call most likely went into a queue for an officer to investigate at his next opportunity.  More callers means more reliability; more chance that you are not just a nut caller trying to get your ex-wife in trouble.  If people are in immediate danger, it increases the seriousness of the call.

Also, you don't understand how much those 911 call takers have to deal with.  In some areas, these people each can handle up to 20-60 calls an hour.  That can be as much, if not more than 1 a minute in peak times.  And you have to consider exactly what kind of calls these people deal with.  For all you know, your call may have come in right after the drunk clown called to report that his balloon puppy ran away, and your call interrupted him just as he was trying to place a callback on a woman who just said "They are breaking into my house and coming up the stairs," then hung up.

Also, the police are not a part of a single group.  They are divided into areas where they work; a dispatcher may only know where his handful of units are, and not even know there is a free unit a couple blocks away that another unit may be free to take.  Calls are rated in priorities; your call may not have been enough to trigger a cross-district alert.  The other cops you saw may also have been a part of a seperate, dedicated task force, and not actually "on patrol."

You don't like it?  You want to know how busy the police are?  Why not do a police ride-along?  Most jurisdictions allow members of the public to ride along with officers (with guidelines).  Or send a letter to your local sherriff to ask for clarification.  Look online for local numbers for investigators.  Or turn the lady into CPS for them to possibly investigate.  If she lives near you, get video footage.  Have more eveidence than just your word will carry a lot of weight, and not only increase the chance of a police response, but also of a conviction.

In short, do not assume that what you saw the cops do or not do was the entire story.
To points to your response:

(1) they are clearly not to busy if right on the same streets where i called 10 minutes later they are radaring people and eating at el pollo loco.

(2) You're telling me a massivly smashed woman, with a passanger and a 5 year old child weaving in and out and almost hitting about 5 cars with an escalade doing 40 arnd a serious threat to a life?

(3)No, they wern't busy, because it was the SAME guy who answered each and every time after one ring with a almost bored voice

"Are you the guy i spoke to before?"

"....yep... what?"

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-27 20:49:08)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
citizens arrest?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SealXo
+309|6536
If I was the head of neighborhood watch and i reported a black man with a hoodie on there would be cops there in about... two minutes.. and that would just be a lone call and i wonder how fast that shit would respond.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-27 21:00:17)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Following her as you did could have caused her to speed up and do some dangerous stuff to avoid you. I'm surprised that the police didn't do anything though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
good thing she was driving because she sounded way too drunk to walk
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6654
You should have told them Lindsey Lohan was the driver.

You'd have cops AND paparazzi in 5 minutes, tops.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
SealXo
+309|6536

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

You should have told them Lindsey Lohan was the driver.

You'd have cops AND paparazzi in 5 minutes, tops.
true dat
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
Sometimes I feel they don't really care unless someone is going to die. And even then it feels unimportant unless someone did die.
SealXo
+309|6536

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Sometimes I feel they don't really care unless someone is going to die. And even then it feels unimportant unless someone did die.
two drunks and a little boy speeding down 45 in a SUV driving on curbs and almost hitting a bicyclist, im pretty sure its a timebomb. I was waiting for her to run a red and get slammed

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-27 21:37:41)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
Step 1) Call 911
Step 2) Tell them there's a hostage situation involving a heavily armed suspect and a small child and his mother in that car
Step 3) Tell them you saw the driver loading what looked like fertilizer in the trunk of the car
Step 4) Watch the entire police force + the FBI chase down this drunk driver
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SealXo
+309|6536

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Step 1) Call 911
Step 2) Tell them there's a hostage situation involving a heavily armed suspect and a small child and his mother in that car
Step 3) Tell them you saw the driver loading what looked like fertilizer in the trunk of the car
Ill remember that for future reference next time i report a drunk driver.

Oh wait

I give up.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

SealXo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Step 1) Call 911
Ill remember that for future reference next time i report a drunk driver.

Oh wait

I give up.
You have to put on a scared voice too. Hell, say the guy looks middle eastern.

Question: If I call 911 from a cell phone, are they able to find out where I am?

Also this is why I'm a bit of an advocate of vigilante justice and being able to shoot a person who breaks into your house. I know that if I call the cops about a break-in they won't magically appear armed to the teeth with M16s and body armor. Fuck waiting, I'll take the law into my own hands if it's gonna take that long.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-09-27 21:41:09)

MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6168
Don't be a snitch dude.
SealXo
+309|6536

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Don't be a snitch dude.
Are you serious?

http://i35.tinypic.com/wb3py1.jpg

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-27 21:49:02)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Don't be a snitch dude.
Obvious troll is obvious

but on the off chance that you're serious

I hope you get brutally assaulted and robbed by somebody, with witnesses around who don't report it. It should be a crime to not report crime...
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5995|Truthistan
You would have been better off calling the regular police line and not 911. It wasn't really an emergency.
You should have called the local police line, given the description and license and said that if they had a patrol out to tell them to look out for her because you thought she would kill someone. Then the police might have gotten the message. I doubt that the 911 operator reported anything at all.

I once had car(s) speeding about 100 mph on my street, they were so fast I doubt they stopped for the stop signs. After the third pass by the house I called the local police line, ask them to keep an eye out or send patrol by. They asked for my name and address to check if it was a legitmate call and within 15 minutes I counted about 3 patrol cars, or perhaps the same patrol circling. about 30 minutes later they had someone pulled over, I think they actually caught the guy. I don't like snitching but I don't abide by a$$hole$ with cherry bombs racing a 100 mph at 2 am either, and it sounds like your escalade chick was a real a$$hole. But I wouldn't waste my time following her either.
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah
If cops are not going to do their job then the people who have to pay for their lazy asses to drive a 2 ton car to every fast food restaurant they can find we should get a tax break.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I have lost most all respect for LE over the years.

Last edited by ATG (2008-09-28 00:00:59)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
I like police, our police are awesome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard