Yes27%27% - 60
No38%38% - 86
I Don't Care32%32% - 73
I Have A Better One: (please explain)1%1% - 3
Total: 222
DeadJim
+19|6774|Valencia, California

72Wolf- wrote:

In other news, Mayor Ray Nagin has asked EA to develop "BF2:Chocolate".  This new version of the popular Battlefield series would place National Guard troops in a flooded US city up against angry residents and south florida hoodlums (rebels?) that had travelled to the area to lay claim to the area.  EA CEO LAwrence F Probst stated, "Nagin presented a number of truly unique arguments for the sequal, however, the most enticing was when he proclaimed 'this is the way God wants it.'"
Nagan has since apologized for this request....... Apology has been embraced as a complete reparation for the statement by leading Democrats.  Apparently, this being Friday - Apologies actually carry value.

Republicans were unable to respond due to an uncontrolable urge to shake their heads in disbelief.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6732|Antarctica
I just call em vBF2, SF, EF, AF
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6802|Kansas, USA
What is all the fuss about? Vanilla has always been used to refer to something without "extras". However, it might not be used as much outside English (or perhaps the US). Here are a couple of definitions from Merriam Webster dictionary that apply:

vanilla: lacking distinction :PLAIN, ORDINARY
plain-vanilla: lacking special features or qualities :BASIC
Orracle9191
+0|6750|Maryland, USA

fdcp_elmo wrote:

MarkyMark wrote:

hahahah well i feel enlightened thanks but got another question...............armoured fury is that a new booster pack or something? lol I'll stick to vanilla, pudding sucks
yup it is the 2nd booster pack.
you fight in the USA with a lot of armored vehicles.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=22154 wrote:

Battlefield 2: Armored Fury will add three new maps, all set in the rural heartland of America where the US forces defend their homeland from Chinese and MEC forces. This Booster Pack will also introduce two new vehicle classes: Attack Jets with the ability to use rocket pods and cluster bombs, and agile Scout Choppers which will reveal nearby enemies. "Midnight Sun" takes place on the Alaskan border, where Chinese forces make landfall. "Operation Harvest" will take the player to the vast open plains of Pennsylvania where only the expert use of air and armor will assure victory. "Operation Road Rage" sees all-out tank warfare on the freeways of America.
Their is 2 new booster packs? Ive only heard of Euro Force.
FrEaK
+1|6809|Finland
could someone say to me what those IMO and FPS,LMAO and on and on and on.... things mean???
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6858
F.Rabshaw
+37|6708
core bf2 is a better name. vannilla is pretty lame.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6802|Kansas, USA

FrEaK wrote:

could someone say to me what those IMO and FPS,LMAO and on and on and on.... things mean???
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
FPS - First Person Shooter or Frames Per Second
LMAO - Laughing My Ass Off
ROTFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor Laughing My As Off
LOL -  Laughing Out Loud

There are many others...
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6772|Somewhere in NYC

DeadJim wrote:

72Wolf- wrote:

In other news, Mayor Ray Nagin has asked EA to develop "BF2:Chocolate".  This new version of the popular Battlefield series would place National Guard troops in a flooded US city up against angry residents and south florida hoodlums (rebels?) that had travelled to the area to lay claim to the area.  EA CEO LAwrence F Probst stated, "Nagin presented a number of truly unique arguments for the sequal, however, the most enticing was when he proclaimed 'this is the way God wants it.'"
Nagan has since apologized for this request....... Apology has been embraced as a complete reparation for the statement by leading Democrats.  Apparently, this being Friday - Apologies actually carry value.

Republicans were unable to respond due to an uncontrolable urge to shake their heads in disbelief.
HAHAHA ROFLMAO
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6846
get your proverbial heads out of your anuses.

using 'vanilla' to describe something as being 'basic' has been around much longer than bf2. it's not going away just because you don't like it.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6711
Hey, I got an idea.

BF2 = Vanilla
SF = Chocolate
EF = Strawberry
AF = Lemon
The next expansion = Rocky road

Wow, I'm just brilliant
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6781|The Netherlands
Lol what about Banana or Pineapple or Grape
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6711
Those aren't ice cream flavours
MarkyMark
+5|6699|UK
How about rasberry ripple?! Don't ever forget rasberry ripple goddam it!
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6781|The Netherlands

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Those aren't ice cream flavours
no? i had banana ice
I even ate Harring Ice once (disgusting)

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2006-01-20 15:05:34)

Kuban_Khaos
+2|6649|Menifee, Ca, 92584
Listen to Gilgalad's explanation to Vanilla :

"Vanilla is considered to be a classic, but bland flavoring"

This guy is a total FUBAR, you gotta be really wacked in the head to sit down, make up this Horse Crap, and play along with it.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

Thanks for reviving a 6 month old thread.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6724

MarkyMark wrote:

Vanilla? what the hell where you guys get this stuff from? Who the fuck calls BF2, "vanilla" and why?!
I call it vanilla, it's like calling it 'plain' or original.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6556|Boston, MA
I think it's kind of stupid. I just call it BF2. It's easier to say, type, etc. I don't see why people would waste time and confuse people by calling it vanilla...

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Thanks for reviving a 6 month old thread.
Would you rather the person made a new topic and then got flamed because there were so many topics about it made already?

Edited because I quoted the wrong post.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2006-07-22 12:12:16)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6594|Mountains of NC

WOW I wonder what other threads we can dig up, but be happy he used search instead of starting a whole new one
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6583

fdcp_elmo wrote:

BF2= Vanilla
SF= Pudding
Euro forces= Itallian Ice cream
armored Fury= Greek Yogurt

bf2 2141: chuncky monkey
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6593|NYC / Hamburg

no ... vanilla sound cool. regular sounds ghey (to use your spelling)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
PRiMACORD
+190|6651|Home of the Escalade Herds

Krappyappy wrote:

get your proverbial heads out of your anuses.

using 'vanilla' to describe something as being 'basic' has been around much longer than bf2. it's not going away just because you don't like it.
qfe bishes
Rizen_Ji
+41|6762|200m out and smiling at you.
i've always been one for coffee ice cream
XD
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6818|Jupiter
I think i just shit my pants, again. who cares?

Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2
Vanilla BF2

Last edited by (EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay (2006-07-22 16:30:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard