Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5984|Perth, Australia
Maybe it's just me but i see this mainly benefitting the jet whores who are simply going to rack up far more kills on each strafing run.

Whilst it's a nice idea i think you'll find that most people will still group in the same areas and large parts of the map will be empty while small parts are jam packed.

But it would be a necessity for the PR maps. Those are things god damn huge.
evant3k
+5|5899
I don't join servers that are 32+ it's a waste of time having a nade fest, so no I don't want this to happen.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

They need to reduce the amount of fog in the game first.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
evant3k
+5|5899

TheAussieReaper wrote:

They need to reduce the amount of fog in the game first.
I agree get rid of the fog completely, just like Crysis you can see stuff miles away.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin
Oh man, the lag.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996

Rod Foxx wrote:

Maybe it's just me but i see this mainly benefitting the jet whores who are simply going to rack up far more kills on each strafing run.

Whilst it's a nice idea i think you'll find that most people will still group in the same areas and large parts of the map will be empty while small parts are jam packed.

But it would be a necessity for the PR maps. Those are things god damn huge.
Double the respawn on all vehicles, AA/Jets would both respawn twice, meaning there would be more jet vs jet combat. Problem solved, well - kept the same.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

firebolt5 wrote:

It's just going to benefit PR and nothing else.
I know I'm taking this out of context but yeah, that's exactly it. When it comes down to if I want vanilla BF2 fixed or PR's potential increased I'd pick BF2 any day of the week. They say listen to their "community". A community of what? A complete minority who want absolute reality at the cost of fun and pacing the game to a snail's race. The maps simply aren't built for more than 64 player, neither is the engine and vanilla BF2 shouldn't ever have to suffer because mod minorities want their way.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2008-09-26 08:00:07)

TheGiantSE
+14|6472|Sweden

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

there were plans for 128 player... levels...(even had the 128 size folders in the game modes folder of the maps)
but lag and other issues squashed that...  new comps could handle it now though i believe...
There was a thread about Mashtuur 128 player here befor I think...
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6756
I dont see why it is a problem to have a 114 map size as an OPTION. If this will be introduced, you wont HAVE TO play on 114 player servers, there will be many 64 size still. Since this is an option, it wont damage any minor community or the vanilla BF2 players.
Of course it could happen that a server will be unenjoyable with 114 ppl(regardless if it is a mod or not), but if it will be, than you simply wont play on them.
Please be a bit more open-minded.

/signed
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6522|Polish state of EU

Cheez wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

Not going to happen, dont even bother.
QFT
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6439|King Of The Islands

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

/signed
The game got shit all support when it was popular, and the 1.5 patch is a lie to shut us up until BF3.

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Cheez wrote:

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

/signed
The game got shit all support when it was popular, and the 1.5 patch is a lie to shut us up until BF3.

Battlefield heroes was supposed to shut us all up as well.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6370

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

there were plans for 128 player... levels...(even had the 128 size folders in the game modes folder of the maps)
but lag and other issues squashed that...  new comps could handle it now though i believe...
yes, kubra dam and gulf, zaltar, dragon valley even stalemate were designed for 128 player's,
but at the time it was impossible to achieve this. Why? Simple,
because there was no server to power them 3 years ago.
but now there are servers that *could* power them but the costs of a server that would support 128 maned players would be incredibly expensive. so dice scraped out the 128 maned option and had more space to add sever sided options or else the cheaters would walk around with god mode and unlim. ammo (<---Just a example)

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-09-26 00:53:37)

Miner
+4|6737
Over 64 players for PR would be great, but I dont think it would work so great with vBF2. Anyhow, EA has said they support the mods and the community... Even if PR as a mod forms only a minority of whole BF2 community, they have still bought the game and are enjoying to play it.

For vBF2 maps nothing needs to be changed, 64 could still be the standard player size for it. But enabling the engine to go over 64 would be great for especially mods, like PR.

So, what they asking is a bit of support from the EA. And they want you to be one of the messengers.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6287|eng
oh shi-

plz no
#rekt
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6370

Miner wrote:

Over 64 players for PR would be great, but I dont think it would work so great with vBF2. Anyhow, EA has said they support the mods and the community... Even if PR as a mod forms only a minority of whole BF2 community, they have still bought the game and are enjoying to play it.

For vBF2 maps nothing needs to be changed, 64 could still be the standard player size for it. But enabling the engine to go over 64 would be great for especially mods, like PR.

So, what they asking is a bit of support from the EA. And they want you to be one of the messengers.
its not possible *Read post above u*
Miner
+4|6737
Says who? You? I suppose you worked with BF2 in Dice?

Even in BF2 demo it was possible to have 100 players in game.. What comes to money, and hardware. That is not an issue at all.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6370
got this somewere

We have built an operated our own servers since BFV. The price for a unranked server co located (meaning your own hardware) in a major data center in Chicago would cost $100.00 a month. That includes a 2u spot and 3500 GB of travel a month. That is more than enough bandwidth to handle 128 player. I know from experience a 64 player BF2 ranked or unranked server uses 8 MB 24/7 Which equals about 1600 GB a month. Might be expensive for ranked servers because you pay the ranked game server providers to support your needs in setting up the server etc. and they are not cheap. The entire world of network will lag at times no matter 10 people or 100 there are so many variables that could happen to cause lag is no reason or excuse for not having 128 player also like I said make it an option maybe your pc and Internet can do 80,, 80 is better than 64.

The only thing that would be insane is the game play and the amount of people returning to play BF2 again.
Plus
Ea needs to redo the game.
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5773|Greece / Rhodos

~Smokey~ wrote:

ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6201
even more wannabejetpilots that needs to steal my jet
Slarty
+37|5965|Ingerland
Can you imagine DV, kubra etc with only one (non uncap) base left 64 people spawing on one flag
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6273
Itll be a fuckfest.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6160|Dublin

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

Err, you guys do know that the server admins don't HAVE to set the limit at 114 .
Same thing with Friendly Fire. They don't HAVE to turn it on, but they do anyway and we have thousands of threads bitching about team-killing.
There is a reason for this you tard.

Low-end/mid-range servers would not be able to handle all the players, leading to extreme lag/crashes.

They turn FF on so you get a more realistic and fun game, FF off leads to claymore and nade spam.

You fail.

EDIT: It does seem EA intended to expand the game over 64 players, look at the squads for example, you can make a max of 8 squads per team, 8 full squads (6 per squad) = 48 (48 per team = 96.) I think this is the ideal number for 64 player maps such as Songuah, Daqing and Kubra.

Last edited by 100% Irishpride (2008-09-26 06:59:06)

baggs
+732|6205
Battlefield Gangfuck

Last edited by baggs (2008-09-26 06:52:21)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6720|Scotland

~Smokey~ wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard