TheGreatTykos
+3|6720|Berea, OH
I'm really tired of the camping...blind nade throwing...tubers.  I played it today for the first time in 2 months and I might not ever play it again.  If I do, it'll only be because it was in the rotation of maps.

Screw Karkand.
Screw Moongamers too.  I used to like that server, now they PROMOTE spawn camping (what's up with that?).

I shall initiate the Karkand boycott.
$kelet0r
+16|6679
play the other maps noob

noob wrote:

There are other maps?
lol
TheGreatTykos
+3|6720|Berea, OH

$kelet0r wrote:

play the other maps noob

noob wrote:

There are other maps?
lol
No shit.

And ah, I don't know who you think you're quoting there either...
occamsrezr
+7|6711
For all of the karkland haters out there: It's a fun infantry map.  I do think it could have been designed a bit better with MEC armor and USMC armor arriving at the hotel at the same time (I think this would change alot of things)
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6678|S.E. United States
boycott karkand...never!!
karkand is my favorite map to play
2 reasons,well more than 2 but Ill give the first 2
1. I love the combat action,no other map has more action imo than karkand
2. there are no choppers,I cant stand choppers
I know there alot of chopper pilots out there that are damn good at what they do but at karkand I dont have to deal with them as infantry is my choice of combat.
and that being my choice of combat I am a sitting duck on any other map that supplies air attack !
I spend alot of my time in a tank,but dig the thrill of close combat at karkand.
my favorite tactic (when usmc team,mec sucks for me,90% of my losses there are when mec,dont ask why just is) is to either get in a apc or hummer and bypass all the action at the hotel and cruise right up to the suburb flag and cap it. generally both sides are so involved in combat at the hotel that its easy capping.
then Ill come back behind them for some easy kills.
anyhow,karkand rules
and if you cant take the constant combat action it supplies go to dragon valley,open your sniper kit and find a mountain top to sit and listen to the birds chirping.
my score may say noob,but this is my 2nd account since ea made it so you cant change your account name
and I was stupid enough to use a clan tag which I no longer wanted to use.
Ive got more than 300 hrs in this game and imo karkand rules and will never be boycotted !!

infantry combat soldier

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-01-20 06:31:49)

LSTT
+0|6708|Dallas
Every time the server starts loading it, I bail. I haven't played it in two months, maybe three, and it's still my most played map. Just got burned out on the same shit over and over and over. It's like the 2fort of BF2.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85
bye
BlackKesha
+1|6698|Моск&#
TheGreatTykos, this the most active card in the game, therefore to no purpose you criticize her
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Boycott Berea, Ohio and move the Browns practice faciltiy to Strongsville.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6783

KillerYaNk wrote:

I know there alot of chopper pilots out there that are damn good at what they do but at karkand I dont have to deal with them as infantry is my choice of combat.
and that being my choice of combat I am a sitting duck on any other map that supplies air attack !
I spend alot of my time in a tank,but dig the thrill of close combat at karkand.
my favorite tactic (when usmc team,mec sucks for me,90% of my losses there are when mec,dont ask why just is) is to either get in a apc or hummer and bypass all the action at the hotel and cruise right up to the suburb flag and cap it. generally both sides are so involved in combat at the hotel that its easy capping.
anyhow,karkand rules
and if you cant take the constant combat action it supplies go to dragon valley,open your sniper kit and find a mountain top to sit and listen to the birds chirping.
my score may say noob,but this is my 2nd account since ea made it so you cant change your account name
Ive got more than 300 hrs in this game and imo karkand rules and will never be boycotted !!

infantry combat soldier
Amen to that!   I prefer Karkand for its CQC infantry fighting, because when push comes to shove, its the infantry that pack the real punch.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

I'm with KillerYank.  I'm a ground pounder, and it's nice to have a map where I don't constantly have to be worried about air vehicles totally dominating a game, especially in light of how ineffective AA is at this time.

Besides, I like city maps more anyway, so I usually play Karkand, Sharqi, and Mashtuur.
AbrnRanger
+-1|6714|Bradenton, FL

Paladus902 wrote:

I prefer Karkand for its CQC infantry fighting, because when push comes to shove, its the infantry that pack the real punch.
Just an FYI. CQC Karkand is not, Urban Combat Karkand is. CQC takes place inside a building. Urban Combat takes place outside in the streets of that building.
OpsChief
+101|6673|Southern California
There is no such thing as spawn camping in Karkand. With exception of the USMC base, EA/Dice decided to make EVERY spawn point in Karkand a cappable flag base area. If the spawn point has or is in direct line of site to a flag then it is "in play", sorry. Spawn somewhere else. If there is no place to spawn then change squads and spawn with the leader. If there are no spawns of any kind just let the game run down and do better next time.

Apply the principles of war, use SECURITY to keep your spawn points safe!

Now as to the tiresome tubular nooberinas I sympathize but they are just one more minor problem to solve along your way. The use of "Indirect Fire" with grenade launchers is a military practice.

Yes, moongamers sux

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-01-20 09:13:41)

xaven
+25|6730|Berlin
why the hell spawn ppl EVERY time at the hotel? coz they wanna catch nades or revive nade catching team mates. omg, and dont whine about the tanks / APCs / hmmvs aiming for the hotel spawn points. you wanna spawn there? then expect to die there. dont you know that the hotel is the most unimportant point at the map?
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6755|Brixham, UK
I find whenever I play karkand it's:

Spamwar at first flag

Spamwar at second flag

Boring battle at bridge where neither side does anything apart from camp their side of the river, and arty the other side.

I'm bored of it, hence, I play SF more these days
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6783

AbrnRanger wrote:

Paladus902 wrote:

I prefer Karkand for its CQC infantry fighting, because when push comes to shove, its the infantry that pack the real punch.
Just an FYI. CQC Karkand is not, Urban Combat Karkand is. CQC takes place inside a building. Urban Combat takes place outside in the streets of that building.
Ah thanks.  Sorry I was just referring to more of the fighting though, as its much closer than avarage, plus with the amount of knifing that goes on.   The city maps are excellent sources of fun and a good place to earn ranks and badges.  I think everyday I go on a Karkand server I see someone promoted.
Orion5413
+4|6684|Irving Tx
Karkland is a great map for ranks badges and etc... but it gets tedious at times....
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
I like it; as do Warlord. Less tanks, more infantry; wowza!
Jepeto87
+38|6682|Dublin
I loved Karkand its like the Stalingrad of BF2(MIGHT be strenching it I know!!)! Waves of infantry slugging it out, I think its great fun.

And its not like Mashtuur where I play in constant fear of the dreaded Blackhawk!!
Anima05
+1|6757
you honestly have to be KIDDING me
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

I like Daqin Oil Fields as well.  Once in a blue moon I will play Gulf of Oman.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield

usmarine2005 wrote:

Boycott Berea, Ohio and move the Browns practice faciltiy to Strongsville.
Haha, didn't they move the Browns once already? At least the Jacobs Field overshadows Paul Brown Stadium and makes it look like a house trailer on blocks. Love that area though! All three stadiums together!
A.Aho
+0|6686|Finland

KillerYaNk wrote:

anyhow,karkand rules

infantry combat soldier
Karkand rules OK!!
Vittu joo..
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6681|Espoo, Finland

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

people who only play karkand and brag that it is "fun" are in denial. Most of them are just pointwhores.

There are many other entertaining maps, namely Mashtuur, Sharqi, Dalian and a number of SF maps. Recently my clan is advancing in the world 8 v 8 tournie and if our whole clan did nothing but whore on karkand all day there's no way we would have made it this far.
That's one helluva stupid comment. Why would I BRAG that a map is fun? I like Karkand because of the infantry combat mainly.

If you don't like the map, play another map, but don't say something as ridiculous like "people who only play karkand and brag that it is "fun" are in denial."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard