Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6498|King Of The Islands

Sydney wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

hmmm...I love credit unions...if I go over what I have in my checking it draws out of savings...no charge!! yay. 

and...i have had a debit card before that let me go over...even without having overdraft protection...so it could happen.

edit: it has a visa or MC logo on it right?...'cuz I think that is the only way you can use it(or any other valid logo)
It has Maestro, which is some mastercard shizzle.
Yer, Maestro only works in EFTPOS machines. Not online.

If you want to use it online you need a Visa Debit or the Mastercard equivalent.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6279|Phoenix, AZ
(not sure if this has been said)

Post pics of it without any painted marks or blurs or censors or it didnt happen...
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6773|Purplicious Wisconsin
Can you use debit cards on subscription games and xbox live?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5776|Vancouver, BC, Canada
You can buy XBL cards WITH a debit card in your local neighborhood Walmart...?
Does that count?
War Man

TheDonkey wrote:

You can buy XBL cards WITH a debit card in your local neighborhood Walmart...?
Does that count?
I mean use debit cards like credit cards(sortof) for when like putting down your credit card number.
TheDonkey
Prolly not, The only online companies I've seen so far(popular ones) are PayPal and Amazon, most others don't bother with Debit.
War Man

TheDonkey wrote:

Prolly not, The only online companies I've seen so far(popular ones) are PayPal and Amazon, most others don't bother with Debit.
So when if I buy a subscription, say WoW and register my game after installing it and so forth, I can only use credit cards?
TheDonkey
For the most part.

Paypal a while back introduced a thing called Secure Card where it generates a Valid Mastercard number/date/code that takes money from your paypal, BUT it only works if you already have a CC linked, AND they seem to have Hidden the feature really really far within the site, you'll only find it if you knwo what to look far(Paypal Toolbar,  yes, there is one)
War Man

TheDonkey wrote:

For the most part.

Paypal a while back introduced a thing called Secure Card where it generates a Valid Mastercard number/date/code that takes money from your paypal, BUT it only works if you already have a CC linked, AND they seem to have Hidden the feature really really far within the site, you'll only find it if you knwo what to look far(Paypal Toolbar,  yes, there is one)
So it acts like a credit card ok thanks
VicktorVauhn
+319|6451|Southern California
At least in America almost all debit cards now feature one of the major credit card logos. If yours does that you can use it just like a credit card. In fact when they ask credit or debit you can choose credit and it will work just fine. You can pay for subscriptions, or anything else...To everyone other then you, your bank, and the credit card company there is no difference.

However its still better to use a real credit card for that stuff, if some sort of fraud happens the money is pulled directly from your with a debit card, where as with a credit card its simply a credit placed against you that you refute. Some credit/debit cards also offer this protection, but it may not be a bad idea to look into that first.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6288|NSW, Australia

lol

visa debit card ftw

the safe credit card
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6189|Carnoustie MASSIF

jord wrote:

You mean they didn't trust you with money before? Aint like your gonna blow £40 on alcohol on a Friday night is it.
I do that, get paid every Friday, wake up on Saturday with no recollection of the previous 24-48 hours.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6708|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Being happy about obtaining a little piece of plastic while not actually gaining any money is an interesting perspective...
However, being happy about obtaining a little piece of plastic which, when used responsibly, can help build a record which in turn can get you better interest rates on loans and mortgages and such is also an interesting perspective.
AFAIK debit cards don't help your credit any more than a checking account (not very much) because the card just doesn't work if you have no money, there is no opportunity for you to royally fuck up and therefore no room to show responsibility.

There are other better ways to gain a good repertoire with your bank, but really the most important thing is your first loan. You get your parents to co-sign that, don't fuck it up, and then you have decent credit to build on.
That's right.  Using a debit card has no effect on your credit rating.  Simply, it is NOT credit ... and using it responsibly has no institutional benefit (although, it can train you personally to manage money well).

However, if you should get into trouble with the debit card and end up in a default situation, then your credit rating AND your bank rating (the service the banks use to grant accounts) can be damaged.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6680|London, England
I only have one debit card. One bank account. No credit cards and the only loan I've taken out is a student loan which you basically have to if you're going to Uni (and why not, you only have to pay it back when you're earning serious cash in a proper job)

Keep things simple.

All the money I've ever used from my debit card is mines. Parents didn't put shit in there. Must be why I only got mines when I started earning money myself instead of when I was young like some of you spoiled fools.

Credit cards = I'm never going to go down that road. Just spend money depending on how much you have. Fuck all that other weird shit. I don't even half understand all these bank/financial terms that they throw at you when talking about credit ratings/loans and all that crap. Just tell them fuck off and let me just have a number which says how much money I have and so I know how much I can spend.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6549|Gogledd Cymru

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Just tell them fuck off and let me just have a number which says how much money I have and so I know how much I can spend.
Amen Brotha

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard