ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ
haha...hmmm....

>>Anyways, I think I got a real big debate coming up, and that is: advantages and disadvantages of falling on ya stomack versus standing up straight, and shooting the enemy.

Most advanced/developing/pro playes I think will say go prone...you become a smaller target, which is more difficul for the opponent to hit,...blah blah blah....

BUT!!! I choose to disagree...because...I find that when an enemy, facing me, about 20-30 meters away (30 feet?) (MEDIUM DISTANCE), or close distance, JUMPS DOWN and GOES PRONE, FIRING AT ME, it is much easier for me to concentrate my zoomless but awesome G36 whatever IN HIS FACE.< take time to think about this. When an opponent is standing up, straight up, and is fireing at you, you sort of just sight him and shoot. But when he is prone, all you see is his head on the ground, firing at you, so you naturally aim for his face and take him out much much faster cos all your bullits go into his facial. See what I mean. So if I'm right in thinking that one shot in the face kills intantly, then shouldn't you just stand tall and proud when engaging enemy because they shoot you in your torso and/or ARMOR, requiring 4-5-6 hits, while you look down at them as they lie there, and all you have to aim at is their mug, so you go rrrrrrat-rrrrat, and they are dead, and you can go patch up those fleshwounds???

see my argument? of course I know that it is always advised to aim at the face, but if you suddenly see someone semi-close, you sort of...um...shoot, aiming at their BODY, not necesserily the head, cos it'd take a split second longer if you were to zero in on their face, thus, you resulting in a state of "critical woundedness"...

what do you think?
p.s. dont bother posting is your answer is "your a noob"...
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6780|Wisco
How is it different than aiming for the head when they are standing up?  When they go prone, you are not killing them unless you hit them in the head.  Standing, you can kill them by hitting them in the head, or by dealing enough damage to the body, which is a much larger target.  You're welcome to stand and fight me, I'll have a much easier time railing you.  Won't even switch to single shot for you.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

i like being erect

when people prone, they do it to make themselves a smaller target, usually not for accuracy
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6708|th3 unkn0wn
After reading your post I can confirm one thing and that is

you're a noob
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Well, I think erect is a good way to go...

...you know I really should have read this post, more than just it's title...

...or you should have opt for a less suggestive title, both is good.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6836
Flacid vs Erect
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

you're a noob
not you again you fucking FORUM WHORE!!! all you do is trash me and shit. just fucking go jerk off in your own fescies and vomit in your cold, grey, windy, shitty little fucking inbred island england boy!!!

p.s. If you ever reply to ANY of my posts again I will report you for forum spamming ya nobhead
shspunkrockr
+0|6752
LOL you said erect . . .
[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov
+9|6701|North Kackalaka
When I snipe, I prefer if my target is prone, it is easier to hit the head.
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6780|Wisco
How is it easier?  Their head doesn't get any bigger when they lay down. 

Anyone remember DK mode on Goldeneye?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6708|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

you're a noob
not you again you fucking FORUM WHORE!!! all you do is trash me and shit. just fucking go jerk off in your own fescies and vomit in your cold, grey, windy, shitty little fucking inbred island england boy!!!

p.s. If you ever reply to ANY of my posts again I will report you for forum spamming ya nobhead
hahahahaha, that's the best crap I've seen written on these forum pages in a long time. Tourette's Syndrome anyone?
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

[1MI]CriticalFailure wrote:

ok, dude. why dont you READ my shit and then reply. I did explain the answer to your question...
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6708|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

ok, dude. why dont you READ my shit and then reply. I did explain the answer to your question...
cos you're a noob and he couldn't care less cos he'd pwn your pathetic ass anytime. Happy now?

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-19 23:01:14)

[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6780|Wisco

ilyandor wrote:

And where would that be?  Just because you have trouble focusing on your enemy's face when you can see his whole sexy body, doesn't mean it is better.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6777

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

you're a noob

hahahahaha, that's the best crap I've seen written on these forum pages in a long time. Tourette's Syndrome anyone?
forum whore hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja you make me laugh in spanish jajajajaja
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

you're a noob

See, everyone? he just fucking ENJOYS this, better than playing BF2!!! Probably cos {TA}FireStorm has 204463 more points than him, lol. So, in Firestorm's eyes, {WTF}_Sir_Cock_Suck is a private baby-noob
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6780|Wisco

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

See, everyone? he just fucking ENJOYS this, better than playing BF2!!! Probably cos {TA}FireStorm has 204463 more points than him, lol. So, in Firestorm's eyes, {WTF}_Sir_Cock_Suck is a private baby-noob
Got Angst?
Wildbill100372
+1|6684
I smell a lockdown coming.
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Got Angst?
Um, yep. Just wanting to post something like an intelligent, maybe INFORMING thread, and this HMS_Prick want to suck my dick, so, yeah, I got beef'...and,.....why dont you, go stat-pad with your good friend for the PURPLE HEART??? oh, you already have it?....sorry.
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6780|Wisco

ilyandor wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Got Angst?
Um, yep. Just wanting to post something like an intelligent, maybe INFORMING thread, and this HMS_Prick want to suck my dick, so, yeah, I got beef'...and,.....why dont you, go stat-pad with your good friend for the PURPLE HEART??? oh, you already have it?....sorry.
Mmm... A stats insult!  That really cuts to the bone!  You sure have a quick wit.  Since you disregarded the two civil posts I made, I figured something more your style might get your attention.  Your argument holds no water, and your insults are terrible. 

You best get to bed before your mom finds out your still up
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6708|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

Got Angst?
You best get to bed before your mom finds out your still up
It's spanking time!
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6770
Anyways.. putting this back on topic.  I prefer when people go prone to try to shoot me.  you are right, it does make the only target their face, so I shoot for it.  When I see someone go prone, I usually dive, but I dive sideways so as to mess up their aim.  Since I am a pretty good shoot (hehe, dont mean to brag ), I usually manage a headshot before they hit me.
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6780|Wisco
I STILL don't get how it's easier to shoot for someone's face when they are laying down!  Can someone please clarify this?  Their head is just as visible standing up. 

When they are prone, yes, all your HITS will be headshots.

When they are standing, you will HIT much more often as you have a larger target. 

What are you guys thinking that I'm not getting?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6700
Oh god i just had to get in on this before the mods lock it.
When you go prone youre much, much more accurate. So while youre taking potshots trying to hit while standing up, he's probably ventilating your chest with small, aerodynamically shaped pieces of metal.
oh, and ilyandor, you're a newb.
RhadamanthysSCC
+2|6723|Perth, Western Australia

I STILL don't get how it's easier to shoot for someone's face when they are laying down!  Can someone please clarify this?
I think it's basically a case of if you want to hit the guy you pretty much have to aim for his head (and shoulders I might add). You simply can't aim anywhere else and expect to hit him, hence it's seen as easier to kill a prone target as almost any hit will be a headshot and hence far more damaging than even 2 or 3 hits to the torso.

Personally the only time I actually aim at someone's head is with a sniper rifle or if they're totally unaware I'm there, otherwise I aim center-mass and let rip, I find it works more effectively for me...

I think it all boils down to personal preference folks, there is no right or wrong here, just the way you like to play the game...

Last edited by RhadamanthysSCC (2006-01-20 00:13:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard