Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5691|College Park, MD
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us/po … ref=slogin

At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between the Republican nominee for vice president, Gov. Sarah Palin, and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.
Seems sorta like giving everyone a medal even if they suck at soccer.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6142|what

What happened to equal rights for women?

First they whinge you never let them vote, the you let them vote. Then they whinge they can't be president. So you let them have a go at VP. Then they whinge the debates might be too hard? lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
Now that's retarded. That's giving the future president of America a completely free pass (cos let's face it McCain is barely alive).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705

CameronPoe wrote:

Now that's retarded. That's giving the future president of America a completely free pass (cos let's face it McCain is barely alive).
Not to forget that Obama could be shot any time. Happened to JFK and Lincoln, but why not Obama?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Not to forget that Obama could be shot any time. Happened to JFK and Lincoln, but why not Obama?
Could happen to anyone really. Most people with liberal leanings are fine but a few are fucking nuts which makes me surprised there hasn't been an assassination attempt on Reagan.

I think McCain's push for this was basically a statement of "she's not experienced." If she can't handle a debate with some old guy, how the hell would she handle potentially world-changing arguments with other world leaders? As CamPoe said we have to face the fact that McCain isn't the youngest guy we've had on a presidential ticket; it's good to always have a contingency plan (I'm sure I used that incorrectly).

Also Aussie, don't let Palin represent women lulz. My sister and mother both dislike her immensely, as do many other females I know. Bulldog with lipstick my ass... a real bulldog with lipstick would go in to this debate fighting. I dislike Hillary Clinton as a person but I must admit she wouldn't have been a bad choice for the Democratic candidate, AND she acts like a tough woman. She never got special treatment in her debates with Obama.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6682

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Could happen to anyone really. Most people with liberal leanings are fine but a few are fucking nuts which makes me surprised there hasn't been an assassination attempt on Reagan.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6346|CA, USA
I think the McCain camp asked for this to prevent Biden from doing what he does best...talk about himself...for hours.  they want to keep the debate shorter and stick to the issues at hand.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6346|CA, USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Also Aussie, don't let Palin represent women lulz. My sister and mother both dislike her immensely, as do many other females I know. Bulldog with lipstick my ass... a real bulldog with lipstick would go in to this debate fighting. I dislike Hillary Clinton as a person but I must admit she wouldn't have been a bad choice for the Democratic candidate, AND she acts like a tough woman. She never got special treatment in her debates with Obama.
can you give a list of reasons these people you know dislike Palin immensely?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

can you give a list of reasons these people you know dislike Palin immensely?
I'd imagine that it's because they don't agree with her views. She's staunchly anti-abortion, extremely conservative in general. She's showing to, well, not seem that experienced if the debates have to be watered down to her level.

Where as these people I know tend to be pro-choice and more liberal.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6142|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You make a good point hurri. I'm glad your relatives don't like her, I can't stand her either. Especially regarding her extreme right wing views on just about everything. Especially abortion and religion (I'd guarantee she'd bring back teaching creationism to schools which to me is like dragging America into the dark ages).

I think you haven't seen the last of hilary either. I'd like to see her back just to show that a woman can be more than just a pretty face (not saying hilary is, palin is the beauty queen with no brains lol).

Vote early and vote often, mate.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6457
Sarah Palin represents all that I find wrong with America.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You make a good point hurri. I'm glad your relatives don't like her, I can't stand her either. Especially regarding her extreme right wing views on just about everything. Especially abortion and religion (I'd guarantee she'd bring back teaching creationism to schools which to me is like dragging America into the dark ages).

I think you haven't seen the last of hilary either. I'd like to see her back just to show that a woman can be more than just a pretty face (not saying hilary is, palin is the beauty queen with no brains lol).

Vote early and vote often, mate.
lulz I can't vote for 5 years. I'm only a permanent resident

If I marry someone who's American I can apply for citizenship in 3 years.

If I join the military I can apply right away >_>
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6527|Long Island, New York

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Sarah Palin represents all that I find wrong with America.
Pretty much yeah.

Bush in a skirt.
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

Poseidon wrote:

Bush in a skirt.
i lol'd
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6346|CA, USA
well, if (and this will never happen), govt allows/promotes teaching creationism in school, then what will you say about teaching islam in school?  it seems that there exists a double standard already in this regard.  you can bash christianity all you want, but leave islam or non-judeo-christian religions OUT of this.  this latter argument i hear all the time from libs.

when i went to HS back in 80s we had a world cultures class.  we studied islam, christianity, judiasm, taoism, confucianism, buddhism, hinduism, etc.  it was a compare and contrast sort of thing.  nobody 'won' because there is no 'winner'.  it's just educating the student that these things are out there.  to me, that's empowering to be honest and secular as long as one is not promoted over the others.

on the abortion thing, how come nobody seems to talk about preventive measures?  how about not getting knocked up in the first place?  this seems to infringe upon the 'free love' ideals of most liberals.  Birth control and adoption are two strong methods to prevent killing a kid yet nobody talks about this.  further, if a kid is in the third trimester, it is entirely possible to birth the kid and have it be viable, yet these late term abortions can still be carried out.  is THAT disgusting to you?  i think it should be.  when i see a tadpole looking thing being aborted, you can argue that it's just a bunch of cells.  but...when you see fingers toes, eyes, hair, etc   - this is a kid.  sorry, late term is way out of bounds for me.

Last edited by CaptainSpaulding71 (2008-09-21 08:08:50)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

well, if (and this will never happen), govt allows/promotes teaching creationism in school, then what will you say about teaching islam in school?  it seems that there exists a double standard already in this regard.  you can bash christianity all you want, but leave islam or non-judeo-christian religions OUT of this.  this latter argument i hear all the time from libs.

when i went to HS back in 80s we had a world cultures class.  we studied islam, christianity, judiasm, taoism, confucianism, buddhism, hinduism, etc.  it was a compare and contrast sort of thing.  nobody 'won' because there is no 'winner'.  it's just educating the student that these things are out there.  to me, that's empowering to be honest and secular as long as one is not promoted over the others.

on the abortion thing, how come nobody seems to talk about preventive measures?  how about not getting knocked up in the first place?  this seems to infringe upon the 'free love' ideals of most liberals.  Birth control and adoption are two strong methods to prevent killing a kid yet nobody talks about this.  further, if a kid is in the third trimester, it is entirely possible to birth the kid and have it be viable, yet these late term abortions can still be carried out.  is THAT disgusting to you?  i think it should be.  when i see a tadpole looking thing being aborted, you can argue that it's just a bunch of cells.  but...when you see fingers toes, eyes, hair, etc   - this is a kid.  sorry, late term is way out of bounds for me.
On your first two points (referring to the first two paragraphs) I agree. We had a similar class in 8th grade 4 years ago, a sort of World Civ or World History as it were. Learned about various cultures and stuff from various times. Strangely enough we don't have it in high school so we can't take the AP for it...

And I also agree with late term abortion being 'out of bounds.' You should have your damn mind made up BEFORE the second trimester. If a woman is raped or the birth of the baby will kill the mother, or if the baby will die soon after birth then abortion should be an option (again, first trimester). If a woman gets knocked up then in the 2nd trimester decides "eh I don't really want it"... she should have it and if necessary find it another home if she isn't fit for raising it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6527|Long Island, New York

Um...we learn about Islam in school. In 9th grade, we studied for about 2 months on world religions.

Maybe that's just NY State though.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6679|Tampa Bay Florida
Not surprised at all...

All the GOP has to mention every election is "taxes" and "terrorism".  Beyond that they get in trouble.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6457

Poseidon wrote:

Um...we learn about Islam in school. In 9th grade, we studied for about 2 months on world religions.

I'm taking a World Religions course this year. So far we've only studied cave-men religions, but we'll do all the major religions eventually.
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
Seems fair.

Wait...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6660|UK
biden would have ripped her a new vag
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.

m3thod wrote:

biden would have ripped her a new vag
You could just reply with "Who are you" to everything he says. I haven't seen him on TV once, or heard anything he's said. I imagine he's just some old guy that keeps his head down.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6660|UK
I suspect the american people know him a lot more better than we do.  He has just not been news worthy outside the US.

On the other hand no one has ever known who the fuck the moose slayer is.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6751

"The Obama and McCain campaigns have agreed to an unusual free-flowing format"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26819782/

nytimes lulz
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

Poseidon wrote:

Nope I had the same thing in school (Maryland) when I was younger.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard