bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

I bought a PS3 about a month ago and I only have the game that came with it (MGS4). What games would you recommend once I come up with some money? GTA4's on my list so far.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
LBP
Motorstorm 2
Resistance 2

And you can pick up Motorstorm 1 and Resistance 1 if you want for $30 each.

And I'd probably wait for GTA IV on PC if I were you.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-09-20 21:00:55)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

LBP seems a bit too cartoonish for me Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 look cool though.

How much better do you think GTA4 will be on PC? I've only played maybe an hour of GTA3 on the PC, the rest has all been on the console.

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-09-20 21:15:45)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

ebug9 wrote:

LBP seems a bit too cartoonish for me Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 look cool though.

How much better do you think GTA4 will be on PC? I've only played maybe an hour of GTA3 on the PC, the rest has all been on the console.
Well, I have it on PS3, but I'll be getting it on PC too. I can tell you right now that with better resolutions, higher frame rates, more people in MP, probably DLC and GFW - Live achievements, you'll have a better experience.

Also; I added those games because they're exclusives. Most of the multi-plat games coming out, I'd get on PC if I were you (if your PC can handle them).

i.e Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, etc.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-09-20 21:39:10)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Save your money for Rock Band 2. I played it a whole bunch on the XBox the other night and that game fucking rocks. It's basically the same as RB1, but they fixed a whole shitload of minor things and it just improved the game exponentially.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast
save your money for Far Cry 2

50 sqkm
flamethrowers

Last edited by henno13 (2008-09-21 01:06:03)

Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
Gran Turismo if you like racing games. The Darkness if you like RPG's. And for FPS I suppose you could get COD4 or Battlefield Bad Company!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6680|Sweden
Get "Pixeljunk Monsters" from the playstation store its cheap and damn its good i have played it allot more than MGS4 and thats the games i have. Coop-mode is the shit.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Soul Calibre 4

madmurre wrote:

Get "Pixeljunk Monsters" from the playstation store its cheap and damn its good i have played it allot more than MGS4 and thats the games i have. Coop-mode is the shit.
^^^ He speaks the truth
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

madmurre wrote:

QFT. Except I have played MGS4 more, completed it about 6 times, so like 30 hours.

However pixel junk owns and the coop is awesome.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-21 07:02:52)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Vilham wrote:

madmurre wrote:

QFT. Except I have played MGS4 more, completed it about 6 times, so like 30 hours.

However pixel junk owns and the coop is awesome.
But it looks childish. So the game is good?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
If you're going to get CoD4, you should probably wait for the new CoD to come out. It's scheduled to come out 11/11/08. If you really want CoD4, it'll be much cheaper then, if you want the new one, then you can just get that one. I wish I waited on getting CoD4 for that exact reason. I've only had a PS3 for a little over a month and haven't played too many games either so I don't feel like I could recommend much, but I have played Assassin's Creed and it's a great game. However, I suggest not spending too much money on it, maybe even rent it. As amazing of a game it is, it's kind of repetitive so it doesn't really have the greatest replay value. That's just my opinion though, you might want to replay it over and over.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
yeah, Assasins creed is definitely a rent don't play... It kicked ass, until I was about half way through it. Then I was litterally just playing it to finish.
It has so little replay value that when you beat the game it gives you that "end of game save", and when you load it it loads straight to the credits with no way to exit. I suppose they figured no one would want to play it again after then finished... Not much left to do.

I think I have played GTA4 more then any other game I have (which really isn't too many), a lot of people say there is little replay value to that one either... But once I got used to it I really liked the driving so I just go race around on that, especially fun with while raining. You may want to wait till that is out on PC though, for the player content and what not. TBH that isn't too important to me though.

If you like hockey, NHL 09 seems pretty solid.

If you can do console shooters BF:BC is good, though the single player is pretty weak.

I am waiting for GT5 to be released in full... Yeah I know thats gonna be one of a wait, but I perfer computer racing sims anyways.

I think LBP looks good... sure it is kinda a childish game, but so was Donky Kong for SNES and how much did that game kick ass? The graphics and physics look great, even if the overall style is kinda kiddy. I spend enough fucking time being a serious adult.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2008-09-21 16:47:20)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Seriously all the people saying things like "it looks childish" to any game:

GROW THE FUCK UP. Seriously.

Not just directed at you Sup but all the morons that seem to ignore gameplay and just spout "but it looks blah blah". Seriously I can only think of insecure and early teenagers that would say that. Grow some balls.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
it looks like a game for 5 year olds.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Vilham wrote:

Not just directed at you Sup but all the morons that seem to ignore gameplay and just spout "but it looks blah blah". Seriously I can only think of insecure and early teenagers that would say that. Grow some balls.

You know that's exactly what always comes to my mind when I hear that.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Vilham wrote:

I think if you were comparing Hello Kitty Cutie World to Grand Theft Auto, the only word to describe the former would be "childish".

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions everyone. Looks like I'll be investing in GTA IV (PS3 or PC or Both), CoD4 and maybe rent Assassin's creed.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

ebug9 wrote:

Looks like I'll be investing in GTA IV (PS3 or PC or Both), CoD4 and maybe rent Assassin's creed.
Probably a good idea. I believe AC is now $30 as well, so that'll save you some cash.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Looks like I'll be investing in GTA IV (PS3 or PC or Both), CoD4 and maybe rent Assassin's creed.
Probably a good idea. I believe AC is now $30 as well, so that'll save you some cash.
Well he is renting it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mutantsteak wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Well he is renting it
Oh. Well, that's a good idea too.

Rent SW: TFU too.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Well he is renting it
Oh. Well, that's a good idea too.

Rent SW: TFU too.
More like buy

it for me

and gimme your ps3
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Forgot to mention my PS Network name is ebug122 if you want to add me.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

ebug9 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I think if you were comparing Hello Kitty Cutie World to Grand Theft Auto, the only word to describe the former would be "childish".

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions everyone. Looks like I'll be investing in GTA IV (PS3 or PC or Both), CoD4 and maybe rent Assassin's creed.
Yes but its not childish because of the graphics, its childish by design, its content is about Pony's or some shit and im pretty sure it doesn't have death in it.

Seriously

Pixel Junk Monsters is amazing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

m3thod wrote:

and pedos
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

and pedos
Fuck I got caught.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard