Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

I can't search, and I don't get any player/ping/whatnot report from the servers on any computer. Is it just me, or is it global?

And yes, I know it's EA server maintenance day.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

it's tuesday

maintenance
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

TheAussieReaper wrote:

it's tuesday

maintenance
Why did I even remotely hope something helpful to pop up in here...

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-09-16 09:28:22)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
hai freezer. EA is taking a break.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmc_m4soldier
+2|5812
Yep, i have that problem since i started to play bf2 this early morning.All the people that he replied hav the same problm. Look my post at help: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=109927
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
NEW PATCH !111elevenzors!!!!1111
I mean "one could hope" Rite?

*but for the real reply*
ALL the servers are online (if avalible) but the "get server list" thing is f*** up D: so you have to wait till GameSpy Fixes it

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-09-16 09:41:01)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

it's tuesday

maintenance
well what would you expect, there's other topics discussing this had you bothered to search. Add the fact that you knew it was tuesday, you posted anyway.

You asked if it was global or just you, I gave you the obvious answer.

You don't like it? Cry moar. Don't post stupid threads. You could have waited a few hours, or god forbid a whole day and see if the fact it was a tuesday might have had something to do with it before posting here.

And you didn't even include system specs, any changes to drivers you may have done. Nothing.

Was I supposed to analyse your internet proxy settings for you?

gtfo
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
.Sup
be nice
Is this a karma thread?
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
lol, yes it is
.Sup
be nice

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

lol, yes it is
ok u first
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
You may not use more than 10 karma points in 24 hours.

/doh,
.Sup
be nice
I succeeded, time to change your avatar info.
On another note- no krma points left
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371

.Sup wrote:

I succeeded, time to change your avatar info.
On another note- no krma points left
hes looking up to the user title
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
Big button at the top beginning with S and ending in H.
#rekt
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

it's tuesday

maintenance
well what would you expect, there's other topics discussing this had you bothered to search. Add the fact that you knew it was tuesday, you posted anyway.

You asked if it was global or just you, I gave you the obvious answer.

You don't like it? Cry moar. Don't post stupid threads. You could have waited a few hours, or god forbid a whole day and see if the fact it was a tuesday might have had something to do with it before posting here.

And you didn't even include system specs, any changes to drivers you may have done. Nothing.

Was I supposed to analyse your internet proxy settings for you?

gtfo
I know it's probably because it's tuesday. If I search "maintenence day trouble" or "server search", I'll end up with none or 400 hits. How am I supposed to know that the other topic is named "All btf2 servers 0 ping!"? I didn't get 0 ping on all, some in the thousands, some , and some with those retarded 1678943786864238 pings. I asked just to make sure, knowing the randomness of BF2.

Did I ask you to diagnose the problem? No. I simply asked if I was the only one. If I wouldn't have been the only one, i would have continued to see if there is an actual problem on my side. But don't you think that's a bit unneccesary, if it's a global problem?
.Sup
be nice

Mint Sauce wrote:

the Sexeh button?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng

.Sup wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

the Sexeh button?
THAT ONE
#rekt
JAyThaRevo
+31|6289|Austria
xD
Xyzmann
+2|6415|Brisbane Australia
Yeh, Same problem as yesterday. I too though it might have to do with Tues maintenance but today is Wednesday?  Wednesday maintenance maybe?

I have to get the ip address of the server I want to join from GameMonitor.com & write it into the 'Connect to IP' window in BF2 menu.

Anyone got any suggestions?
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea

Xyzmann wrote:

Yeh, Same problem as yesterday. I too though it might have to do with Tues maintenance but today is Wednesday?  Wednesday maintenance maybe?

I have to get the ip address of the server I want to join from GameMonitor.com & write it into the 'Connect to IP' window in BF2 menu.

Anyone got any suggestions?
If you use xfire, join through that

Whats your in game name?
Xyzmann
Thanks, I can get around the problem but I'd like it to work properly.
I don't use xfire...will look into it.

My in game name is - NASC Xyzmann

I use FireFox version 3.0.1 as my internet explorer.  (Updated last Sunday) It is not compatable with the GameMonitor link to BF2. Thats why I've typing in the servers IP address.

I've obviously tried a restart. 
My only remaining option maybe to remove & re-install bf2.
Wallpaper
+303|5996|The pool
No point in reinstalling... Its happening to everyone
Xyzmann

Wallpaper wrote:

No point in reinstalling... Its happening to everyone
Your absolutely correct.  Reinstall changed nothing. 

I didn't know it was happening to everyone. 
Nothing I can do to fix it so I'll just sit back & entrust it to the gods to fix.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
I'm not quite sure it's an EA thing, (if it's still on going). I ran into this playing Arma earlier today, all servers came up with a ? for their pings, could join and play for a while with no problems. Maybe it's a Gamespy problem? I haven't read/found anything from Gamespy saying that there's a problem, but I read in other game forums that use Gamespy and they're running in this as well.

I'll ask Violet if I see her tomorrow if there's any news on this.

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-09-17 00:10:23)

usmc_m4soldier
+2|5812
If it was tuesday maintenance, now its wednesday. The problems still. The only way of play is go to www.game-monitor.com , copy the ips of some servers, and connect by ip. Oh, and Arma servers work good¿¿?? Maybe i can go play arma instead of bf2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard