SeantheMan
+0|6676
Hello

For the past few months ive been playing games with my good ol Logitech mx510 and a nice little hard tile mousemat. Then i was reading on a few forums about this great new gaming mouse that came out.... the Logitech G5 Lasermouse :s

Has anyone got it yet ??

Cause i did, about 3 weeks ago, and its no better than a mx510 tbh. Only difference is it has a function that lets your change your DPI while in game, so you can lower or higher the speed of yoru curosr while in-game.
Also has a set of 16 !! weights to adjust it to the weight you want :s.....standard does me, id get used to whatever they gave me.   And it has 1 less side button, which is crap, and also the middle mouse button doesnt press down :s.

It has worked very well, but i cant see any big improvements in gameplay or speed etc with the 2000DPI.
And if anyone ahs it, theyll tell ye the same thing, Nobody can use the high setting of 2000 Dpi, otherwise youl have men doing constant 1080's turns.:p

To complement this mouse, i bought the new Steelpad 5L.
All this jargon about these 5 seperate layers and how they all merge to be the ultimate game mat.
Nonsense, WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Firstly the size of thing is HUGE!!!! Get a DVD case, put it lengthways, put one above it, and put another 2 beside them. Thats how big it is. Dunno why anyone needs that much mouse space.
Also it costs about 55Euro including delivery :s

Shoulda stuck with my mx510 and normal tile mat, woulda been 120 euro richer

Anyone else have either of these 2 ??
Whats your opinion on them ??

Last edited by SeantheMan (2006-01-22 16:02:31)

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6691|The Netherlands
I'm using the red MX510 now for some time, without a mousemat of any type, just on the wooden table ;-) works fine for me, no improvements needed...
iamamuts
+2|6757|Lisse, Netherlands
I have the G5 mouse and I like it very much
DakotaDoc64
+0|6793|Omaha, Nebraska
I have the G5 but I also must say I upgraded from a standard MS optical mouse. (low dpi) The lack of two buttons on the left (I do miss) is offset by the tilt wheel.  I have it set to key 2 when I tilt it right (pistol) and tilt left 4 (hand grenade)  Left button under thumb is set in game to knife.  The wheel also does click, if yours does not then it must be defective.  I use it as the mouse 3 for Ventrilo Press To Talk.

Of the Five optical settings you can make and adjust on the fly the highest I set is 1600dpi.  I found that 2000dpi is just too much.  I would have to turn in game sensitivity way to low to use the mouse high sensitivity.

My 2 cents.  Good mouse but needs one more left button.

BTW I use a Hyper Pad Silicon black pad.  Works well.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
I bought the G5, and it was a definite upgrade from the Microsoft wireless that I used. 

The middle mouse button on the scroll wheel does work;  changing the DPI to 2000 while in a tank or APC is great! You can scan the turret around 360 degrees with ease.  I also mapped out the parachute as a secondary with the side button , so jumping off buildings is easy as any infantry. It was a great buy IMO.
SeantheMan
+0|6676
Yep, your right it does work
Though it seems to be a lot more awkward to press compared to my mx510

And good point shadow, i noticed that aswell and forgot about it, the tank and apc turrets . Thats the only thing that sensitivity comes in handy for,
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6822
I have G5
High dpi for in tank/apc
medium dpi for foot work
low dpi for flying

Seems to work like a charm for me

Don't know about the mouse pad - did you not look at the dimensions before you purchased it?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Logitech's G5 is nice. Creative's 2020 is better.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

I just use a mouse...

Big deal.
Empathy
+12|6702
G5 rocks. I like mine with all the 1.7gs in the weight pack
Smooth as butter on my fUnc 1030 pad too
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
g5 rocks my socks!!!!!!!!!!

i have the left push on wheel to talk and right puch is my night vision,
thumb button is prone
AchKillEs-LOD-
+1|6689

SeantheMan wrote:

Hello

For the past few months ive been playing gmaes with my good ol Logitech mx510 and a nice little hard tile mousemat. Then i was reading on a few forums about this great new gaming mouse that came out.... the Logitech G5 Lasermouse :s

Has anyone got it yet ??

Cuase i did, about 3 weeks ago, and its no better than a mx510 tbh. Only difference is it has a function that lets your chance your DPI while in game, so you can lower or higher the speed of yoru curosr while in-game.
Also has a set of 16 !! weights to adjust it to the weight you want :s.....standard does me, id get used to whatever they gave me.   And it has 1 less side button, which is crap, and also the middle mouse button doesnt press down :s.

It has worked very well, but i cant see any big improvements in gameplay or speed etc with the 2000DPI.
And if anyone ahs it, theyll tell ye the same thing, Nobody can use the high setting of 2000 Dpi, otherwose youl have men doing constant 1080's turns.:p

To complement this mouse, i bought the new Steelpad 5L.
All this jargon about these 5 seperate layers and how they all merge to be the ultimate game mat.
Nonsense, WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Firstly the size of thing is HUGE!!!! Get a DVD case, put it lengthways, put one above it, and put another 2 beside them. Thats how big it is. Dunno why anyone needs that much mouse space.
Also it costs about 55Euro including delivery :s

Shoulda stuck with my mx510 and normal tile mat, woulda been 120 euro richer

Anyone else have either of these 2 ??
Whats your opinion on them ??
i use the g5 and the stainless gamers wear mousepad and imo its fine
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
dude, i got g7, which is basicly the wireless version of G5, i constantly use 2000dpi and no probs, u just have to get used to it, and i got an X-ray pad ( www.x-raypad.com )
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
vidaan
+0|6674|Australia
I'm using the Razer Copperhead, and I'm pretty impressed although its a little small for my mitts, but im getting used to it.

Anyone else had problems with this mouse being a little on the small side?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Logitech's G5 is nice. Creative's 2020 is better.
You know I just took a look at the Creative Fatal1ty 2020 mouse. Pretty nice I must say though it's not out yet in the stores. Also the Creative Fatal1ty 1010 for those that want something less expensive and want it now as it's in the stores is very nice for an optical mouse.

Check them out here:

Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse News

Fatal1ty 1010 Mouse Product
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland
I was thinking about buying a G5 when my trusty old MX500 fucked up, but the lack of "forward" button made me buy MX518 which works great!
uk.solidsnake
+3|6709|England, UK
I use a Steelpad with my MX510, and I love it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
can sum1 gimme link to steelpad? never heard of it...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6695|Vancouver BC Canada
Have the G5, Love it, nuf said.
lead_head
+15|6685
I have a mx900 bluetooth with no mousemat and i can't fault it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
G5 is teh roxxorz!!! same as g7 only its wireless
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6676|Planet Seibertron ;)
I use it.  Have no problem with it yet.  Runs just fine with just about any mousepad to me.  I personally don't think it's overrated.  It's just good hardware.  You use what you use and adjust if you find it good enough for your needs.
SeantheMan
+0|6676
i think its http://www.steelpad.com

Check google

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard