Poll

Who is having a better games line-up for this fall?

X36036%36% - 13
Ps358%58% - 21
Nintendo5%5% - 2
Total: 36
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

kptk92 wrote:

A better games line-up in what way? Do you mean better games line-up of Exclusives?

Not 360, coz GoW2 is out, fucking pos my mates will probably make me get it too
Exclusives of course.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

henno13 wrote:

i didnt write that
fixed
kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london

sergeriver wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

A better games line-up in what way? Do you mean better games line-up of Exclusives?

Exclusives of course.
lol:

me wrote:

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Wanna bet?
bet what?  you act like it is the first game ever where you can create and share your creations.
You said it would be an epic fail, with other words.  I'm pretty sure it will sell more than 5 million copies.  Wanna bet?
5 MILLION? Hardly. GTA IV which is one of the best selling games of all time (if not the best, haven't checked) only sold something like 10 million.

LBP will get 1-3 Million. I understand you're pumped for this game Serge...but I doubt it goes over 3 mil. If it does, well, good for Sony. But I doubt it. Especially because it's an exclusive game. GTA IV sold 10 million copies on 2 consoles.

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

The Level editor in Far Cry 2 looks way better than the one in little boy planet as usmarine calls it
QFT. Looks much better.

And as I've said many, many, many times - I'm still going to get LBP. I just don't think it's going to sell as well as you expect, Serge. Other games have people's priorities. Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, etc.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

You said it would be an epic fail, with other words.  I'm pretty sure it will sell more than 5 million copies.  Wanna bet?
no, i said it would be in the bargain bin once everyone runs out to buy it then the reviews and opinions come pouring in.
How could it be in the bargain bin if it sells several million copies?  That doesn't work that way.  Motorstorm was the first game in PS3 history to sell more than 3 million copies, and it costs 30 bucks now, and it was released a year and a half ago.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

sergeriver wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

im with the yank on this one
You need to open your mind, FPS's aren't the only games out there.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

5 MILLION? Hardly. GTA IV which is one of the best selling games of all time (if not the best, haven't checked) only sold something like 10 million.

LBP will get 1-3 Million. I understand you're pumped for this game Serge...but I doubt it goes over 3 mil. If it does, well, good for Sony. But I doubt it. Especially because it's an exclusive game. GTA IV sold 10 million copies on 2 consoles.
Motorstorm sold more than 3 million, I'm sure LBP can sell more than that.  It will sell 3 million copies this year alone.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Motorstorm sold more than 3 million, I'm sure LBP can sell more than that.  It will sell 3 million copies this year alone.
Why do you keep referencing Motorstorm? Motorstorm also applies to a much broader audience than LBP does, and didn't recieve the pre-release hate that I've been seeing people giving LBP. And not just here, either. On the Blu-Ray forums, on Gametrailers, etc.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Why do you keep referencing Motorstorm? Motorstorm also applies to a much broader audience than LBP does, and didn't recieve the pre-release hate that I've been seeing people giving LBP. And not just here, either. On the Blu-Ray forums, on Gametrailers, etc.
It didn't receive the pre-release hype either.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It was a launch title IIRC, and one of the best there was. R:FoM also sold 3 million copies.

People normally buy games when they get a new console (as I did - I got Burnout Paradise with my PS3).
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It was a launch title IIRC, and one of the best there was. R:FoM also sold 3 million copies.

People normally buy games when they get a new console (as I did - I got Burnout Paradise with my PS3).
I love Motorstorm, but it's one more racing game out there.  So is Burnout Paradise.  I have several racing games for PS3, in fact racing games and FPS are my two favorite genres.  However I don't have any game like LBP yet, do you?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I love Motorstorm, but it's one more racing game out there.  So is Burnout Paradise.  I have several racing games for PS3, in fact racing games and FPS are my two favorite genres.  However I don't have any game like LBP yet, do you?
What's your point? I don't have any game like The Force Unleashed, but I know it might not even sell over 1.5 million copies (if that).
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

mario on the gameboy
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

The Level editor in Far Cry 2 looks way better than the one in little boy planet as usmarine calls it
QFT. Looks much better.

And as I've said many, many, many times - I'm still going to get LBP. I just don't think it's going to sell as well as you expect, Serge. Other games have people's priorities. Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, etc.
Actually the engine for FarCry/Crysis has a very poor editor, all it allows for it placing entitys and editing terrain. Considering the LBP editor looks on par with hammer as an FPS editor you just said that the Far Cry engine editor is better than hammer.

Spore and LBP are opening up player made content to new genres other than the usual FPS/RPG/RTS editors. Both of which have incredibly solid editors.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

What's your point? I don't have any game like The Force Unleashed, but I know it might not even sell over 1.5 million copies (if that).
I could be wrong but if it doesn't sell 3 million at least it will be a failure.  It will sell more than 5 IMO.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

Considering the LBP editor looks on par with hammer as an FPS editor you just said that the Far Cry engine editor is better than hammer.
I said it LOOKS better. IN MY OPINION. I haven't been able to play with either the LBP or Far Cry 2 editor and nor have you, so I can't state which actually is better. And neither can you.

Where the fuck do you get me saying that the Far Cry 2 Engine Editor is better than Hammer? Just because YOU relate the LBP to hammer means I think the Far Cry 2 Engine editor is better? Wow.

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I could be wrong but if it doesn't sell 3 million at least it will be a failure.  It will sell more than 5 IMO.
Madden '09 sold under 2 million copies and it's considered a success...you don't have to sell over 3 million copies to be a success. Selling over 3 or 5 is considered a blockbuster.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-09-14 08:26:25)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Considering the LBP editor looks on par with hammer as an FPS editor you just said that the Far Cry engine editor is better than hammer.
I said it LOOKS better. IN MY OPINION. I haven't been able to play with either the LBP or Far Cry 2 editor and nor have you, so I can't state which actually is better. And neither can you.

Where the fuck do you get me saying that the Far Cry 2 Engine Editor is better than Hammer? Just because YOU relate the LBP to hammer means I think the Far Cry 2 Engine editor is better? Wow.
Actually I have used the far cry 2 engine editor as it is the cry2 engine, aka crysis level editor or if im wrong and they have updated the engine then it will still use a incredibly similar editor as they aren't going to remake tools that are already available.

The cry2 engine doesn't allow you to create new objectives/game modes without making an entire new mod and programming new features.
The LBP engine allows you to create new objectives and game modes without an kind of programming.

basically massively increased usability is becoming more common place outside of about 3 older engines.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-14 08:56:04)

jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Innovation.  Creativity.  Originality.
Tell me the 3 most fun things you can do on this game.
Create, create and create.
Oh so like most other games? But on those games you can run round shooting and blowing things up a well as crewing vehicles?

Oh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard