Poll

Who is having a better games line-up for this fall?

X36036%36% - 13
Ps358%58% - 21
Nintendo5%5% - 2
Total: 36
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

SamTheMan:D wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

just to clarify, hes not right about gears of fail 2, hes right about the sacks of shit
OMG, Sam you don't like any game ffs.  GOW is a really great game and I'm sure GOW2 will be awesome too.  And LBP will change the history of video gam¡ng.
weve been through this before

i like plenty of games

sorry if running around as a fat shit shooting faggot aliens or playing a stupid little cunt sack man doesnt thrill me
Lol.  You made me laugh.  Anyway, GOW is the best Xbox franchise and LBP will be one of the best PS3 sellers.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

sergeriver wrote:

just to clarify, hes not right about gears of fail 2, hes right about the sacks of shit
OMG, Sam you don't like any game ffs.  GOW is a really great game and I'm sure GOW2 will be awesome too.  And LBP will change the history of video gam¡ng.
It's a platformer with a level creator. No game has ever been a platformer before, and neither has a game came with a level creator before.

Really Serge, LBP might be the best platformer for a long time, maybe even the best ever, but it isn't doing anything that will effect gaming as a whole, not like DOOM, Zelda, GTA3, Half-Life or BF2 did at least.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-09-13 18:36:45)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

And LBP will change the history of video gam¡ng.
I hope not.
Why?  It won't affect you if you don't play this kind of games.
What type of games, because I don't just play Shooters.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It's a platformer with a level creator. No game has ever been a platformer before, and neither has a game came with a level creator before.

Really Serge, LBP might be the best platformer for a long time, maybe even the best ever, but it isn't doing anything that will effect gaming as a whole, not like DOOM, Zelda, GTA3, Half-Life or BF2 did at least.
We'll see.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

I hope not.
I don't get your "I hope not", I mean how will LBP affect you anyway?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-09-13 18:22:00)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I don't get your "I hope not", I mean how will LBP affect you anyway?
You said it's going to change games forever or something. I don't want any of the type of games I play steering towards that type of "play".
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

sergeriver wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

i like plenty of games

sorry if running around as a fat shit shooting faggot aliens or playing a stupid little cunt sack man doesnt thrill me
Lol.  You made me laugh.  Anyway, GOW is the best Xbox franchise and LBP will be one of the best PS3 sellers.
halo
mgs
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

sergeriver wrote:

i like plenty of games

halo
mgs
GoW > Halo

In so, so many ways...I love both series, but GoW is simply superior. That mission where you're on the gigantic truck-like thing and you have to shine light at the Kryll is just so fucking . Ranks among one of my favorite missions in any game.

Marcus isn't fat, either...lol. It's his armor. He actually looks a lot like the guy from UTIII.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467
The way I see it...

X360 is gonna have GoW2 and Fable 2 being it's biggest exclusives (both published by Microsoft, how odd...). PS3 will have LBP and Resistance 2 as it's(Not sure on R2 but LBP is published by Sony). That's not including games that they share. The Wii; only Wario and Wii Musicz, and it won't get any good games that at all other than those it seems. PC will have Crysis: WH, BF:H, STALKER and Spore. It will also have the best (by far in some cases) versions for Left for Dead, Red Alert 3, FAR CRY 2, and Fallout 3.

Also Mirror's Edge but that's probably gonna play just as good on any of the systems it's coming out on. I don't know how good it will be for modding though so I'm not gonna put it with the games that are cross-platform but likely best on PC.

Now the reason for this is because the PC is pulling ahead of the consoles. People are beginning to lose interest in the consoles and go back to the PC, as the generation's life span is starting to wane.

Let's take a look back, in 2004 and 2005, when the previous generation of consoles were going out, the consoles had 3 very good, high selling gmaes, GTA: SA, Halo2 and God of War. The PC got HL2, DOOM3, Sims2, BF2, FEAR, WoW and Civ4. However in 2006 and 2007 the consoles had much more good exculive games than the PC, as they were new and cool and people wanted to buy shit for them.

It's the way it goes. Next year the PC will get Diablo 3 going to be a Leviathan seller, but once the next generation of consoles comes out most of the best games will be for console. It's the cycle.
Banned
+856|5973|England

he looks like a fat stupid yank

hated gow
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
https://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/gearsofwar/images/1/12/Marcus.JPG

It's his freaking armor, dude..
Banned
+856|5973|England

i dont care what it is or why he decides to have a fuckin woofer on his chest

i liked a halo a lot more than that crap
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Meh.

Different tastes in games tbh.

Not gonna bash you for it unlike other people in this forum tend to do.

Just saying, it's just his armor. also @ the woofer comment - I don't know why actually...never even noticed that.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

What exactly did you hate about GoW?

I mean, I really liked the gameplay but the check-point only save system and big gap between the two difficulty settings (yeah there's three but you gotta unlock the third one) where my only big issues with the game.

So why didn't you like it, and the bulkiness of the protagonist's armour dun count.
Banned
+856|5973|England

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

What exactly did you hate about GoW?

I mean, I really liked the gameplay but the check-point only save system and big gap between the two difficulty settings (yeah there's three but you gotta unlock the third one) where my only big issues with the game.

So why didn't you like it, and the bulkiness of the protagonist's armour dun count.
the gameplay
Home
Section.80
+447|6846|Seattle, Washington, USA

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

halo
mgs
GoW > Halo

In so, so many ways...I love both series, but GoW is simply superior. That mission where you're on the gigantic truck-like thing and you have to shine light at the Kryll is just so fucking . Ranks among one of my favorite missions in any game.

Marcus isn't fat, either...lol. It's his armor. He actually looks a lot like the guy from UTIII.
IMO, Gears is one of the most overrated games for the xbox. That mission you're talking about is probably one of my most hated in any game. I don't buy games so that I can drive around shining lights at bats.

Singleplayer was OK, but the slow, heavy motion of the characters makes for slow, heavy gameplay. I like the heavy part, but not the slow. And multiplayer is so incredibly repetitive, gets old after a month max.

I'll still pick up Gears 2, and the new stuff they've added makes it look better, but I'd be waaay more excited for the next Bungie game.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

halo
mgs
GoW > Halo

IMO, Gears is one of the most overrated games for the xbox. That mission you're talking about is probably one of my most hated in any game. I don't buy games so that I can drive around shining lights at bats.

Singleplayer was OK, but the slow, heavy motion of the characters makes for slow, heavy gameplay. I like the heavy part, but not the slow. And multiplayer is so incredibly repetitive, gets old after a month max.

I'll still pick up Gears 2, and the new stuff they've added makes it look better, but I'd be waaay more excited for the next Bungie game.
You're oversimplifying it. That's like saying "oh, that mission on HL2, you just escape some zombie ridden place with slow moving zombies. boring".

I played that mission (the truck driving mission) with a friend over XBL and it was fun as hell.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

GoW > Halo

You're oversimplifying it. That's like saying "oh, that mission on HL2, you just escape some zombie ridden place with slow moving zombies. boring".

I played that mission (the truck driving mission) with a friend over XBL and it was fun as hell.
What about the fast moving zombies?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Home wrote:

they're special
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

they're special
What about that mission in cod4 all you do is sit in a plane and shoot shit.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

they're special
And that song in Rock Band where all you do is press buttons on a guitar.
Banned
+856|5973|England

o fuck

dont get me started on that cod4 mission

fuckin hell
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268

Lol just noticed that.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

they're special
Or that one Crysis mission where you shoot minorities.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Or that one Crysis mission where you shoot minorities.
Fuck, that's fun in ANY game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard