Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Oh ffs. Misinformation over this thing is getting absolutely ridiculous.

As I've said before, we've got a mini, 1 or 2 mile long version of the LHC in my town. Guess what? LI hasn't fallen into a black hole, nor has New York, nor has the USA, nor has the world.
There is a big difference between your mini version and the LHC. If there wasn't quite the difference in the keV being tossed around there wouldn't be a need to build the LHC.
It's still an atom smasher, and it hasn't killed anyone.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|NÃ¥rvei

Poseidon wrote:

As I've said before, we've got a mini, 1 or 2 mile long version of the LHC in my town. Guess what? LI hasn't fallen into a black hole, nor has New York, nor has the USA, nor has the world.
Perhaps you are writing this post from the other side of a black hole ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

There is a big difference between your mini version and the LHC. If there wasn't quite the difference in the keV being tossed around there wouldn't be a need to build the LHC.
EXACTLY.

The LHC WILL melt your face off, FM even said it
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
That's hilarious.

The thing doesn't even start until mid-late October anyway. The media all over the world are misleading people that yesterday was the day that the black hole and shit would spawn (It won't even do that, I bet)

It was bound to happen somewhere
BlackKoala
+215|6323
So...she just killed herself to avoid being killed.

She went out by poison right?  She drank weed killer or something, so it probably took a few hours, was probably excruciating eating away at her.
Or, she could have died in the most awesome death ever, a black hole.

Jesus people are fucking stupid.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85

Poseidon wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It's still an atom smasher, and it hasn't killed anyone.
...lol? The LHC uses much higher energies that have never been used before, it's like saying well I rammed my car into that brick wall at 20 mph and didn't die, so I should be fine at 70 mph as well. There really are some risks in taking apart the lego bricks (or at this point hopefully finding what the plastic is made of) it's just so minimal I don't think it should be paid attention to.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

IIRC that one by where you live is a LINAC poseidon, and the LHC is a synchrotron/cyclotron.

The main difference being that cyclo/synchrotrons can accelerate the particles to much higher speeds by providing them with much higher kinetic energy.
BlackKoala
+215|6323
A 1g piece of a Mars bar contains...90 million times the energy that will be produced when they smash this shit together.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6233|S.A. Australia

BlackKoala wrote:

A 1g piece of a Mars bar contains...90 million times the energy that will be produced when they smash this shit together.
Then that must mean that Mars Bars are black holes!!!  We're all going to die!!!!!  Everyone drink draino, quick!!!
Serious Flex
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85

BlackKoala wrote:

supercolliders force all that energy into two particles nub. All about energy density.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

Then that must mean that Mars Bars are black holes!!!  We're all going to die!!!!!  Everyone drink draino, quick!!!
I prefer CLR myself.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
BlackKoala
+215|6323

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

supercolliders force all that energy into two particles nub. All about energy density.
No shit sherlock.

It's still the same amount of energy though, and it's not going to be enough to make black holes. 
BlackKoala
+215|6323

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

And actually, there's going to be about 2 billion protons going each way.  About 20 collisions per two billion, so that means THERE WILL BE 20 BLACK HOLES.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

One of the theories is that there are huge amounts of black holes everywhere, except they're too small to detect or something.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

rofl
Zukabazuka
+23|6683

BlackKoala wrote:

So...she just killed herself to avoid being killed.

She went out by poison right?  She drank weed killer or something, so it probably took a few hours, was probably excruciating eating away at her.
Or, she could have died in the most awesome death ever, a black hole.

Jesus people are fucking stupid.
If there is someway I wanna die, is through a black hole. Because feeling the entire earth crumble would be cool.

but yeah not a bright kid there.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

If I genuinely believed the world was going to get sucked in to a giant black hole, I'd get on my roof with a crate of beer and a deckchair, and look towards Geneva.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6233|S.A. Australia

ghettoperson wrote:

If I genuinely believed the world was going to get sucked in to a giant black hole, I'd get on my roof with a crate of beer and a deckchair, and look towards Geneva.
I can just imagine the sad yet triumphant music playing in the background as it happened
Serious Flex
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Idiots, her and the media
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6640|can

ghettoperson wrote:

LHC Live Webcam
I lol'd.
motherdear
+25|6649|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
some people are just stupid tbh

They dismissed as "pure fiction" doomsday predictions that the experiment could create anti-matter, or black holes.

first of all Anti-matter has already been created (at cern too) and all indications of the black holes say that if they are created (hopefully they will) they will not be able to sustain power and are going to collapse on themselves (as far as i have heard) and if the black holes are created and if they don't destroy the world then we will be able to observe them for the milliseconds they exist giving us much more knowledge about them (can anybody say wormholes )
Ioan92
+337|5720

TrashBlinD wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

LHC Live Webcam
I lol'd.
I lol'd.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard