Markooo*Est wrote:

http://weightlifting365.com/uploaded_im … 732721.jpg
me at the gym, quite good eh?
405 deadlift is pretty weak dude.
specops10-4
+108|6735|In the hills

m3thod wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

does eating shit food and working out a lot provide the same results as eating well and working out a little less?
Work out less is what you want to do anyway.  Anymore than 1 hour on a weights workout you go into muscle breakdown as your body will release a hormone call cortisol which helps deal with stress.
I do about 30-60 min weights workout each day.  I run for about half an hour to an hour after that, then when I come home I do about 15-30 mins of chin ups, sit ups and push ups.  Then I eat a bag of chips, a box of oreos and everything else I can find in my house.  I'm in rather good shape still, but if I eat a lot better how much will that effect me.  If it only will make me lose a tiny bit of fat, I would rather keep with my diet.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

specops10-4 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

does eating shit food and working out a lot provide the same results as eating well and working out a little less?
Work out less is what you want to do anyway.  Anymore than 1 hour on a weights workout you go into muscle breakdown as your body will release a hormone call cortisol which helps deal with stress.
I do about 30-60 min weights workout each day.  I run for about half an hour to an hour after that, then when I come home I do about 15-30 mins of chin ups, sit ups and push ups.  Then I eat a bag of chips, a box of oreos and everything else I can find in my house.  I'm in rather good shape still, but if I eat a lot better how much will that effect me.  If it only will make me lose a tiny bit of fat, I would rather keep with my diet.
well you ain't doing any benfits for your body ..... eating a proper diet is half the game
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Simon
basically
+838|6650|UK
How have you missed out squats/deadlifts - Amazing excercices for building mass.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

specops10-4 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Well your diet is so crap i dont know why you're even bothering with your weights and cardio program.

And why are you doing weights everyday? Your muscles need to rest.  All you need to do is 1 hour 3-4 times a week with 30-40 mins cardio aftetwards.  thats it.  Fact is getting a good body is a long term project and its a race the tortoise always wins.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-12-19 13:26:31)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5925|United States

m3thod wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Well your diet isn't is so crap i dont know why you're even bothering with your weights and cardio program.

And why are you doing weights everyday? Your muscles need to rest.  All you need to do is 1 hour 3-4 times a week with 30-40 mins cardio aftetwards.  thats it.  Fact is getting a good body is a long term project and its a race the tortoise always wins.
i thought cardio only hinders the progress you made lifting weights...you need all yournutrients to build muscle not to do cardio
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6479|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Getting your heart going before a work out is a good idea, do like 15min of heavy cardio.
Also, rotate muscle, don't be that kid in the HS weight room that always does bench and that is all.

You should add squats to that list, they buildyour whole body if you do them right and they add mad size.

Like others have said, do cardio. You don't want to be stuck with "pretty boy muscle".

If you are going to start working out heavily, you SHOULD NOT DRINK, but if you do limit your intake and for gods sake skip beer and mixed drinks with high sugar content. If you do rum and coke, try diet coke. Try vodka tonics with lime low carb, wery little sugar.

http://www.combatfitness.co.uk/
http://www.trainforstrength.com/exercises.shtml

Here are some websites that show you body weight exercises.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

argo4 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Well your diet isn't is so crap i dont know why you're even bothering with your weights and cardio program.

i thought cardio only hinders the progress you made lifting weights...you need all yournutrients to build muscle not to do cardio
well you need to do cardio to strip the body fat so you can show off the muscles that you're working hard to develop.  Else you'll just be one of those strong fat guys that don't get any pussy.

Too much cardio does eat at muscles mass (marathon runners) but you still need to do some.  No more than 45 mins of cardio per day and make it count.  You've gotta be intensive so go nuts for 30-45 mins. 

Google interval training.  And if you decide to do it, no more than 2 sessions a week.

edit

aim for 9-15% body fat....i am at 13%

Last edited by m3thod (2008-12-19 11:54:16)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6479|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

m3thod wrote:

argo4 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

well you need to do cardio to strip the body fat so you can show off the muscles that you're working hard to develop.  Else you'll just be one of those strong fat guys that don't get any pussy.

Too much cardio does eat at muscles mass (marathon runners) but you still need to do some.  No more than 45 mins of cardio per day and make it count.  You've gotta be intensive so go nuts for 30-45 mins. 

Google interval training.  And if you decide to do it, no more than 2 sessions a week.
2 session a week works perfect, you do them in between the days you lift.

@argo4: where in the hell did you hear that? You need to incorporate cardio into your workout.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
Well I've heard people build muscle and afterwards do what they call cutting. Which is mainly cardio, dieting and shit loads of tanning!

m3thod wrote:

more like 80% nutrition and 20% lift work.
Hey you forgot rest asshole!
Besides the only supplement you really need is some decent quality whey protein.

That and a decent diet and then you're on your way.

Oh yeah by the way since you moved to America who you ordering your stuff from now method?

Last edited by wah1188 (2008-12-21 04:02:52)

Shaguart
Titties
+56|6361|Calgary, Canada

wah1188 wrote:

Well I've heard people build muscle and afterwards do what they call cutting. Which is mainly cardio, dieting and shit loads of tanning!

m3thod wrote:

more like 80% nutrition and 20% lift work.
Hey you forgot rest asshole!
Besides the only supplement you really need is some decent quality whey protein.

That and a decent diet and then you're on your way.

Oh yeah by the way since you moved to America who you ordering your stuff from now method?
Cutting is what people who compete in contests do. The building muscle part before that is whats called bulking. Thats pretty much when you eat as much as possible, and gain as much as possible, usually your also adding a fair amount of fat in this phase too. But then when your contest is soon (usually you start dieting about 8-12 weeks before) you start your "cut". You usually cut lots of carbs and fats, keep the protein intake high, and as you get closer and closer to your contest you cut out things like protein shakes, and things that contain lots of water. Some people carb load before, then gradually cut carbs until there at basically none a day right before the contest.

As for the 80% nutrition and 20% lift work, i totally disagree with that. I would give it a more 60-40 for nutrition, or even 50-50. Its not like you can have an amazing diet, and go and slack off in the gym and still see lots of results. The bulk of the "hard" work is done in the gym, so i would give it a lot more than 20%.

And for supplements protein is obviously the best, but if you plateu and want to make some gains, you can use a lot more than just protein. You can get over a plateu by just start eating a shit load, but sometimes there is only so much you can eat. So the next best thing to protein is creatine. Creatine Monohydrate is saaaweeeeet for getting you gains and over platues, if you cycle it and dont take it constantly, it works like a charm.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
Agreed creatine is amazing and not to expensive when taken right it works well. Zma is meant to be good too.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708
It's genetics... and a whole lot of effort... maximize what you have been dealt with physically... 
When i lifted really hard when i was younger.... it was a lot of McDonalds... a lot of Taco Bell and Subway... lot's of beer.... and working out really hard...  lol
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard