Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire
Sammy Wilson...
https://www.sammywilson.org/images/sammy.jpg
Sammy Wilson!?
https://animals.nationalgeographic.com.au/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/naked-mole-rat.jpg

Minister in North shuns cross-border co-operation

"A minister in the North minister has banned officials in the Republic from sitting on committees advising his department, it was confirmed today. Despite the long-standing cross-border co-operation in Ireland on green issues, Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) environment minister Sammy Wilson refused to renew the appointment of one leading environmentalist from the Republic and is expected to cull others from his advisory committees. Mr Wilson argued he did not need advisers from outside the North to work on internal policy issues, but he has been accused of using his office to score political points.

The Department of Environment (DoE) confirmed Patrick Warner, a divisional manager in the Republic’s National Parks and Wildlife Service, was told he would not be reappointed to the Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside (CNCC) when his three-year term ends in February. A DoE spokesman said: “Mr Warner was appointed by the DoE minister during direct rule. We now have a new regime. “We have devolution. The minister feels people from Northern Ireland should be serving on boards relating to Northern Ireland.” It is understood officials from the Republic currently serving on Historic Monuments Council and the Historic Buildings Council may also be told their terms in office will not be renewed.

The move comes as the DUP and Sinn Féin are at loggerheads over a series of issues, causing increasing disruption to the work of the Northern Assembly."

Coming fresh after the news that the IRA army council is now officially defunct (a supposed bone of contention for Unionists despite the fact the Loyalist paramilitaries haven't decommissoned a single bullet) the Unionists continue to fly in the face of the spirit of the Good Friday agreement by refusing to partake in cross-border co-operation on issues such as the environment, where cross-border co-operation could only have a positive influence.

Discuss.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
You guys are slowly changing the demographics of the place anyway. Give if a few more decades and the Unionists will be a thing of the past and you can have your Irelands back
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

You guys are slowly changing the demographics of the place anyway. Give if a few more decades and the Unionists will be a thing of the past and you can have your Irelands back
That's true but our Protestant and Unionist brethren aren't going to be moving 'back home' en masse; they are here to stay and the sooner we can proactively build towards a mentality of co-operation and integration the better. This kind of petty point scoring only serves to strengthen sectarianism.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-09-10 05:49:35)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5988
Religion.

Lulz.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Ok, they won't be a thing of the past. But they will be a minority in N'Ireland

I'm all for Northern Ireland being integrated into the Republic. Also Scottish independence. Wales too if they want it. It'll mean that England won't have to subsidise the other nations so much, it'll also mean that England will have a parliament that actually represents England just like the others do. I can only see benefits from breaking up the Union.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6735|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Braddock wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

That's true but our Protestant and Unionist brethren aren't going to be moving 'back home' en masse; they are here to stay and the sooner we can proactively build towards a mentality of co-operation and integration the better. This kind of petty point scoring only serves to strengthen sectarianism.
I disagree a lot of them will fuck back off back to Scotland / England en masse - they need to be ruled over! I know a few Protestants who see the inevitable writing on the wall and are buying property over in Scotland to return and live in,  why on earth would they stay in a Republic they're Loyalists? sure Unionists  flocked to the North of Ireland from the south when the Republic was established i've no doubt they will do the same back to GB..
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I disagree a lot of them will fuck back off back to Scotland / England en masse - they need to be ruled over! I know a few Protestants who see the inevitable writing on the wall and are buying property over in Scotland to return and live in,  why on earth would they stay in a Republic they're Loyalists? sure Unionists  flocked to the North of Ireland from the south when the Republic was established i've no doubt they will do the same back to GB..
lol IG your so ignorant. I love how you refuse to accept that just because we don't have a written constitution that we are "ruled" by the royal family who infact have no power whatsoever.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Vilham wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Braddock wrote:

lol IG your so ignorant. I love how you refuse to accept that just because we don't have a written constitution that we are "ruled" by the royal family who infact have no power whatsoever.
Ignorance is not knowing the difference between your & you're
IG-Calibre
comhalta
Plus maybe if they had a service for all the victims of the crowns' forces in Northern Ireland who murdered Children / women / men in your queens name, for the crime of being Catholic, or those tortured in the cages of Long Kesh rather than for the murderers & perpetrators. It might go some way towards appeasing the hatred there is on this island towards your "powerless" queen who pinned medals on their chests as heros..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7607360.stm
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

Plus maybe if they had a service for all the victims of the crowns' forces in Northern Ireland who murdered Children / women / men in your queens name, for the crime of being Catholic, or those tortured in the cages of Long Kesh rather than for the murderers & perpetrators. It might go some way towards appeasing the hatred there is on this island towards your "powerless" queen who pinned medals on their chests as heros..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7607360.stm
need I say more than voting for former terrorists? Who's worse?

I would go with the people that vote people who killed women and children into power over some soldier who can't actually do shit.

Also don't talk shit. Countless political figure heads have apologised for what happened in NI.

IG-Calibre wrote:

Ignorance is not knowing the difference between your & you're
Being pedantic is the fact that you care about the difference between your and you're on an online forum.

Side-stepping is the evasion of answering a point with some irrelevant come back.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-10 10:14:18)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
That's democracy!. when the Marxist Revolutionists rejected violence then everyone who was Republican could be thanks to the GFA, that's why the SDLP became obsolete, why be second class Nationalists? we're all democratic republicans now with no stigmata attached..

Vilham wrote:

Countless political figure heads have apologised for what happened in NI.
as the head of state i'll accept it from the queen not her organ grinders thanks..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2008-09-10 10:20:21)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
No IG that is fucked up. Bullshit no stigmata, your willing to blame the current government of the UK for what happened hundreds of years ago but when the same people that blew up people not more than 10 years ago and got elected are suddenly are free of blame. Seriously get real.

lol again your ignorance shinning through. Time for you to accept that the queen may be the "head of state" but she is the one who is the puppet. Our government does not answer to the queen, accept it.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-10 10:24:46)

IG-Calibre
comhalta

Vilham wrote:

No IG that is fucked up. Bullshit no stigmata, your willing to blame the current government of the UK for what happened hundreds of years ago but when the same people that blew up people not more than 10 years ago and got elected are suddenly are free of blame. Seriously get real.
haha - who's talking about hundreds of years ago? i'm talking about during operation banner 1968 - 2007 - there is no stigmata to being a Republican now, that's why there is a large republican party in Northern Ireland's executive.. your Government formed the state of Northern Ireland, your government discriminated against Catholics, your crown forces were responsible for operation banner where they supported a loyalist militia police forces to ruthlessly suppres catholics.. you're the ignorant one..

Vilham wrote:

lol again your ignorance shinning through. Time for you to accept that the queen may be the "head of state" but she is the one who is the puppet. Our government does not answer to the queen, accept it.
clearly you didn't understand my "her organ grinders" jibe? non? too subtle for you? lol...

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2008-09-10 10:34:48)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Doesn't NI have 2 main Republican parties and 1 main Unionist party. I was looking at the results for the NI Assembly election in 2007 or something, if the two R parties simply formed a coalition then NI would be under Republican control.

Or something.

The DUP wouldn't have the majority.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
IG-Calibre. Do you agree with Braddock's post on how everything is a by product of pure politics?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

haha - who's talking about hundreds of years ago? i'm talking about during operation banner 1968 - 2007 - there is no stigmata to being a Republican now, that's why there is a large republican party in Northern Ireland's executive.. your Government formed the state of Northern Ireland, your government discriminated against Catholics, your crown forces were responsible for operation banner where they supported a loyalist militia police forces to ruthlessly suppres catholics.. you're the ignorant one..

Vilham wrote:

clearly you didn't understand my "her organ grinders" jibe? non? too subtle for you? lol...
I just wrote out a massive response, but tbh, I can't be arsed to debate it with you. You continue your support of terrorists (that is what Sein Fein are and all ways will be as long as they are ruled by former terrorists.).

I at no point deny the faults made by British military commanders not the government in response to aggressive acts by the IRA. Ill point out British forces were only there in the first place because of the IRA which forced the unionist government in NI to request support.

But you quite simply will never accept the faults of the IRA or your twisted view of how the UK is ruled.

And don't give me the sob story you post normally, I don't care if a family member was killed by the IRA, because quite clearly you just use that as an excuse so that people don't see you for what you are.

and whats funny is that you will continue to blame even our next government who won't have had anything to do with the troubles. You won't have an excuse to hide your prejudice then.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-10 10:57:09)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
Of course I don't support the IRA as i've stated time and time again, you're just the thick cunt that can't grasp this fact.  Many people who would of had legitimate political aspirations for a united Ireland didn't agree with the IRA. but because i'm an Irish speaking, Catholic, I must have supported the IRA in "vilham" world? like all Muslims are Terrorists in Vilham world too I suppose?  When the IRA rejected violence and because of the GFA, well there is no stigmata to being a Republican hence why Sinn Fein are now the largest nationalist party in Northern Ireland's assembly, that's democracy Vilham..  Being a Republican is a legitimate political aspiration, her Majesty is here at my dis-pleasure.
jord
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=109344

There's the link, agree with it?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
No unlike you im not prejudice. I base my views on what people say, no matter how many times you try to claim you don't sympathise with the IRA you will post some comment that just makes your claims blatant lies. The simple fact that you support Sein Fein shows that you support people who have organised the killing of innocent people.

Are you kidding me right. Once a child killer always a child killer, you don't just "reject violence" when everything you represent has been the killing of innocents. Hence why Sein Fein and people that support it are a joke and I spit on them. Just as I spit on anyone that kills innocent civilians.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

jord wrote:

If you want to make some kind of a point with regards the actions of the British State on the island of Ireland Jord feel free to do so..
jord

IG-Calibre wrote:

jord wrote:

If you want to make some kind of a point with regards the actions of the British State on the island of Ireland Jord feel free to do so..
I agree with the overall theme of that thread. That's my point. Do you?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Why is it that there are two Republican/Nationalist parties in NI. I mean it just makes sense to form a coalition and take away the DUP's power. It seems like the ol' Repubs can't seem to unite in the face of the common enemy

Actually I'm wrong. The two main Unionist parties would be bigger than the two main Republican parties

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-10 11:21:49)

IG-Calibre
comhalta

Vilham wrote:

No unlike you im not prejudice. I base my views on what people say, no matter how many times you try to claim you don't sympathise with the IRA you will post some comment that just makes your claims blatant lies. The simple fact that you support Sein Fein shows that you support people who have organised the killing of innocent people.

Are you kidding me right. Once a child killer always a child killer, you don't just "reject violence" when everything you represent has been the killing of innocents. Hence why Sein Fein and people that support it are a joke and I spit on them. Just as I spit on anyone that kills innocent civilians.
Oooooooo K so when I point out the well documented discrimination of the British State in Northern Ireland against it's Catholic citizens. i'm a terrorist sympathiser? right, gotcha . wait wat?

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2008-09-10 11:25:22)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Oooooooo K so when I point out the well documented discrimination of the British State in Northern Ireland against it's Catholic citizens. i'm a terrorist sympathiser? right, gotcha . wait wat?
I guess you actually failed to read my post.

"The simple fact that you support Sein Fein shows that you support people who have organised the killing of innocent people."

Nice attempt at making an irrelevant post to get away from the points I made.

"I at no point deny the faults made by British military commanders not the government in response to aggressive acts by the IRA." So based on your amazing appraisal of my views I think im a terrorist sympathiser too. Your posts make so much sense.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-10 11:30:08)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

you know vilham it would be better if you stop talking down to IG.  i think you called him ignorant like 2 times.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard