No63%63% - 35
Total: 55
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

do you calculate purchases on a entertainment value to cost ratio or you think the game sucks? which I really find hard to believe.

Spore cost me the same amount as 1 night out. and has already given me 4x the hours of entertainment each hour probably being half as fun as going out, so its still 2x more entertainment for my money than a night out. Seems like a pretty good purchase to me.
Good for you.

You don't seem to understand that people can have different taste. I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money.

I'm happy I didn't buy it.
Good for you.

You have bad taste. Wow, opinion much?

If you don't like it, delete it and stop bitching that it bores you. I'm not allowed to say the game isn't worth buying in a thread called "[Spore] Worth buying?"?

Also your third sentence doesn't actually make sense as you didn't actually buy the game so you can't talk in the present tense such that you wasted money on it. I can say the game is a waste of money, I've played it, I don't think it's worth $50. And where did I talk in Present Tense?

Last edited by Miggle (2008-09-09 12:23:11)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Good for you.

You don't seem to understand that people can have different taste. I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money.

I'm happy I didn't buy it.
Good for you.

If you don't like it, delete it and stop bitching that it bores you. I'm not allowed to say the game isn't worth buying in a thread called "[Spore] Worth buying?"?

Also your third sentence doesn't actually make sense as you didn't actually buy the game so you can't talk in the present tense such that you wasted money on it. I can say the game is a waste of money, I've played it, I don't think it's worth $50. And where did I talk in Present Tense?
Yes obviously that's opinion. But atleast my opinion is based on the entire game, and seeing as its a sandbox game and the whole purpose is to share and create things you can't actually know if the game is worth buying as you haven't experienced it.

Your point is true. This is a thread about if spore is worth buying which you stated, but then people were saying that it was and you kept saying no its. Rather than just letting them say it was and then there is my point above about you not actually having the whole game.

I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money. That is where you are talking in the present tense. You say "I found" followed by "and a huge waste of money" rather than "and would have been a huge waste of money", you are talking as if you own the game and actually paid for peoples hard work. You can't change tense after you have said something and think it applies to what came before it.

anyway as has been said its opinion. I just think the OP should know that the people that have pirated it and then say its not worth it havent actually been able to experience the whole game.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-09 12:32:37)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Good for you.

Yes obviously that's opinion. But atleast my opinion is based on the entire game, and seeing as its a sandbox game and the whole purpose is to share and create things you can't actually know if the game is worth buying as you haven't experienced it.

Your point is true. This is a thread about if spore is worth buying which you stated, but then people were saying that it was and you kept saying no its. Rather than just letting them say it was and then there is my point above about you not actually having the whole game.

I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money. That is where you are talking in the present tense. You say "I found" followed by "and a huge waste of money" rather than "and would have been a huge waste of money", you are talking as if you own the game and actually paid for peoples hard work. You can't change tense after you have said something and think it applies to what came before it.

anyway as has been said its opinion. I just think the OP should know that the people that have pirated it and then say its not worth it havent actually been able to experience the whole game.
The ability to upload your creatures has no effect on gameplay...

Can you get me a quote where I said someone's opinion of it was invalid?

Found is past tense...

Once again, we've played through the whole game. There are loads of maxis created creatures, vehicles, etc. Downloading custom creatures is minor and has no effect on gameplay.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

Uzique wrote:

People who raced to 'complete' SPORE or fly through all the sections of the game completely missed the point of the game, and it's a pity that they foolishly come here to whine about how it wasn't "worth the money" now. SPORE is a creative game, a sandbox game, a God-sim. The overall objective of the game isn't so much to conquer the entire Universe and then put your feet up- but more so to sculpt a race of creatures exactly how you want them, and then play through different gametypes and different stages of their evolution to your heart's content. People were bragging on this Forum that they were entering the Space stage within 4 hours... well? Congratulations, you're not the same people that whine this game is boring and lacks longevity after totalling 8 hours of gameplay.

I suggest starting over, creating a race and just enjoying the game. It's a casual-game - Maxis said themselves they wanted a game that a casual 'The Sims' player could fire-up and doodle on for 2 hours a week - and so hence playing it as if you're grinding through the ranks of Battlefield is the wrong approach. Ur doin it wrong. Take a more relaxed pace and don't be afraid to explore around and check out the periphery. Hell, you may even have some actual fun doing it!
In the interview I saw with yer man that designed the game, he said that he wanted to make a game that suited all players.

I guess that means for those that want to race through and complete as fast as possible, you've got the 4hour-to-the-space-station gameplay.

And for those that want the more drawn out game, you've got everything else.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Found is past tense...

Once again, we've played through the whole game. There are loads of maxis created creatures, vehicles, etc. Downloading custom creatures is minor and has no effect on gameplay.
I strongly disagree, again how can you make that assessment without having played around with it?

First page, Alpha said it was worth it and you quote him saying it wasn't, I believe you had already said that in your first post. No need to dispute his claim at all.

Correct, my mistake, the sentence is all in past tense, what I meant is that you use the found for both statements simply because you say "and" but don't extend that with something like would, therefore the remainder of the sentence also is using the same verb. I can't be bothered to argue it as its not really relevant but the sentence doesn't make sense if you don't own the game.

So you found the game boring but you played it all the way through and have unlocked all the tools and weapons, I find that unlikely. If the game was as boring as you claim you wouldn't spend the 5 hours in space stage unlocking everything.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Found is past tense...

I strongly disagree, again how can you make that assessment without having played around with it?

First page, Alpha said it was worth it and you quote him saying it wasn't, I believe you had already said that in your first post. No need to dispute his claim at all.

Correct, my mistake, the sentence is all in past tense, what I meant is that you use the found for both statements simply because you say "and" but don't extend that with something like would, therefore the remainder of the sentence also is using the same verb. I can't be bothered to argue it as its not really relevant but the sentence doesn't make sense if you don't own the game.

So you found the game boring but you played it all the way through and have unlocked all the tools and weapons, I find that unlikely. If the game was as boring as you claim you wouldn't spend the 5 hours in space stage unlocking everything.
I have played around with it, a lot actually.

I said CoD4 was a weak example because it isn't worth $50 either.

I play the casual game for casual fun, I'm not going to go all out and unlock absolutely everything, and neither will most people.

My sentence makes complete sense, I have played the game, and therefore I can say that I think it's a waste of money. I don't have to buy it in order to say it isn't worth it.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-09-09 15:42:31)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Miggle wrote:

Uzique wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

If your into that whole sandbox thing you might get some enjoyment out of it. However I doubt you would be still playing it after a year.
It's hard for an average Multiplayer game to hold ones' attention for a year, let alone a Single-Player sandbox game. I see SPORE as a casual laid-back game that's fun to fire up and tweak around whenever I'm bored or need to relax; SPORE is the stress-ball of games, the no-rush and no-competition immersive Universe you can start-up whenever you're feeling bored or frustrated of competitive FPS or timesink MMO's.

I'm keeping it installed on my system and I'm definitely keeping the game on my 'favourites' shelf because of this reason. People that rushed through the Storyline as if it would be a cinematic Half Life 2 / Crysis-type affair clearly didn't think about the game. It's a fun diversion, a sandbox, a creative tool, a funny little Sims-like getaway into the world of God-sim. Play it that way- I know I am, and I'm loving it!
is an occasional play worth $50?

I would say no.
Your mentality baffles me.

Do you pay $300.00+ for mobile phones based on the assumption that you'll be making calls and texting non-stop for 2 weeks, or a month? Do you 'invest' $1500.00+ into a gaming machine based on the current games' requirements, or based on a possible future investment and playability? Why does every cost have to be rumunerated in the short-term for you? Plus, it's entirely subjective. Is an hour in BF2 worth 50 cents or 0.5 cents? You justify your own expenditure but you should be able to see other's views and justifications also.

For me an "occasional play" is definitely worth $50, providing the occasional play is an enjoyable occasional play. Who cares if I won't hardcore and play SPORE 50 hours a week? If I play 50 hours in 3 months I'll have had my money's worth-- and I'm sure I will .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
fair enough on your points miggle I disagree, apart from you claiming to play it casually, if that was the case Uziques point above wouldn't need to be made to you.

As to your sentence, no it doesn't. It really does not make sense.

"I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money."

You didn't find it to be a huge waste of money because you spent no money on it. You found the prospect of spending money on it to be wasteful, there's a massive difference.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-09 15:59:23)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

fair enough on your points miggle I disagree, apart from you claiming to play it casually, if that was the case Uziques point above wouldn't need to be made to you.

You didn't find it to be a huge waste of money because you spent no money on it. You found the prospect of spending money on it to be wasteful, there's a massive difference.
I find it to be a huge waste of money.

Having played it, spending more than $20 on it IMO would be a waste.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Which is why Spore Origins on the iPhone is a gigantic waste of money. It's 10 bucks for essentially the first stage IIRC.

I'll go with Tetris or Crash Kart, thanks..
Brasso
+1,549|6632

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Which is why Spore Origins on the iPhone is a gigantic waste of money. It's 10 bucks for essentially the first stage IIRC.

I'll go with Tetris or Crash Kart, thanks..
yup, cell stage.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia
I haven't got it yet so I haven't voted, but the concensus from both my uni mates and my gaming buddies is that it's a reasonable game that isn't really worth the $100 that you'd pay for it over here.

With that in mind I might borrow it from a friend or something before commiting as it were.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6740|The Hague, Netherlands

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

we can play this game all day...

for you, your favorite games are worth it, for others their favorites...

so this debate about it being worth it or not wasn't needed anyway.

not to mention different opinions about how much money is too much. nothing more then personal opinions.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
I like it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345
So, to sum up all the arguing here, I should get it via torrent (or a demo, for that matter) and make up my own damn mind?!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6328|England
Uzique, I'm glad you have explained it to me like that. One of my friends has bought this game, as we have been waiting for it for like 5 years from when we first heard about it (Sims 2 Xbox ftw lol). BF2 is starting to drag on for me, but I get bored when I'm not playing a game and all of my other games (Oblivion, R6:Vegas + my 360 stuff) just don't hold my attention for long enough. With work now as well, and college in a couple of weeks, which when that starts I will be getting home about 8ish and won't wanna do a lot except chill. Judging by what you have said, I think it would be a good investment, just to kick back, mess around and make stuff, and just go through the game at my leisure when I can. Of course, if it is a waste, I will just sell it to my sister for £5 more than I bought it for +1 Uzique.
molotov<bf2>
+15|6446|uk
i torrented it & then played it all last weekend, but haven't touched it since. if i never played it again it wouldn't upset me, but 25% of my monthly download limit was worth it because sometimes i get jaded with doing nothing but playing bf2 or jacking-off over internet porn.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Sisco10 wrote:

So, to sum up all the arguing here, I should get it via torrent (or a demo, for that matter) and make up my own damn mind?!
yes.
Hawkers
THOOOM
+9|5971|Maidenhead

Miggle wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6626

Miggle wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

I think it is...

if you spent some time with it, learning the different stages and also if you enjoy it... of course

then you will have a higher time entrainment with Spore then for example with CoD4.
well, CoD4 has horrid replayability.

I wouldn't say it was worth $50 either.
Finally, someone who thinks COD4 and SPORE both are junk. thought I was the only one.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
Not buying a game = A-killing a game!

you like the game support it or uninstall it.

i found spore mildly amusing

my fav. game is bf2 1.5 "yeah right"
.Sup
be nice
I like it.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
who ever gave me the karma, clearly BF2 is another game that is worth purchase

What was your point?

/fail?
.Sup
be nice

Vilham wrote:

who ever gave me the karma, clearly BF2 is another game that is worth purchase

What was your point?

/fail?
Wasn't Me
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6479|Liverpool, England

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

Miggle wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

I think it is...

if you spent some time with it, learning the different stages and also if you enjoy it... of course

then you will have a higher time entrainment with Spore then for example with CoD4.
well, CoD4 has horrid replayability.

I wouldn't say it was worth $50 either.
Finally, someone who thinks COD4 and SPORE both are junk. thought I was the only one.
I have got bored of spore, shame really thought it would be brilliant.

As for COD4 lol good graphics ... thats it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard