Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

I searched, and found nothing about this thing that was posted today on the bf2 site, so here goes:

Listen up Soldiers!

By now, you have all seen the list of fixes in the next update (1.2). We are still trying to nail down a few final items and put the final touches in place.

Here's a list of additional items to look for in version 1.2:
UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.
Rank progression is no longer limited to the enlisted ranks. All officer ranks are now available.
Bug that allowed players in vehicles to contest a flag from outside the flag radius is now fixed.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to clarify some confusion stemming from our updates.

The first item is on the topic of grenades. Players will still be able to toss grenades while jumping. Although the ability to fire while jumping has been removed, players will still be able to initiate a grenade toss prior to jumping and follow through with the toss, thereby gaining themselves some extra distance. We understand that there will be some adjustment in tactics required when the patch comes out but we are confident that the community will quickly come to grips with the new tactics.

The second item is on the topic of the booster packs. We have not created the maps as a separate expansion pack requiring a separate server. The booster packs will increase the content of the base game and thereby may be run on a server in regular rotation with the original maps.

Hope that clears up some of questions you’ve all been asking.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6783

good few tidbits tere, especially where the 'boosters' fit in
the source link would be nice though
fumanchus
+0|6696
will we still be able to toss C4's while jumping?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

YES, you are mein fehuer, o wait, i mean hero :0
=|[Point_Blank]|=
+0|6675
So are all the ranks going to change, and all the guns. Or are the ranks going to change after the 2nd lutenate that we have now.... anyone know, because i think the ranks should stay the same. And i dont like the whole "no shooting while jumping thing." But i really want to know more about these ranks.   plz
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6680|Stillwater, Ok
Woo hoo new ranks alright... But as for being able to still c4 throw in cool with that. Definately happy no more shooting and jumping....bye bye peter cotton tail. I have a Doa-12 for your ass.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6830

fumanchus wrote:

will we still be able to toss C4's while jumping?
No.

pointblank wrote:

So are all the ranks going to change, and all the guns. Or are the ranks going to change after the 2nd lutenate that we have now.... anyone know, because i think the ranks should stay the same. And i dont like the whole "no shooting while jumping thing." But i really want to know more about these ranks.   plz
Why would you not like the no shooting while jumping? You must be one of the bunny hopping fags.

Tucker wrote:

Woo hoo new ranks alright... But as for being able to still c4 throw in cool with that. Definately happy no more shooting and jumping....bye bye peter cotton tail. I have a Doa-12 for your ass.
I don't think C4 throwing is still able to be done. Which is good.

C4 throwing is such BS. Anyone who does it can go suck off. Lame and cheap tactic, even worse than noob tubing.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6742|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

C4 throwing is such BS. Anyone who does it can go suck off. Lame and cheap tactic, even worse than noob tubing.
Only against infantry. Against tanks it's damn useful so you dont get run over.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

+ the feature to pick up C4 now is a great one
Scarymother
+1|6740

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Yeah, C4Chuckers quickly ruin a game for me.  I hate the bunny-hopping noob-toobers, but they don't kill enjoyment as quickly.
IvysDad
+0|6757|Jacksonville, NC
If the officer ranks are now available....what will the points ladder be like?   Will it still be 20000 for 1st/MSgt and then 50000 for the next and 200000 LT or will it change and everyone get like 2 promotions like previous...just curious.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6830

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Even against tanks it's cheap. It takes no skill. if you wanna C4 a tank, then learn to sneak up to it. I blow tanks with C4 all the time and every time I run up to it when it's looking the other way and run away and blow it up.
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6799|Sydney, Australia
they never give a exact date wen its release remember 1.03 end of the month turned out end of the next month
evillbill
+-1|6732|West Oz

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Even against tanks it's cheap. It takes no skill. if you wanna C4 a tank, then learn to sneak up to it. I blow tanks with C4 all the time and every time I run up to it when it's looking the other way and run away and blow it up.
The only part of C4 chucking I like is when I cap the chuckee before he blows the C4. Now *thats* comedy.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6713
well, most fun I had with C4 was last night on Karkand... we decided to do something different so 1 guy spawned as support and 2 of us as Spec ops... jump in a HUMMV and drive like mad dumping c4 out the back and setting it off occasionally... racked up a pretty good score
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

I hope they put a rank in between gunnery sergeant and first sergeant/master sergeant. id like there to be another rank if possible at 13 000. is there even another rank in between stf. sgt. and 1st sgt and msgt?\

if not, they should make gunnery sergeant at like 7000 points, and first sergeant/master sergeant at say 13 000.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6752
The patch will have to be out before early February since that is the official release date of the euro expansion for BF2 avaialable for download & online purchase only. So the rumours of it being released early February are not unfounded or unlikely.
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6799|Sydney, Australia
they r only adding on 1 rank and thats after 2nd lieutenant and i hope they fix the sergeant major of the corps becos blazin was 1 before he got 2nd lieu but firestorm shud get it now as ea hands it out and not thru the game itself
crusaderop50
+1|6838
wait, did they say that UAV is visible to the world?  so we can shoot it down?
MrPredictable
+14|6684

crusaderop50 wrote:

yes, the uav will be visible and you can shoot it down, stingers will work on it too i belive.
CRUSHER
+-1|6712

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Wah-wah. Get over it, you actually run up to the tank to plant the c4. Whoo-freaking-hoo, what do want an extra medal?

There are entire clans that have based their strats around this and bunny hopping, it really sucks playing them in ladder matches. I don't  bunny hop but I sure as hell -will- throw some c4. Furthermore, it actually does take some skill; in the fact that you're fast enough not to get your ass shot off in the process or blowing yourself up with it.

Again, waaaaaaah.

/me wipes a tear of mirth.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6721|New Hampshire

MrPredictable wrote:

crusaderop50 wrote:

yes, the uav will be visible and you can shoot it down, stingers will work on it too i belive.
Gayest idea EVER.  Hurray - now not only can your UAV trailer be destroyed, but your UAV can be shot out of the sky, without you being able to maneuver it.  This woudl only be a good idea if a player could manually fly the UAV.  Retarded...
fumanchus
+0|6696
I just like throwing the c4 high on a building next to flags or high on the flags themslves so that when choppers come to get flags I blow em down. i throw em over walls Its such a good tactic. Its more difficult then using the grenade launcher and jumping. that sucks that this move is getting 86 out of the game. I ll use em on tanks, but its more challenging to throw it on a low hovering chopper!
Drunkaholic
+4|6722

ryan_14 wrote:

I hope they put a rank in between gunnery sergeant and first sergeant/master sergeant. id like there to be another rank if possible at 13 000. is there even another rank in between stf. sgt. and 1st sgt and msgt?\

if not, they should make gunnery sergeant at like 7000 points, and first sergeant/master sergeant at say 13 000.
They'd better not nerf the First Sergeant to 13,000.  People (including myself, as of two days ago) have worked hard to reach First Sergeant, and we don't need another 1.03 on our hands. I just want the officer ranks to fall in after 2nd Lieutenant, with no changes to prior ranks.
emperorphoenix
+5|6772|Westeren Australia
well i think the release date will be  feb 2  cause the boster packs come out on the 8th

Last edited by emperorphoenix (2006-01-18 23:58:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard