chittydog
less busy
+586|6832|Kubra, Damn it!

haffeysucks wrote:

Crunches and pushups

edit: triceps, biceps, or both?  i would recommend both - always work both muscles.  curls (or curlups) and pushups then.
If he's lifting weights every other day, he may not want to do them both together. If you're trying to space them out for proper recovery time (something elite-uk needs to think about), then you should either work opposing muscle groups on alternating days, or split upper body and lower body in to alternating days. Opposing groups would be chest/shoulders/triceps one day, then back/biceps/core the next. If he sticks to the schedule he posted, he could even split it to chest/shoulders/triceps, then back/biceps/core, then lower body. Just work the crap out of each group on its respective day.

He still needs a day of rest, tbh. Your body needs recovery time.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

chittydog wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Crunches and pushups

edit: triceps, biceps, or both?  i would recommend both - always work both muscles.  curls (or curlups) and pushups then.
If he's lifting weights every other day, he may not want to do them both together. If you're trying to space them out for proper recovery time (something elite-uk needs to think about), then you should either work opposing muscle groups on alternating days, or split upper body and lower body in to alternating days. Opposing groups would be chest/shoulders/triceps one day, then back/biceps/core the next. If he sticks to the schedule he posted, he could even split it to chest/shoulders/triceps, then back/biceps/core, then lower body. Just work the crap out of each group on its respective day.

He still needs a day of rest, tbh. Your body needs recovery time.
i know, but i doubt he's going to stick with the program every single day.  hence unintended rest days.  also, he's only working pecs and bi/triceps, nothing else.  so if he DOES stick to the plan he's going to end up looking like the hunchback of notre dame.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
chittydog
less busy

ebug9 wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

jord wrote:

Rather than list all the exercises why don't you have a quick look on youtube. It's better to get a visual example than a wall of text of every exercise for every muscle.
TBH I don't know what to search for..

I want stomach muscles (dont even know what they're called) and maybe a bit on the arms.
Abdominals (stomach), Lats (the muscle located below your armpit), biceps (the muscle on top of your arm between your shoulder and the elbow), triceps (muscle on the bottom of your arm between your shoulder and your elbow), forearm (muscle from your elbow to your wrist).
Don't forget traps (between shoulder and neck), pecs (chest), glutes (your delicate keister), quads (front of thigh), hamstrings (back of thigh) and calves. Your legs have some of the largest muscles in your body, work them for endurance and explosive power rather than size. The overall biggest muscles in your body are your lats. Building them gives you that V shape that looks cool, it can also lower your body fat as those big muscles use up more of your calories than some of the smaller ones (like bi's & tri's).
Tripulaci0n
+14|6153
Do martial arts; its fun, its rewarding, and its a great whole body workout. Not to mention the flexibility you gain will be fun in bed, if you're into that kind of thing.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5776|loves Stimey <3 |
im not at home right now but ill train my arms (what ebug said) and my abs. am i missing something? ty in advance
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6388

Whatever you do, don't do 250 sit ups in less than 10 minutes if you haven't done sit ups for a few months.

It still hurts.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
Ok. I started it today.

50 situps - no problem.

I stopped it though cause I didn't want to go overkill and my stomach felt quite warm after doing it and also quite 'used'

I just don't know how to continue now.
What comes to my mind are pushups but I can't really to more than 20.
I don't have weights btw except some 2x2kg weights I can't find right now

Also, I'm trying to find a list with lots of foods with proteins that I like.

So far I has

-chicken
-eggs (I hope I can cook them to make them tastier)
-beans
-Pita Bread
-Kiwi Fruit
-Oranges
-Strawberries

Know anymore?

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-09-09 10:31:28)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK
dont drink 3 litres of coke zero.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Do 21 press-ups. Tomorrow do 22.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5971|England

i use to do 20 press usp max, then i started doing them every night

20 every night for a week
then 25 for a week
then 30
then 35
then 40
then 50
then 60

i did that now i just do around 70 every night and max about 80 on a good day

takes a few months but worth it
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

m3thod wrote:

dont drink 3 litres of coke zero.
I stopped drinking coke some time ago

kylef wrote:

Press ups as in push ups or sit ups?

SamTheMan:D wrote:

i use to do 20 press usp max, then i started doing them every night

20 every night for a week
then 25 for a week
then 30
then 35
then 40
then 50
then 60

i did that now i just do around 70 every night and max about 80 on a good day

takes a few months but worth it
Nice
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Ecilop Murof wrote:

So far I has

-chicken
-beans
-Pita Bread
-Kiwi Fruit
-Oranges
-Strawberries

Know anymore?
Peanut butter

Ecilop Murof wrote:

kylef wrote:

Press ups as in push ups or sit ups?
Push-ups...Euros use press-ups - Sounds sissy tbh

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-09-09 11:32:29)

Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

ebug9 wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

So far I has

-chicken
-beans
-Pita Bread
-Kiwi Fruit
-Oranges
-Strawberries

Know anymore?
Peanut butter
I've never had peanut butter before. I've never seen it in stores here =X

edit // grammar -__-

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-09-09 11:32:00)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Ecilop Murof wrote:

You're joking right? How have you never eaten peanut butter?

PB sandwich goes well with honey or bananas.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

ebug9 wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Never. No idea what it is like

I'll get some when I travel to london this holiday I guess
chittydog
less busy

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Ok. I started it today.

50 situps - no problem.

I stopped it though cause I didn't want to go overkill and my stomach felt quite warm after doing it and also quite 'used'

I just don't know how to continue now.
What comes to my mind are pushups but I can't really to more than 20.
I don't have weights btw except some 2x2kg weights I can't find right now

So far I has

-chicken
-beans
-Pita Bread
-Kiwi Fruit
-Oranges
-Strawberries

Know anymore?
Not much protein in fruit, so you're not going to get much out of strawberries, oranges or kiwi. They're all full of vitamins and taste good too, so go ahead and load up on them, since they're a lot better for you than twinkies. Chicken and beef are some of the best sources of complete protein you can get. Milk, eggs and fish are also great sources. Beans and other legumes, like peanuts, have a lot of protein, but aren't complete proteins. You need to eat them with rice to make them complete.

Beans and whole grain rice make a great post-workout meal since the whole grains replenish your glycogen. When you work out and break down muscle tissue, your body needs glycogen before it's able to start processing protein to rebuild your muscles. Your body will make its own glycogen from carbs, but high fiber foods provide it a lot faster. The faster you restore that, the faster your muscles start rebuilding.

A peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread makes another good post-workout meal. If you're trying to build mass, you should have a small snack with carbs and protein an hour or two before your workout. This fuels your muscles to work at their best without diverting too much oxygen to your digestive system. Have a protein rich meal within 30 minutes after your workout is finished.

This is all for building size and strength. If you're doing a lot of cardio or trying to lose fat, the time restrictions aren't such a big deal. Some people like to fast for a several hours before doing cardio since you don't have the option of burning food and start on your fat stores faster.

Before you get too crazy with the sit ups, remember that whatever you work out will start getting bigger. If you're doing tons of situps, but not much else, your abs will get bigger, but everything else will stay the same. If you're pretty lean, it makes you look really cut, but if you have even a little body fat, this just makes your belly look bigger.
chittydog
less busy

Ecilop Murof wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Never. No idea what it is like

I'll get some when I travel to london this holiday I guess
Take a handful of roasted peanuts and chew them until it's all a paste. Now you've had peanut butter. Unless you get that Jif shit, that tastes like someone took a nutty turd in a tub of shortening.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
I think ill run then before ill do srs workouts
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Go for a run now, I just did. Then did a few crunches/push ups. Nothing special but every little helps. Then again, I'm simply maintaining my fitness/trying to improve it a little. I'm not on a hardcore weight loss/muscle building thing here.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-10 04:22:00)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5761|Belgium
I have one of these at home :

https://www.pycfitness.com/admin/uploadpic/20073161249619559.jpg

Just a question though, does this thing work? lol
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Jebus wrote:

I have one of these at home :

http://www.pycfitness.com/admin/uploadp … 619559.jpg

Just a question though, does this thing work? lol
Much easier without it
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5761|Belgium
The thing is, when I do exercises with the ab roller I feel my abs A LOT more, and I really mean a lot. Could it be that I'm just doing the normal exercises completly wrong lol?
Also, I heard doing those 'bicycles' are a great way to work your abs (you reach to your knees with the opposite elbow, in a fluent way) Are they an OK exercise? I tried them but I absolutly suck at them though, I just can't get it right :p
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
Ill have sports class mek (writing this on my iPhone) so ill run anyways but nice. Since I started it all i lost 10 kilos and grown 4-5cm =X
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Since I started it all i lost 10 kilos and grown 4-5cm =X
Since you started this topic?
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Since I started it all i lost 10 kilos and grown 4-5cm =X