Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

ebug9 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

To build muscle you also need to eat

Don't starve yourself otherwise your workout will have proven to be pointless...protein and fat is needed so that muscles can be developed!

Having said all that I'd advise you to eat a lot of the right foods. Don't skip breakfast, lunch or dinner.

High protein foods or shakes are useful.
(you must be tired and fuck up afterwards, not a soft workout)
I'm gonna steal the thread for a second.

Should the muscle be sore or tired at the end of the workout? You mentioned something above about the muscle "repairing" itself to become bigger. Does it have to feel sore before it'll repair itself?
Your muscles ( lets take biceps for example ) should feel stiff and should be warm ( like when you get out of your car which you have just driven, the hood will be very warm, same sort of example ). They should feel stiff in a good way though, as if you feel them worked out but not weak. You shouldn't strain your muscles to the point of pain, but you should never be "breezing" through excercises. If you are, then put up the difficulty of it. Say you do 18KG bicep curls and you can do 10 easily. Put it up to 20KG and then try to do 8 - please note that this is just an example, and you shouldn't even be considering such weights. You should feel good after the workout and puffed out, put not in pain.

@ teddy : I would still advise completely natural food with intakes of "everyday" stuff. Once he "buffs up" then maybe he can start, but he doesn't need them yet.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
^ haha, lifted a pair of 20s to give them a go in my school gym and damn, they are tough Currently at around 10 x 14kg, going to try and increase that 8 x 16kg (that is, 8 lifts of 16kg on each arm)

Edit: this is of course from sitting down. Kneecaps to collarbones, not waist to above head.

<-- weak?

Last edited by kylef (2008-09-06 12:38:37)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
While we're on the subject:
Is it not a good idea to hold your feet down with something (like sticking them under a sofa) while doing push-ups?
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills

Beduin wrote:

Use body weight only.
Sexy result NOT arnold.
Not entirely true.  You can still use weights, but as long as they stay low in weight and you go for more reps it will be a more extensive workout but with the same result as using your body weight.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2008-09-06 13:34:04)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
I'll be taking up rowing at university so I doubt I'll need to bench again in my life
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5777|loves Stimey <3 |
Ok. I've been talking with Zimmer about it and here's my plan:

Monday - skateboarding (or running if there's noone to skate with)
Tuesday - workout (dumbbell kickback, close grip bench press dunno with what though, sit-ups)
Wednesday - running
Thursday -90 minutes sports class
Friday - workout
Saturday - football or running
Sunday - workout

What do you think?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

For the workout, make sure you work as many muscles as you can. Start at the head and work down. Like Zimmer said, try to keep it around 40-60 min and no more.
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

ebug9 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

To build muscle you also need to eat

Don't starve yourself otherwise your workout will have proven to be pointless...protein and fat is needed so that muscles can be developed!

Having said all that I'd advise you to eat a lot of the right foods. Don't skip breakfast, lunch or dinner.

High protein foods or shakes are useful.
(you must be tired and fuck up afterwards, not a soft workout)
I'm gonna steal the thread for a second.

Should the muscle be sore or tired at the end of the workout? You mentioned something above about the muscle "repairing" itself to become bigger. Does it have to feel sore before it'll repair itself?
When you strain your muscles, such as in a workout, you will tear muscle fibers. After the workout, your muscles will repair themselves and this is when they get bigger/stronger. Your muscles may feel sore and tired at the end of your workouts at first, but once you get used to it it will just feel "worked out", hard to describe really.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6234|Uk
as far as i know, regular weight lifting (i.e. dumbbells etc) only tone muscles, and dont build them. you need other activities to build them, but i dont know what
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine
If you do lots of reps of lower weights, you tone. If you do less reps of close to your max weight, you build muscle.

Say like, you could bench 100lbs. So doing 30-40lbs 10-15 times for 3 sets or something to tone, then maybe 80lbs as many as you can to build strength.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I workout everyday, and this is what i do:

Morning - half an hour after i wake up i do some weights, 10-15 minute session at home. Then i eat lots of breakfast and fruit, you can eat alot for breakfast...you wont gain any weight doing this as you will be burning it off during the day anyway.

Around 10:45 - A 5 minute workout, i blast the weights and do the speedball for a quick warm-up later.

Around 12 o'clock - A 15 minute workout doing chest, biseps, situps and more speedball.

Around 14:45 - Another 5 minute blast with the speedball and weights working the biseps.

16:30 - I do a 30 minute workout of the chest, biseps, triseps, ABS and i really work all those muscles to rip as much as i can, and finally top it off with 10 minutes on the speedball.

Of course this all needs to be fueled with plenty of food and protein to help your muscles grow, it also might sound too much, but i have been doing it for 2 months now and im already starting to see the benefits
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال

specops10-4 wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Use body weight only.
Sexy result NOT arnold.
Not entirely true.  You can still use weights, but as long as they stay low in weight and you go for more reps it will be a more extensive workout but with the same result as using your body weight.
True.. Just a thumb rule i got from my old coach.
You can always expand - by using low weight- once you have reached a certain level.
- All this talk makes me wanna workout.. AFTER Ramadan

Last edited by Beduin (2008-09-07 02:41:15)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Tuesday - workout (dumbbell kickback, close grip bench press dunno with what though, sit-ups)
Wednesday - running
Friday - workout
Sunday - workout

What do you think?
Where's a day of rest?
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

kylef wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Wednesday - running
Friday - workout
Sunday - workout

What do you think?
Where's a day of rest?
Saturday. Football isn't really working out is it?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

Ecilop Murof wrote:

kylef wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Wednesday - running
Friday - workout
Sunday - workout

What do you think?
Where's a day of rest?
"or running"
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

kylef wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

kylef wrote:

Where's a day of rest?
"or running"
Lol. i think the football and running can be rest, its hardly straining his upper body.

But yea, i workout from Monday to Friday, then saturday and sunday i rest the muscles
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Stick to keeping yourself fit/getting more fit by playing sports/running/biking etc.. and do some normal stuff like push ups/crunches/pull ups but apart from that don't go crazy with weights and shit. You're too young for that.

And if you don't think Football is a workout then you're not playing it properly

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-07 05:48:45)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6233|S.A. Australia
I ve just got a little routine of push-ups and crunches and dips that i do every day, that works well for me.  Being a drummer also helps with the biceps

Also, playing football (the soccer football i assume?) is a good idea.  Hardly a rest, but it wont strain your upper body too much and is an awesome fat burning workout.

Last edited by eskimo_sammyjoe (2008-09-07 06:28:47)

Serious Flex
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
Last question: What exercises do you guys do? For which body part? I know sit ups.. and thats it. Help?

I'll this thread updated with my results, starting the workout tomorrow (if I get helpful tips on what I should do)
Brasso
+1,549|6628

get away from the fucking computer
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

haffeysucks wrote:

get away from the fucking computer
u r liek teh most funiest boi eva
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
Rather than list all the exercises why don't you have a quick look on youtube. It's better to get a visual example than a wall of text of every exercise for every muscle.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

jord wrote:

Rather than list all the exercises why don't you have a quick look on youtube. It's better to get a visual example than a wall of text of every exercise for every muscle.
TBH I don't know what to search for..

I want stomach muscles (dont even know what they're called) and maybe a bit on the arms.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

Crunches and pushups

edit: triceps, biceps, or both?  i would recommend both - always work both muscles.  curls (or curlups) and pushups then.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-09-08 12:54:40)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Ecilop Murof wrote:

jord wrote:

TBH I don't know what to search for..

I want stomach muscles (dont even know what they're called) and maybe a bit on the arms.
Abdominals (stomach), Lats (the muscle located below your armpit), biceps (the muscle on top of your arm between your shoulder and the elbow), triceps (muscle on the bottom of your arm between your shoulder and your elbow), forearm (muscle from your elbow to your wrist).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard