Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
I have uninstalled the browser for now.  I have left feedback for them.(If they ever read it.) and told them about my issues with it.  Anyone else do this?
Smithereener
+138|6334|California

haffeysucks wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

However, it does have many positives- most of these based on the architecture it runs on- My browser will stay open for days, and and the end of it Opera is using 200mb of memory, with only a couple of tabs running- Chromes unique memory management fixes that, and also the things such as the beefed up Javascript engine, makes a huge deal of sense.
Holy crap, so that was why... I liked Opera a lot, but I was always concerned when I opened up Task Manager and saw the 200,000 next to it. Always thought that was my computer fucking up for some reason.

Yeah, the lack of mouse gestures is annoying, I keep doing the left click + move down + move right to try and close a tab, only to realise it's not working. But it's getting a bit easier to deal with. I can't really tell if it's slower than Opera, but overall, I'm liking it more than Opera now.
Middle click on tab = quicker
Sometimes. But not when you don't to move your cursor all the way up to the top in fear of accidentally opening up your Objectdock. It's much more convenient doing a small little movement from anywhere on the screen tbh.

But I've gotten used to the middle click thing again.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6440|My room
Chrome's beauty lies in its simplicity.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6702|West Yorkshire, U.K

T1g3r217 wrote:

Chrome's beauty lies in its simplicity.
QFT
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5806|Catherine Black
I agree, T1g3r, I'm on it right now. Pretty sveeeeeeeeeet!

Very quick at booting up and loading pages etc.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
VicktorVauhn
+319|6410|Southern California

Smithereener wrote:

when you don't to move your cursor all the way up to the top in fear of accidentally opening up your Objectdock
Well, isn't that more of object docks program then Crome? If you have to "fear" moving your mouse to a certain part of the screen because it will activate some software, that software is kinda a piece of shit isn't it?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6457|King Of The Islands

Well this turned out well.

<3 FF.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Smithereener
+138|6334|California

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

when you don't to move your cursor all the way up to the top in fear of accidentally opening up your Objectdock
Well, isn't that more of object docks program then Crome? If you have to "fear" moving your mouse to a certain part of the screen because it will activate some software, that software is kinda a piece of shit isn't it?
Well, not really, it's probably more like accidentally tapping your touchpad while typing on a notebook. It's there and you accidentally activate it; that doesn't quite mean it's shit because of that. It hasn't been much of a problem as of late though, I'm more used to keeping the cursor in check now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard